The Developers continue to do a terrible job with our class.

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Germs666, Sep 22, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

I don't know where to start anymore. The future looks awful.

I had some hope for this class with the anouncement of debuffs for necromancers, but now the developers have no ETA if or when this will happen.
    Our T4 Set has been broken and is still not fixed 11 months into the expansion.
    Pet gear has had issues since it was introduced, it wouldn't stack properly or it wouldn't even apply early on. Sadly our set gear adds broken pet effects in place of spell damage,spell crit and base damage.
    Our Lifetaps,spell damage caps, casting speed were nerfed a while ago. (Is there a reason why we can't roll back this one?,Bloodcoil used to be a nuke!)
    We have a ton of broken spells, useless AA (see my This class in garbage post)

The proc nerf (from GU51? or 52) took away DPS from summoners, the new racial patch is going to take away my 5% racial cast speed, 2% crit and I'm going to lose an AoE spell. = Less DPS
    Now there is news of our Mythical pet not scaling But no mythical revamp for our class. = Less DPS
    Gear degrading, losing stats as I level next expansion = less DPS
    Guess what, our DPS has been in the toilet for 2 expansions and you're about to make it Worse???!!!!!!!
    I don't know why I still play this class but I do know there are other MMOS I could be spending my money on. I think the devs have thrown in the towel for us.

I'd rather hear an honest answer such as, "It's not in our budget to fix necromancers at this time, please try another class for now" instead of "We have something in the works, just no time frame yet." You've been using that lame excuse for far too long.
  2. ARCHIVED-Revanis Guest

This post got me so angry and fed up, because it's so true. I tried to look the other way for the longest time. But the reality is what the OP has said. I don't understand why the devs cannot be straight with us. No i don't have the extra time or money to rally up to your fan faires to try to convince you. I've endured years of this in hopes of change. I parse every day with newere and different gear in hopes to get every little improvement to dps to maintain raid and group spots with minimum dubious looks from leaders. I could say that I'm getting by right now, but borerline, and now your telling me we're getting nerfed again? I just can't believe this shi* anymore. WTF do we still have the ooze crawler? Who gives a crap about DoTs in the extremely short fighting system? Why can't our tank pets hold ANY aggro? What is the purpose of the necromancer anymore? This post is gonna get burried just like the rest.
    I bought this game a while back and fell in love with it, specially because of this class. We were really good and up there with the REST of the mage classes. We had awesome looking mage pets. As the years past, we just get worse and worse. The list of issues just gets bigger and bigger as it accumilates massive amounts of dust, and at this point the line of hope is as thin as possible. I'll suck it up till the new expansion comes out, but come on devs, that's about it. Be reasonable!

EDIT: I'm sorry I was rude in the above statements. I got upset, it's just one of those things that gets bottled up. Ultimately, its' your game, and i'm sure as a developer, I understand that you can't do beyond the scope of the outlined work that was designed by the producer. At this point I only ask you and the producers on behalf of all experienced to vetern necros who are atleast TSO and above, is to be reasonable with us, and give us some fair amount of attention, sooner rather then later. Again, i'm sorry.
  3. ARCHIVED-lordofplague Guest

Ive read these same kinds of posts alot all over the forums.. What are the chances of them being adressed?
  4. ARCHIVED-Anklesteiner Guest

Absolutely none. They'll continue to scale down the Necromancer class, and make it virtually impossible for us to get invites to groups and raids simply because our DPS is hard to keep up with, with the wizard and scount classes.

Which is stupid.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cinnimon Guest

lordofplague wrote:
    Sometime by the time EQ3 comes out!
  6. ARCHIVED-Kigneer Guest

Germs666 wrote:
    Be a Paladin.
  7. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

Kigneer wrote:
    If i rolled another toon they still get their 15 dollars a month from my wallet. What incentive would that give them to do their jobs?
  8. ARCHIVED-Kigneer Guest

Germs666 wrote:
    We all want our favorite classes to shine, and it IS a pity our favorites sometimes won't due to nerfing/breaking/ruining a class. So I'm saying it's not so dire, as others are in the same boat.
    Some perspective.
  9. ARCHIVED-Revanis Guest

and we understand that, therefore we ask that ALL classes that are in need of change request some sort of fair change asap!
  10. ARCHIVED-Mewse Guest

I left EQ2 over 6 months ago. I was annoyed with the necro class problems and just tired of playing. I only came back because a friend asked for help getting started.
    1) the same problems that were there 6 months ago are still there
    2) the same people are still griping about them when it is obvious they are never going to be fixed.
    From my perspective all the forum griping is kind of pointless. Necromancers are just not high on the priority list since, unlike tanks, enchanters and healers, we are not an essential class.
  11. ARCHIVED-Finny Guest

I have been working on my little 38 Necro (57 AAs) a lot recently, and since my main is a warden, I found the change to be fun and so far, pretty solo friendly... At 37, I was able to solo a named heroic 35^^^ in Enchanted Lands, which (at the time) I thought was really cool. I'm just a casual player, but I have really tried to work hard on my character's AAs this time around, and I was generally happy with my class at this point.
    After reading about these issues, I'm now concerned about my choice as my new main. I had heard that the necro mythic was useless, but I didn't realize the entire class was undesired at high levels... When do we start becoming useless? After reading this thread, I feel like I should just work on a Shadowknight or something.
  12. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Exactly what is wrong with the class these days? I can parse up to 11k and I'm not at max gear :p
  13. ARCHIVED-Revanis Guest

Deveryn@Lucan DLere wrote:
    I'm pretty sure I've tried many many things for months to improve DPS including optimizing the casting order, AA distribution, investing in jewelry to reduce casting times and add dmg modifiers, getting the myth, bloodthirsty choker, full set of T3+, and even with all this, I can only parse 4k on the training dummy without lifeburn, and 5.5k with lifeburn. I only parse 10k-12k with UT or TC on me.
    But it doesn't hurt if you could maybe share some of your tactics and setup (spell casting order, gear, adornements, w/ bard or without, how much dps you do on the training dummy, etc) if you can be specific that would be great. Maybe that could she some light on what we're missing.
    All in all, on top of all this, necros are limited to 15k at MAX. Every other dps specific class can parse wayyy more than that, and that's where we fall short.
  14. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Archimond@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Actually, I'm probably not the best person to ask about what's missing. I'm trying to find that out myself. I just think people are a little too hard on the class, calling the myth useless and all this other nonsense. Parsing a few k under a few people is not the end of the world. I don't think anyone should give up on the class just because others don't fully understand or appreciate the class. I'm not saying it couldn't use a few tweaks, but people really need to keep an open mind when they sift through the garbage that shows up in forums and chat channels.
    My necro is still a work in progress for me, as I'm only in T2 with a couple of pieces of T3 and a spell crit adorned myth. I also have the choker and I'm working on getting more rapid casting. Training dummy is at about 3400. I've pulled around 9k on packs of mobs in places like Anchor of Bahzul with an SK, Troub, Fury and one other. Other than that, the high numbers usually involve a burn.
  15. ARCHIVED-Mewse Guest

I think what you new necro's are seeing are us old necro's complaining about how we lost so much since RoK was released. Pre-RoK necro's were top tier dmg parsers. Summoned hearts were considered essential for raid survival. Everyone not only wanted a necro on their raid - they needed a necro on their raid. Then RoK was released and with the new gear that became available hearts were obsolete, tank classes and enchanters started outparsing us. Pet dps became a far smaller part of our dmg output (which hurt because without a high dmg pet we couldn't keep up with the non-pet classes). Tank pets could not hold aggro like they once did. Raid leaders began to rethink their strategies and summoners were just not a part of that anymore. We became "the guys that filled in the extra slot if there was one".
    Sure, necro's are great soloing. IMO the best. There is a lot a necro can do up until the end game. But once you get to T8 you will find you are just not needed anymore. Folks would rather have another chanter or bard or a higher dps class.
    That's not the entire history of complaints but that is it in summary.
  16. ARCHIVED-Arkinon Guest

Deveryn@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Im sorry but Im going to call BS on this one... Occasionally parsing 9-11k on a group with a troub (and maybe an illy) in your group is not consistant. Dont try to lead me to believe that this is what you do all the time. Especially in such an easy zone. Do some raids without the troub and post some parses. Hell even with the troub... I think you will find that your actual parse will be closer to 3-5k. Keeping in mind a single parse is not your zone average. I have parsed 12k on a raid in hate on a single mob using all my abilities but my zonewide was only 6.5k ZW. Sure I could say that I Parse 12k... but that hardly the truth and being able to and doing it constantly are 2 VERY different things. People need to realize that a single parse on a named or a group of mobs in an easy zone is not the going to keep us in raids when the reality is you WILL come in much lower then the scout or other mages in the same quality gear you are. AND That is the frustrating part.
    My average ZW in T3 and mixed T4 is still 5k+. Occasionally I will get a 6-7k
    The truth is the changes that they have implimented have hurt this class and with all the broken mechanics not getting fixed it makes a lot of people frustrated because we know what we could be capable of it they would just fix the stuff that is broken. I dont think thats a lot to ask.
  17. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Hey, relax. I was talking about one instance. I never said it was consistent. I never even claimed to be an expert at any of this. I'm not even saying things don't need fixing. I was just trying to get a better understanding of everything and I got it already, thanks.
    And damn, that's two months late. Yeah, let's go ahead and assume I still feel the same way. :p lol
  18. ARCHIVED-iceykat Guest

I do not agree about necro dps.. i can do 14k dps on raids even without a troub and even did a 21k parse on a single target mob in raid... just a matter of having decent gear investing in temporary adorns/pots and learning your casting order and cast stuff fast.

wizards/warlocks might be more easy mode but necros or conj's for that matter can give em a run for their money

just check the parses on eq2flames on the necro section

oh and ya necros do suck on short fights single target mobs unless we use lifeburn but so what..
    but ya i'd like summoners to have some useful thing to contribute to make it worth for ppl to take in a necro instead of a warlock/wizard other then the usless shard/heart and to have the bugs fixed
  19. ARCHIVED-Finny Guest

So, I posted at the beginning of this thread and now have a 74 Necro with 160 AA. I am in a guild with a really good 80 Necro who parses 17-18k on raids (I haven't been to a raid, this is hearsay so I don't know details, sorry!) But the thing is, I have been told pretty much that Necros are still only useful on a select few raids.
    I really do enjoy soloing on my Necro. My other alt was a warden, so this is a pretty big change for me. I think the class has so much potential and could really bring a lot to a raid. So why not give us something special that is actually needed for raids? Why exclude a whole class from raiding? I just don't get it. Sorry if I seem naive, I wasn't around pre-RoK so I have only heard rumors of what it was like. I was told point blank that "Necros already had their day in the sun" (so the class is now only going to be nerfed from here).
    At the end of the day, even if my Necro can't raid, I enjoy him for my solo work, for triumphs, for farming (YES, he's great at farming, imo). But for raids, well... maybe I'll look at making another alt when I'm 80. I'll wait for the next expansion though, but I'm considering a Warlock now.
  20. ARCHIVED-Daelim Guest

I started my Necro the day EQ2 went live. There aren't many Necro's out there that have existed as long as mine. About six months after the game came out I shelved my necro and moved to WoW because the class was so broken it was unplayable at max level. Since I came back to EQ2 a few years ago most of the broken necro spells had been "fixed" but it is still probably the most broken class out there. I started alts because it was impossible to find groups with my Necro. I made an SK, then an Illusionist, then a Warden, and most recently an Inquisitor. All level 80 and all of them can solo almost as well as my Necro now. My necro is still my favorite toon but if I want to group and do an instance or something I pretty much have to shelve the necro and pull out the warden or the Illy. I am just hopeful that the new expansion in a few weeks will give the Necro class something thats desirable in a group besides low DPS that can be beaten by any class thats not strait up healing the instance. I do not consider myself a Great player. I think I'm better then average but the average player has no clue what they are doing so thats really not saying a lot. In T1 with a horrible gossamer robe and Myth pet my Necro averages 3.3 to 3.5kdps zonewide in shard zones which, in my guild, is normally good for 3rd place on the parser behind a warlock and the main tank (shadownight) and 4th place if we have a ranger along. I've neglected getting T2 for this toon because I have 4 other charactors that are actually useful to a group or a raid that need it first. Oh, and forget about T3. I've been trying for 6 months to get my Necro into a WOE raid. I can't even get him into a guild WOE raid more the less a pick up raid that requires full T2, myth and 4kdps minimum. Basically the problem is that we offer nothing to the raid other then summoned hearts which really aren't useful when wardens with thier fabled epic NEVER go below 90% power and my Illy in T1 and two pieces of T3 can keep a whole group above 90% power for most of a raid zone. Most of the raids on my server will take one necro along at most only if there is a spot left after all the classes they need get invited. I'm tired of getting to play my Necro only as a charity case. The new Hierloom tag helped a little. Now I can use my useful toons to farm up the gear my Necro needs. I guess thats something at least...