The Decorator's Resource (Guides and Links)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Current/Upcoming Decorating Events
    Holiday House Exchange 2023 - Host Celestiell. Feb 5 - May 15. christina.ec.grey@gmail.com
    Taverns of Varsoon - Host Lollihops. (Varsoon Only) Mar 13 - Apr 27. Lollihops.Varsoon@gmail.com

Decoraid Events
    Antonia Bayle - Run by Brewmyst. Saturday June 3rd, 3pm pst.
    Halls of Fate - Currently not happening
    Maj'Dul Houses - Run by Kareena. Last Saturday at 5 pm PST (2 hours) in Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov
    Maj'Dul Guild Halls / Interactive - Run by Valaya. Last Saturday at 5 pm PST (2 hours) in Feb, Apr, Jun, Aug.
    Some sort of event Oct and possibly Dec.
    Skyfire - Currently not happening.

House/Guild Hall Video Tours
    Open House - Let people know you would like them to visit your creation (and maybe video)
    EQ2 Video Tours Requests - Request a video tour of your house, guild hall, or dungeon
    Spreadsheet of Video Tours - Complete list of all video tours of houses, guild halls, and dungeons
    Spreadsheet How To Video - Video shows how to use video tour spreadsheet to find videos you wanna see

Event Video Tours

Old Deco Event Video Tours

Current Events (Den Mum's Sneak Peeks, Walk-thru, Trackers, etc.)
    Holiday Event Trackers - All holiday event quest spreadsheet tracker links
    Help Wanted Postings - Den Mum's Help Wanted Postings

Tinkerfest 2022
    Scorched Sky 2022
    Summer Jubilee '22
    Oceansfull 2022
    Panda, Panda, Panda 2022
    Night of the Dead 2022
    Heroes' Festival 2022
    Frostfell 2022
    Erollisi's Day 2022
    Chronoportals 2023
    Brewday 2023
    Bristlebane Day 2023
    Beast'r Eggstravaganza 2023

GU122: Empire of Antiquity Tradeskill Goodness
    Renewal of Ro

Older Den Mum's Sneak Peeks
    GU119: Coffers and Coffins Crafting & Housing Goodness
    Visions of Vetrovia Crafting & Housing Information Clearinghouse
    GU118: Toil and Trouble

Reign of Shadows Crafting & Housing Clearing House
    Blood of Luclin Crafting & Housing Clearing House
    GU109 Mischief & Mayhem Eye-candy)

Item and Housing References
    EQ2 Furniture - Most up-to-date item reference site
    EQ2 Traders Corner - Info on all crafted items with highlighted updates on live events and GUs
    EQ2 Design Gallery - Info about houses, guild halls, events, decorators, etc.
    EQ2Artisans - Great source for information in French
    EQ2 Zam - Great source for quested item information
    Morukta, Jesaine, draidean and 9 others like this.
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Layout Editors
    EQ2 Designers - Download Jesdyr's Layout Editor
    Open Source Layout Editor - Download Sennen Layout Editor

How To
    House Copy
    Helpful Tips - by Ocarinah

Layout Editing
    Notepad Editing Method - Mistal's Guide to Notepad Editing Layout Files
    Basic Layout Editing - Gracey's How-To Guide for Getting Started with the Layout Editor
    How To: Layout Editor... - Jazabelle's Tutorials on Layout editing
    Layout File Structure- Jesdyr's layout file information

Other Guides and Info
    Housing Breakout Guide - eq2.wikia.com
    Building Block Dimensions - Jazabelle's Spreadsheet
    Wishlists - links to the specific wishlists
    ~Marketplace Player-Studio Display~ House - Complete display of Player-Studio items
    Item Search - EQ2Wire.com
    The Decorators of Norrath - outdated list of decorators by Afista

Commissions
    How To: Commission a Decorator - by Homes and Tomes
    How To: Take Housing Commissions - by Homes and Tomes
    To Commission Or Not - by Homes and Tomes

Dungeon Decorator's Resource
    EQ2 Wiki - Spawners list
    EQ2 Wiki - Effect Objects - (although not visible, an important part in dungeon design)

General Game Info
    Things I Wish I'd Known Earlier
    Old The Decorator's Resource
    Archived Homeshow Forums
    Morukta, Jesaine, Saints and 7 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! Thanks for doing this! :D

One oops, though; the link for the Break-Out Locations is still showing the old addy:

forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/breakout-coordinates.159/

which wouldn't get people anywhere but the "what the heck are you trying to do?" page. ;->

Everything else is changed to the new daybreakgames.com info. :)

Uwk
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting me know and will fix it right away. Things were acting weird at the end when I had to get going. I plan on going through that thread and making a new one which I can edit so all of the houses can be found in first (and second if needed) posting.
  5. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

Not a big deal but you are missing the h in housing for the EQ2 design gallery link description
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, if the Powers have /typo commands, just in case... ;)

Kudos to Oaky, though, for revamping all this and making it viable again! :) And, apparently, fixing the issue! :D

Uwk
    Merriel, Febrith and Trixwynter like this.
  7. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thanks for catching my mistakes. Doing this was on my todo list since a few people requested me to do this. Finally getting it done. Still more I wanna do but it is getting there. :)
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

How are you going to get it Stickied, eventually? Who do you talk to for that? /nosy

Uwk
    Ocarinah and Merriel like this.
  9. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

Can I make a suggestion of adding somewhere on there how to add homeshow chat and maybe a few of the facebook groups like the maj'dul decorating one.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You mean, how to add Antonia.Bayle_Homeshow as a Chat Channel? Erg...it's been so long, and I'm not in-game right now... Hmm. I think you right-click on the chat window and select Chat Options, which gets you the big overall chat screen with all the various check boxes. On the right, there's the Join area, where you'd type in Antonia.Bayle_Homeshow (or just Homeshow if you're on Antonia Bayle at the moment), then hit the check box, then hit the Join button, then rub your belly, pat your head, and stand on one foot, all at the same time (though those last bits might not be necessary, but They really didn't make it easy).

Of course, I might have missed something in there, so I hope someone who actually knows what they're doing will post something more official/correct on here and yeah, get that stickied, too (I always worry, for instance, that it's actually Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow, and I've waited for a response for help without realizing I'm the only one on the wrong channel). :D

Uwk
    Ocarinah, Merriel and Trixwynter like this.
  11. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

I'm already on there but when i changed computers or had to reinstall I had to search around for several minutes on what the command to join it is.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've had issues in the past (well, not just me...) where for whatever reason, the Powers decided to abolish the rights of Thurgadin (or Splitpaw/Storms/Valor before The Great Consolidation) to connect to the rest of the world through Homeshow, and if it went on for very long, the channel itself was gone from my Join list, and I had to re-do it from scratch once we got permission again, which necessitated some head-scratching for a bit. :-/

Uwk
    Merriel and Trixwynter like this.
  13. santargria Well-Known Member

Didn't work for me - is that the only chat channel for homeshow - Antonia.Bayle_Homeshow? or is there one for each server?

Ok figured it out - the chat channel is Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow (Not Antonia.Bayle_Homeshow) reverse the dot and underscore!
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ack! Okay, my bad; yeah, it is Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow! :-/

Sorry for the confusion... :(

Uwk
    Ocarinah, Merriel and santargria like this.
  15. santargria Well-Known Member

No worries - we're back on track and all is right with the world... Kinda LOL ;)
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Good idea. I hate facebook and the Ocarinah account was reported. I don't remember how I became a member to Homeshow with Ocarinah and wasn't in Maj'dul one. I need help with the how to join facebook groups. When I have that info I can make a thread about how to join all three things and put link above to the thread.
  17. Trixwynter Well-Known Member

Not at home right now but I'll try tonight to send you what I know. I may noy have all of them
  18. santargria Well-Known Member

I avoid it like the plague!
  19. Gretel Well-Known Member

In addition to this, you can join chat channels with the /join command, i.e. /join Antonia_Bayle.homeshow :)
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ooh, I just noticed the new sticky thread. Thank you, Ocarinah! We really needed this. :)
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.