The Dangers of Buying Plat and/or Power Leveling services

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Greeblen-, Mar 17, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-07 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=502816&post_id=5633750 Posting links to 3rd party gold sites
  2. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-07 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=502816&post_id=5634148 Posting links to 3rd party gold sites
  3. ARCHIVED-Raz_wolf Guest

First let me say i'm completely 100% against gold buying. That being said any heavy handed system is just too problematic.

Most companies use programs to "spot" this behavior. The trouble with this system is you are guilty until proven innocent. Something that is very hard to do when all you got is email and your word vs their "infallible algorithm" Most of the times you never get to even speak to a real person before it happens, So your left begging a CS rep who has heard it all before and really dont care. Often these programs just look for large cash transfers changing hands. In the days of buying/selling loot rights. I see large cash sums change hands often. One guild member i can think of runs 2 accounts and one has atleast 30k plat. What if he traded that to his other account? Would that be enough to set off some code? Probally

If i really wanted to i could site atleast half a dozen oops where programs have falsely banned alot of people. But I really dont have the time to do that now, But trust me it has happened. And thats just the ones we know about. How many have been banned from one game or another that the glitch wasnt discovered?
  4. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Lawl, Why buy gold when you can buy Platinum Legally from SOE with SC Gifting? :)
  5. ARCHIVED-sirmoosealot Guest

Amana@Kithicor wrote:
    true but if people actually took the time to read that long ToS before the game starts they would know plat buying is against the ToS, maybe sony should write in big letters on the launcher specifically saying, "Don't be a ******, buying plat from plat selling sites is against ToS and if you do anyways and your account is hacked or compromised, well tough luck we warned you!"
  6. ARCHIVED-simianthief Guest

It wouldn't help. I can't remember the last time I actually read an ToS agreement, which is stupid on my part I realize that...but I read enough legal documents every day as it is. And unless something of gross misconduct happens I am okay with "common" sense ruling.