The current Xp rate is not sustainable.

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kalika, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

I ran may be half all the Zek time line, the trials + the Greenhod time line and my paladin went from 35 to 36.

May be there was an error in switching back after the bonus, may be it s like it was but with 70 levels to catch up the current rate is simply going to drain away the server life.
  2. Blaupunkt Active Member

Why have you not learnt by now that they do this to try and sell XP pots, if you don't want to use pots then suck it up and grind away, like lots of people do, or use your 500 FREE coins a month to buy xp pots.

Yes the XP gain is crap but that's the way it is, also buy some collections they offer OK XP.
  3. Hydraulics Member

We just had double xp from December 16th to January 3rd. Perhaps you just got used to that rate. It appears to be the same before the bonus.
    Dude likes this.
  4. Somedude Active Member

Solo Quests are not the way.
  5. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Solo xp should be increased so people can continue to level new characters as xp groups get harder to find... but unfortunately the game dev(s) disagree.
    Geroblue likes this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Solo/Molo is how I enjoy this game.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Think it took like 90 hours of play time on Nagafen with a lower xp rate, 0 xp pots, and 0 help from broker/other players to go from 1-70.

Purely questing.

It in comparison takes like 4-5 hours with one pot to get power leveled 1-70 and like five kronos.
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yeap that is the problem, my sk ran a group of 35ish guildmate through the obelix and they got like 6 levels,and it was not a proper PL group since we had two afk on follow, a single lvl 70 mentor doing 90% of the damage.

New players should have a chance to level at a decent rate even if they don't want (or cannot be) to be PL
    Geroblue likes this.
  9. Somedude Active Member

they could double or tripple the quest xp rewards for pre level 60 quests and it would have no impact.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I find it kinda agrivating to be told by the NPC that the quest is Incredibly Important. And get silver pieces as a reward.

If its That Important, gold and/or platinum should be the reward.
  11. Zenji Well-Known Member

What if they are a poor? Broke NPC's have problems too ;)
    Siren likes this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The devs can promote them then. I'm not in charge of the NPCs here. But hey, if they work for the City or the Queen, then the rewards should be higher than a penny farthing.
    Somedude likes this.
  13. Somedude Active Member

Yeah the coin is all coded based upon level of the quest.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

or level of the toon in some cases , if you got 10 plat for each quest at level 5 the economy would go through the roof even faster .
    Some quests don't even give you coin at all , only xp .
    Your supposed to want to help your city or faction , so take those old smelly dwarf boots and be happy.:rolleyes:
    I haves no idea how those can be one size fits all :confused:
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Magic boots size to fit the wearer.

Anyway. If its an 'average' quest, then silver, but if its a World Stopping Must Get Done sort of Quest, then platinum should be the reward.
  16. Kittik Well-Known Member

This thread feels like everything that went wrong with EQ2 to start with. People complaining that it's not easy enough. This thread makes me feel dirty.
  17. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Not that I would agree, but if you are going to complain about easy, then complain about how easy it is to PL with xp pots... cuz solo leveling ain't quick or easy by comparison. When the population tapers off to where people have a hard time finding xp groups and can't level new characters, they have to be able to level solo. This is something every old MMO has to address in some form... usually by making it easier to solo or increasing xp, or allowing high level players to group with low level players, or some kind of NPC mercenary or companion. Kaladim is not immune to the effects of dwindling population..