The Crushbone Guide Chronicles

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Elyshka, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Elyshka Senior Guide

*rushes in, panting and out of breath*

I was passing through Maj'Dul, shopping for my spices like I always do on the weekends (that's when you get the best bargains!), and I might have accidentally overheard one of the fortune tellers speaking with a client. Evidently, the stars speak of a quarrel dividing a young couple who reside in New Halas. Naturally, I wasn't snooping, so I didn't hear all the details (don't look at me in that tone of voice!), but I DID hear something about Tuesday evening at 5 pm...
  2. Sr_guide Kellin Senior Guide

Tomorrow 02-18-13 at 1:00 pm PST a poor love sick troll can be found on the docks of New Halas seeking help with her love life. Now if you have any romance in your soul you will come by and see if you can lend her a hand.
  3. Elyshka Senior Guide

Ah, what a clever froglok! It seems that a well-placed kick was all it took for him to escape the clutches of the arasai chef. I'm certain, though, that this isn't the last that we've seen of him. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled, since he's definitely one of the sneaky sort!

(Sorry about the last minute postponement. RL monster took a chunk out of someone. Unfortunately, it happens to us all from time to time. Never fear! Something will be coming your wait shortly!)
  4. Elyshka Senior Guide

Goodness me! Where has the past month gone? It's almost like one of the gnomes left a pair of kajiggers unattended and the month just flitted away when no one was looking! The good news is that we've got several things to look forward to, both over the course of this month's end and well into the next:

• Saturday, February 23rd @ 11:30 am - Grab your harvesting tools and head over to New Halas to lend a hand to everyone's favorite dwarven brewer! He's anxious to be ready for the Brewday festival that's right around the corner and he'll be needing plenty of resources to do it.
    • Monday, February 25th @ 1 pm - The Crown Ball is TOMORROW and one of the decorators has worked himself into a tizzy over the last minute details. Perhaps you can swing by the Thurgadin Exchange (in the City of Thurgadin, naturally) and help him?
    • Tuesday, February 26th @ 5 pm - Slip into your finest formal wear and leave your weapons at home. The annual Crown Ball has returned to Thurgadin's Remembrance Park. Enjoy the skill of the Jester! Gossip with the Nobles! This only happens once a year, so be sure to stop by!
    I'm certain that these aren't the only things that will be happening in Norrath, so be sure to keep your eyes open. You never know when we'll turn up next!
  5. Elyshka Senior Guide

Some friends of mine just returned from their holiday in Nektulos Forest and were showing me their photos when I saw something most curious - a feathered cap! I pressed them for more information and they said that they'd seen a decorator peddling her wares near the druid ring in exchange for some supplies. They even agreed to let me show you their photo!

[IMG]
  6. Elyshka Senior Guide

Ah, a new month begins and opportunities for all sorts of adventure presents itself! Here's just a sneak peek at some things expected in the weekend ahead:

• Friday, March 1st @ 5 or 6 pm (approximately) - The gnomish pirates have assembled their track in the Darklight Wood for this month's city festival. Be on the lookout for a tinkerer looking for folk to test the integrity of the track!
    • Saturday, March 2nd @ 8 am - A dwarven axe collector is seeking some help in Butcherblock Mountains. Folk with an eye for the artisanal are especially welcome.
    • Saturday, March 2nd @ 1 pm - The sound of Bloodskull war drums has been heard recently in the Commonlands. A mighty warrior seeks the help of young adventurers eager to cut their teeth against some fierce opposition - members of their own clan!
    • Sunday, March 3rd @ 10 am - Can't tell a souffle from a syllabub? That's okay, as long as you can describe a tasty dessert! Head to Raven's Roost in New Halas (the crafting area) for a baking contest! First prize is a lovely rolling pin, a necessity in any well-stocked kitchen!
    More rumors will be headed your way later in the week, so be sure and keep your eyes peeled for any sort of strange goings on!
  7. Elyshka Senior Guide

Jumjumie, the halfling baker, took one step off the ship onto the docks of New Halas this morning and realized that she'd forgotten the rolling pin back at home in Kelethin. She's dashed back there to collect it and has sent everyone far and wide a notice that the Baking Contest will be moved to 10:30 am today in Kelethin to allow for the additional travel time involved for everyone. Her messenger also sends her deepest apologies!
  8. Sr_guide Kellin Senior Guide

If one is in need of decorations for a home be on the lookout for a decorator on the docks of Antonica for some help. She will be on around 1:00 PM PST, 3:00 PM CST.
    Afista likes this.
  9. Crystarra Guide

Rumor has it that a particular Fae fancies herself an amazing cook and intends to impress her intended love... but her organizational skills could use some work.

Word is, she'd like to begin cooking around 3PM PST on Thursday, March 7th... I'm sure she'll be looking for some help
  10. Elyshka Senior Guide

It's time to raise your mugs in honor of Brell, because it's time once again for the Brewday Festival across Norrath! While the dwarves, the ratonga, and the goblins might argue amongst themselves about who is Brell's favorite, I can guarantee that the ones keeping the ale flowing and the laughter bubbling will be the ones garnering favor! With that in mind, we've got all sorts of festivities to keep you in high spirits... get it? Spirits? (Hush... it was funny and you know it. :p )

• Saturday, March 9th @ 2pm - Haldun's got his heart set on a weekend bender and will be starting out by holding a drinking contest in Qeynos Harbor! Grab your favorite mug and head on over to Fish's Alehouse.
    • Sunday, March 10th @ 2pm - Haldun's not done with his elbow-bending exercises just yet! He's bellied up to the bar at Seafarer's Roost in East Freeport for another drinking contest.
    I also plan on sneaking away from the stove to see what sort of mischief I can get up to as well, so keep your eyes peeled for a pesky red-headed halfling in green, poking about outside one of the entrances to Brell's bar during the festival. I'll be sure to say hello in that special level 1-9 frequency that many of you listen to when I'm about, so be listening for me!
  11. Elyshka Senior Guide

Someone must have sneaked up behind me in the Bar of Brell and took a tinkered portrait of some of us! It was lovely to see all of you this evening. I'm not sure if there were hundreds of you or whether that was the result of some fine ale! Either way, you'll be seeing me there again soon!

[IMG]
  12. Elyshka Senior Guide

Hello Crushbone!

I'm sorry that I haven't been around very much this week, but I'm afraid I've just been super busy! I got some very exciting news but it's also left me a little sad as well. You see, I've been packing up my kitchen gadgets and crates of boots (that I can't resist buying but never wear) because I'm going to be moving to a new, distant land soon. The Gods have been watching, as they are wont to do, and I've been chosen to further my training.

I'm so honored by this (and frankly, I've also been dancing about like there's a squirrel running laps in my trousers), but my heart also aches to be leaving all of you wonderful people. You've treated to me to much laughter and joy over the past several years. It has been a true privilege to serve you as your Guide. I know that I am leaving you all in good hands here, with Guides that will continue to entertain and inform you all.

Since I do not know when the Gods plan on calling me to my new home, I cannot post a schedule of events for the coming week, but I do wish to invite you all to come out and join me in the Enchanted Lands this Sunday afternoon between Noon and 2pm. I've invited a bunch of friends and I'd love to just sit and chat with you, share some laughs and a good, hearty snack or two.

I hope to see you all there!

With much affection,
    Elyshka Woggiefoot
    Proud Guide of Crushbone since August 2009
    Absyntheea likes this.
  13. Sr_guide Kellin Senior Guide

Elyshka wanted me to let you know she is having some issues with her guide account. She will try hard to be there but wanted to let you know what was going on just in case she did not show.
  14. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

I want to thank the guide who came and toured homes with us yesterday! It was fun! Hopefully, you'll come back someday. I'll show you my TARDIS. :-D
  15. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

you Kellin from Quellous in EQ Live?
  16. Sr_guide Kellin Senior Guide

Yep that be me :)
  17. Elyshka Senior Guide

Hurrah! The locksmith has come and finally let me back in! As long as the Gods don't come and snatch me up tomorrow, I'll be off and on all day to visit with you all. I'm terribly sorry about the delay.

Also, I was delighted to hear that so many of you enjoyed Guide Norika's home tour on Saturday and I'll make sure that she knows about your post, Absyntheea. (You have a TARDIS?! Do you have any idea how much trouble that might cause you? If you seen any lumpy, brown-skinned, potato-shaped dwarves heading your direction, I suggest you do the wise thing and RUN!)
  18. Absyntheea Well-Known Member

Well, I didn't put it there.. It just showed up one day. I don't quite know why, but I think I heard the 'tonga who likes to play with dead things murmuring about finding an odd hand in a containment device..Wonder if that's what the box person wants?
  19. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Wieros here, long time no see
  20. Sr_guide Kellin Senior Guide

Hugs :)