The Crushbone Guide Chronicles

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Elyshka, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Elyshka Senior Guide

Hey y'all! Poor Gnorty's in a real bad way today. All that tripping and falling has left him with lots of owwies. I've spent the day traveling from village to village, gathering presents for him instead so he would stay in bed and feel better. I'm just plum tuckered out, so I'm gonna go crawl into my bed too. I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to keep him resting another day, as eager as he is to deliver his gifties in time for Gifting day, so you'll probably hear him bumbling about tomorrow!

/em leaves a plate of Frostfell cookies for everyone
    Deveryn likes this.
  2. Elyshka Senior Guide

I'm ready to absolutely burst with excitement! Everyone's rushing about in a whirlwind of preparation to make sure that Gifting Day is a success! Look at the list some of the things I've overheard so far!

• Friday, December 21st @ 1:30 pm - Haldun's calling an emergency harvesting committee! The ale kegs are running dry!
    • Saturday, December 22nd @ 10 am - Dear Blumrupp's finally feeling better and is seeking the help of artisans far and wide to make sure his holiday concert is a success!
    • Saturday, December 22nd @ 5 pm - Gnorty's planning on setting out from Frostfell Wonderland Village to deliver presents. Of course, you all know what that means...
    • Sunday, December 23rd @ 2 pm - It's SANTA GLUG! It's SANTA GLUG! He's going to be leading a parade through the very center of New Halas, so be sure you show up early and get yourself a good seat!
    • Sunday, December 23rd @ 6 pm - The Lady Gwyneira will be joining us again for her delightful tales about the snowpeople. Do join her in the Frostfell Wonderland Village for treats and stories.
    • Monday, December 24th @ 10 am - Even the othmir are getting into the holiday spirit and will be having a grand feast, but one of their clan seems to have wandered off to Everfrost. I wonder what he's up to?
    • Monday, December 24th @ 11:30 am - Gnorty's scheduled to make a delivery in Gorowyn. Perhaps you should bring some bandages and hide the breakables?
    Do keep in mind that these are only a few things that I've heard about, and with everyone dashing to and fro, it's entirely possible that schedules may change at the last minute. Just keep your eyes and ears open - you never know WHAT or WHOM you might find!
  3. Elyshka Senior Guide

Be prepared to turn and work, fashionistas! A frosty diva will be popping by New Halas this evening with fashion tips to take you from drab to fab! Sashay your way to New Halas at 6pm this evening!
  4. Elyshka Senior Guide

Oh dearie me! Our fashion expert wandered a bit too close to a torch and melted a wee bit. She assures me that she's okay, but she's going to require a bit more time to be properly dressed for the public and begs your forgiveness. She should be along as quickly as she can.
  5. Elyshka Senior Guide

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to see you all on this first (and possibly second, depending on which end of the world you're on!) day of the brand new year! I hear that the prospect of a new start has invigorated you all and inspired you to spend some time learning new things - it's something that we should all do on a regular basis, I think.

Unfortunately, I've done less rushing about and more lying on my little bed, sleeping and feeling a bit under the weather. I do apologize that I haven't been able to give you all the rumors that have been about lately, but it's for the best since I might have also given you my cold as well. *grins* I've been assured, though, that through the careful ministrations of various shamans and clerics, this parchment reaches you free of any icky things.

Since folks have been stopping by to visit and check on me, I have heard about a couple things that'll be happening over the next few days:

• TODAY, Tuesday, January 1st @ 7 pm - A frantic gnome has been seeking brave adventurers to locate some precious research that's been misplaced. Interested folk can find him in the New Combine Foothold camp in the Withered Lands.
    • Wednesday, January 2nd @ 10 am - Oh no! How did it get broken when she was only gone a short while? A bard needs your help in restoring something precious. You'll find her lamenting over her loss in Kelethin, near Jysolin's Pub.
    • Wednesday, January 2nd @ 6 pm - That silly ogre girl will never learn. She's been told time and time again to not wander away from the hunting camp and now she's lost in the Feerrott and is in mortal danger! Her brother is desperate for your help. He will be on the docks trying to flag down anyone who can help.
    • Thursday, January 3rd @ 12 pm noon - Are you curious about what the new year has in store for you? Jaharra knows! Well, she thinks she does... She's run away to join the Wanderlust Fair in Darklight Wood since no one in Rivervale seems to be putting much stock in her predictions. Oh, and she said to mention to that darling coming from Kelethin may want to watch out for the local guards, since they're not especially nice to outsiders.
    • Friday, January 4th @ 11 am - Gracey Oar'Malley is back in action, tinkering away on the Aether Racing track in Timorous Deep. Make sure you stop by the races and see if you can lend her a hand testing out the track! She's eager to keep it running ship shape and needs your help to do it!
    • Friday, January 4th @ 5 pm - She's a fine seamstress, but Lenni's received a very special order that's left her stymied and she's not sure she'll be able to pull it off without your ideas. Clever volunteers will find her consulting with the artisans on the Isle of Mara.
    • Saturday, January 5th @ 1 pm - Gnorty realized that everyone might be sad that Frostfell will be ending soon, so he boxed up some last minute presents to gift to everyone... and promptly tripped with them. He will never learn, I'm afraid. Help the poor dear in Frostfell Wonderland Village, would you?
  6. Elyshka Senior Guide

I've the most dreadful news, I'm afraid. I've just awoken to find that our bard friend has also taken ill. She was up all night with sneezing and chills. Bless her heart! She was last seen snoring away, having taken a good dose of Bert's Best Medicine and clutching the arm of her broken harp, so I'm sure she'll be back on her feet soon!

Just to be on the safe side, though, since whatever this nasty bug is seems to be endemic, it'd be best to keep this week's schedule as a "general idea" with regards to times. I know that's terrible inconvenient, and I am super sorry. I just keep hearing laughter every time I mention events lately... it's so strange. That laughter sounds so very familiar to me... /shrug

Bristlebane does seem to have a way of rearranging things, doesn't he?

Oh, at least I HOPE it's endemic! If this got past the little circle of folks I spoke to this week it would be dreadful. :(
  7. Elyshka Senior Guide

*tacks up a small notice onto the message board*

[IMG]

*leans up on tiptoe to straighten the sign, then nods approvingly before wandering off in search of cookies*
  8. Elyshka Senior Guide

Yoohoo! Ely here with all the gossip that's fit to print (and some that isn't! They can't all be winners, you know.) Keep your eyes peeled for the good guys in green!

• Friday, January 11th @ 6 pm - Dashing prince seeks assistance to rescue a fair maiden!
    • Saturday, January 12th @ 7 pm - A young couple has run afoul of a witchdoctor and needs help with a curse!
    • Sunday, January 13th @ 1 pm - There be dragons in the Village of Shin!
    • Wednesday, January 16th @ 10 am - A ghostly creature seeks vengence in Greater Faydark!
    As always, my rumors are only a few of the things happening on Crushbone! If you see someone with a curious feathered hat bobbing about, make sure you say hello!
  9. Elyshka Senior Guide

Hello Crushbone! I hope that you're all finding joy and prosperity in this new year! I've heard a few folks mentioning that they might need a hand this week. Perhaps you can help!

• TODAY - Sunday, January 20th @ 10 am - A certain snowy diva is back to offer tips on the latest fashion trends! You'll find her in New Halas.
    • Monday, January 21st @ 12 pm - A farmer seeks help repairing a friend in Antonica.
    • Tuesday, January 22nd @ 11 am - A hen-pecked arasai inventor needs your help in Darklight Wood, near the entrance to Neriak.
    • Tuesday, January 22nd @ 5 pm - Love is in the air at Gnomeland Security but it appears to be unrequited.
    • Wednesday, January 23rd @ 5 pm - Everyone's favorite dwarf needs your help finding ale in Gorowyn.
    And, as always, my rumors are only a few of the things happening on Crushbone! If you see someone with a curious feathered hat bobbing about, make sure you say hello!
  10. Sr_guide Kellin Senior Guide

As everyone knows dwarves love their drink. Halden is in need of some aid in his brewing, he is seeking ingredients He will be in Antonica tomorrow ( 01-21-13) 1:00 PM PST on the docks
  11. Elyshka Senior Guide

It's that time again (Oi! Put down that hammer, cleric! That's NOT what I meant!) - It's RUMOR MILL TIME! I've overheard a few folks making plans for the week, so be sure to jot these down on your calendar:

• Friday, January 25th @ 6:30 pm - It seems someone's pet has gone missing in New Halas.
    • Saturday, January 26th @ 9 pm - A poor merchant took the wrong path in the Loping Plains and is now in great danger!
    • Sunday, January 27th @ Noon - A weapons expert seeks crafty folk to find some examples of Dwarven ancestral axes in the Butcherblock Mountains.
    • Tuesday, January 30th @ Noon - A Coldain warrior challenges those brave enough to delve into the depths of Kael Drakkel in the Eastern Wastes.
  12. Elyshka Senior Guide

A very grateful merchant in the Loping Plains sent me a postcard with the following picture on the front. It seems that a kind traveler by the name of Zinaire rescued him from a terrible fate. The pair were spotted chatting in a tavern with Guide Tallann who was visiting from the distant lands of Guk.

[IMG]
  13. Sr_guide Kellin Senior Guide

Today around 1:00 PM PST a love sick gnome is seeking help in Frostfang sea, the docks of New Halas to be exact. He has a brilliant idea to impress the gnome of his dreams but needs some help in gathering the material.
  14. Crystarra Guide

Thursday, 01/31/2013... around 3pm (pacific):

A busy gnomish inventor seems distracted and in need of assistance in the withered lands... seems he's on the verge of a great invention, but he's lost some important notes. Will you brave the wilds and help him?
  15. Crystarra Guide

Thursday, 02/07/2013... around 2pm (pacific):

Do you fancy yourself a collector of fine axes? Perhaps even a master?... well, if you'd like to see how you measure up to a true Axe Master... look no further than the Butcherblock Docks this Thursday where a certain dwarf will be more than happy to test your axe collecting savvy!

Oh, and feel free to tell him I said hi :)
  16. Elyshka Senior Guide

Ah, love is in the air and even I, dear friends, am not immune to its charms. The fella at the butcher's has been making cow eyes at me and has left me blushing pink more than I care to admit. Oh, but anyway, enough about me! The love bug has bitten more than a few Norrathians as of late and you'll never guess what I heard:

• TODAY - Saturday, February 9th @ 11 am - A sweet young fae is planning a picnic for his lady love but seems to have forgotten something important! Pop by Kelethin to lend a hand.
    • TODAY - Saturday, February 9th @ 4:30 pm - Ol' Haldun's got his heart set on brewing something to woo the ladies, but could use a hand with the preparations. Grab a harvest sack and head on over to the Commonlands!
    • Sunday, February 10th @ 8 am - It seems that there's been a run on bearskin rugs and there's one hunter looking to cash in on that market. Visit with Tochakra in Antonica if you're keen to earn some coin as well.
    • Monday, February 11th @ 2 pm - A troll jeweler is looking for some assistance to help her win a mate. She'll be visiting the docks in Gorowyn looking for advice from the lady Sarnaks.
    I've had my head in the clouds, so who knows what I've missed! Keep watching and you never know who you might run into!
  17. Sr_guide Kellin Senior Guide

The Days of Erollisi are upon us and one poor love sick troll is in need of some help in finding and wining her true love. She can be found on the docks on Antoncia around 1:00 PM PST. If there is any romance in you please lend her a hand.
  18. Sr_guide Kellin Senior Guide

19. Elyshka Senior Guide

Just popping in to let y'all know that our lady troll jeweler might have accidentally glued herself to her workbench by mistake and won't be in Gorowyn until tomorrow. (We're thinking we might have to actually break the bench to get her free.)

So, just to update your notes:
    • Monday, February 11th TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 12TH @ 2 pm - A troll jeweler is looking for some assistance to help her win a mate. She'll be visiting the docks in Gorowyn looking for advice from the lady Sarnaks.
  20. Elyshka Senior Guide

My word! Things have certainly been a whirlwind lately. Personally, I think that it's the feeling that Spring will be returning to Norrath soon and we can all feel the warmth slowly beginning to fill the air. Of course, that could just be the blush of love that nearly everyone seems to be experiencing as of late as well. In any event, folks seem to be spilling out of their homes both far and wide in search of adventure. Take a look and see if there's anyone you may be able to assist over the next few days:

• (TODAY) Friday, February 15th @ 11 am - A lovely young halfling seeks help with her pie baking in Antonica.
    • (TODAY) Friday, February 15th @ 5 pm - A tinkering gnome in love with his craft needs some assistance in the Commonlands.
    • Saturday, February 16th @ 10 am - A chilly entrepreneur is desperate for something warm as she waits for a shipment on the Halas docks.
    • Saturday, February 16th @ 1 pm - A sly fisherman seeks help with his outsourcing project. Meet him on the docks of Nektulos Forest. (He'll be the one in the brown coat.)
    • Sunday, February 17th @ 9:30 am - A lovesick troll needs your help with a potion. Find her skulking on the Halas docks for more info.
    • Sunday, February 17th @ 6 pm - The storytelling dragons have returned to Norrath and are looking for folks to come help them spin a tale of adventure in the Enchanted Lands.
    • Monday, February 18th @ 8 am - A poor, displaced froglok is in need of assistance in the Feerrott.
    • Tuesday, February 19th @ 1 pm - Do froglok REALLY taste like chicken? A hungry arasai chef wants to know! His unfortunate object of culinary affection is less excited by the whole thing. Come pick a side on the Butcherblock Docks!
    Please remember that all times are listed in Pacific time and start times are approximate (but we all do our very best!) Also, keep your eyes peeled because not every person needing help lets us know in advance since sometimes emergency situations arise that need your assistance RIGHT NOW! (We've all been there, right? I know that I certainly did the last time that I went to visit my cousin, Jumjumie, and she'd run out of flour and we couldn't bake anything at ALL. Oh, it was tragic! Wait - I'm rambling... forgive me.) So, basically, just keep an eye out for Guides of all shapes and sizes and our friends in need!