The Construct of Malice - Ossuary: The Altar of Malice

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Malleria, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Malleria Well-Known Member

Hey guys, can anyone shed some light on the strat for this fight? I've watched the videos posted online, and get the general idea. Looks like one "bubble" spawns on a random person in groups 1 and 3, and another bubble spawns on a random person in groups 2 and 4. The Construct needs to be placed between the bubbles and he loses his immunity for a short time.

The problem we're running in to is about 80% of the time only one bubble is spawning. It targets a player and spawns on them, then we get a red text saying "The projection is too weak to remain in this place of existence and dissipates!", and the second bubble doesn't spawn. Then we promptly all get blown up.

So my question is - what is causing that second bubble to fail to spawn? We've tried moving further away from the Construct, but hasn't made a difference.

And once we get both bubbles to spawn, how do you prevent everyone being one shot after a short time with the message "PlayerXX is hit by the impact of the powerful malicious strike!".

Any and all help would be appreciated! The vids only show so much and it clearly shows no one dying, but I can't figure out why :(
  2. duckster Active Member

One bubble spawns on the raid and another is spawned away from the raid. From memory there were 2 people required to maintain/strengthen the bubble before moving out of it(believe a curse would hit if you stayed too long).

There were some curses at low % as well that required you to be close proximity to another(pairs in raid window). If you were near the non paired person you blew up(rohen theer style).
    Heavy scripted fight that...:)
  3. Legionair Member

I recently had a group of us Running this fight with many attempts and progress but failed in the end.

So we separated the raid using just 6 - 7 players, We had 1 - 2 players in groups 1 and 2, (Me as the tank in group 1, Plus 1 extra in my group) then we had 2 - 3 players in groups 3 and 4. . So we had groups 1 and 3 stand on each other while and groups 2 and 4 stand on each other, maybe 15-20 meters away from named on opposite sides (Minus myself as the tank standing in center with named). So we kept runnin into a problem where the bubbles wouldn't spawn on BOTH sides at same time. We couldn't fully figure out why. Sometimes! WE DID get lucky and make both spawn on each side in which a few seconds later the named was able to be damaged and got him to 37% but then he stopped taking damage and Alot of players got hit with a massive AoE not long after, killing over 1/2 of us.

(I'm Assuming AOE blockers are required here, and applied before moving Out of the protection bubbles on both sides).

What we seemed to have the most trouble with was, we weren't Always able to get both Bubbles to Spawn. Can anyone maybe reference why that is? Was it a Distance issue? We were trying some things for about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs of pulls with sometimes 1 bubble and sometimes both like its supposed to be.

Also, on 1 of the pulls We got lucky enough to get both bubbles up and managed to knock the named down to 0% but we saw him not die and he fully Revived back up to 100% HP, was it the inquisitor add that kept him alive?

With there being 2 adds with the construct The inquisitor-Kigiaru, and The Ritualist-Venicius. We were hoping someone could shed some light on what these adds do specifically. Do we ignore them? Or Kill them before named? Things seemed to go worse when they died early so i wanted to clarify. Also on one of the attempts the Adds wouldn't go down in HP even with major ascension nukes after another they'd just heal infinitely.

I tried studying the youtube video of this fight the best i could which got us as far as we did. Man such a very heavily scripted fight

Hope posting this video doesn't get me in trouble!

We were running this fight for some App items and the final achievement we wanted. If possible, We'd really appreciate any info that could help us succeed here! Thanks in advance!
  4. Raenius Well-Known Member

As far as I can remember:

- form a raid with 4 grps - will work even if you got only 1 char per group.
    - stack the whole raid on a spot and pull the named and all the adds (it doesn`t matter where adds are being tanked, just don`t kill them or the named will perma-memwipe due to fail-script)
    - uncurable detrimentals will hit a player per group, two will get hit with detrimental A two others with B
    - one with det A and one with det B will stay put, the two others will have to move to the other side of the mob
    - if they are next to each other two bubbles will spawn, if the named is exactly between these two bubbles you can damage him (tank can move him if he is still not taking damage - there should be a text telling you when he can be harmed)
    - around 10s after bubbles spawned the named will start to cast an aoe, so everyone has to be within those bubbles in order not to get hit (tank has to deal with the damage)
    - after the aoe has hit, everyone has to get out of the bubble or you will get hit by another (most deadly) fail-hit, so you pretty much run out of the bubble put the whole raid behind the named and burn it to death.

If necessary: rinse and repeat - IF it occurs that you have to do this while the named is below 15% (iirc) it could be everyone is getting hit by a curse after you had to leave the bubble, just heal through it and kill the named.

Disclaimer: I killed this years ago, so might have missed something.
    Beee likes this.
  5. Zizinana Active Member

Hello everybody. Please tell me how to remove the stone skin from the Construct? Is it possible to kill him solo?
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I wish it could be, but it has one of the worst mechanical strategies in the entire game. Everyone is now far too powerful for an attempt to properly script the fight to even happen.
  7. Benj Well-Known Member

I recently killed this boss with four people using Raenius' advice. I put each person in their own raid group, and each person stood at a different compass point (i.e. one person north, one person south, east, and west). When the bubbles spawned, two people were already in a bubble. One out-of-bubble person ran into a bubble. The fourth person (me, the tank) dragged him between the two bubbles. Though we got the fail text for not doing the bubbles right, the stoneskin came off just long enough for us to one-shot him (we had been dps'ing constantly, even with the stone skin).
    Cusashorn likes this.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

How did you handle the two adds that-- if I understand correctly, needs to be split away from the named in order to form the bubbles?
  9. Benj Well-Known Member

I never saw any adds during that pull. It's entirely possible that the named bugged and dropped his stoneskin early. As I said before, we got the fail text, but killed him anyway.
  10. Zizinana Active Member

So hello everyone.A lot of time has passed, but no matter how hard I try, I can’t kill the name.Given - 4 people.4 raid groups.We stand in a square - only 1 sphere appears.We stand at two points (1+3, 2+4) and only 1 sphere appears.Please, what needs to be done to make 2 spheres appear?
  11. Bramdar Active Member

My guildmates and I killed the Construct a few months ago. It took the 4 of us several tries, and I don't fully remember what we did, unfortunately... but the positioning of the 2 groups is very important.

You'll see popup messages about who is being hit with what detrimental, and each is a different type if you're watching the raid window icons. If I remember correctly, the 2 bubbles have to be just far enough apart (I think they aren't supposed to be touching.) It took us 4 or 5 tries, and a lot of minor adjusting and moving around, but as soon as we found the exact correct spot for the bubbles, the Construct immediately died.

Sorry that I don't have more specific advice than that right now. But it still can be done.
  12. Zizinana Active Member

Thanks for the reply, we haven't got it yet. All the time only 1 sphere...
  13. Sweety D Well-Known Member

I realize this is an old thread, I just thought I would update it for those still trying to kill the Construct because I just completed this again tonight. And over the last few weeks I have been able to repeat my process. But before we get into that ... this is absolutely the dumbest fight in all of Norrath.

Essentially, what everyone is saying is correct, you need 3 groups in raid form. I had 1 person in each group (all level 125). Start with your tank in the middle of the big room and put your other two groups about 10 meters away from the tank, on either side of the tank. Almost like a straight line. You will not be able to kill The Construct unless you have him positioned EXACLTY the perfect distance between your groups. What is the perfect distance? I have no idea. We will address that in a moment. If you look at the squares on the floor (not the small rectangular shaped stones, the large brown ones) you will want to have each group about 1 large square away form each other. So in total, you are on 3 squares in a row. To be clear, the squares are not important, they just help you keep the proper distance between groups.

Next, pull the Construct with the tank and keep him in the middle of your other 2 groups. If you are a high enough level you won't need to heal and you will 1 shot kill it (when you eventually are able to kill it). The construct will be invulnerable. Move the construct (with your tank) a tiny bit. Just move him a little around the middle square until you he is not invulnerable. Just move him 1 meter here, 1 meter there. You don't need to move him much. Literally just 1 or 2 steps. Eventually you will be able to attack him. Assuming you are level 125 like me, he will die instantly without you even casting because the moment he is vulnerable my buffs killed him before I could even get a spell off.

It should be noted, that some times this fails and the construct just instant kills you. Happens to me a lot. But after 2 or 3 tries, this systems works. I'm sure this is not the ideal meta for this fight. I know there are some better strategies out there, but they never work for me.

I hate this fight, but I am farming a drop from him. Good luck!
    Cusashorn likes this.
  14. Sweety D Well-Known Member

After trashing this horrible fight, I feel obligated to say ... even though this fight is terribly designed, the Alter of Malice expansion is among the most beautiful ever designed. In my opinion. :)
  15. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Glad to see you made it work out, but how does this fair when you are chronomentored down to 115 so he's still green and capable of dropping loot?

AoM is an old enough expansion that you can one-shot everything even at level 100 itself, but your description makes it sound like you killed him at 125 when he was grey and wouldn't drop loot.
  16. Sweety D Well-Known Member

You are correct. I had a group of 125s. There was no loot and the mob was grey. Thus the reason the fight was easy. This strategy is not correct for a lower level raid. The positioning is still correct (referring to the standing on the squares and spacing), but there will be a lot more fight mechanics to consider that I did not mention.

The reason I posted this is, its really difficult to make the construct vulnerable. If you don't have him in the exact right position, he remains invulnerable forever, even for a level 125 raid.