The Coast is Clear: Filthy Shirt (and other clicky item quests)...

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Merriel, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

So, it must have been some days ago, I accepted this quest. I completed half the quest and got the updates for 10 mobs. I have cleaned out my bags a few times since then, and it seems I must have erroneously destroyed or sold this item or it has somehow mysteriously disappeared from my bags, because it is no longer in my inventory. I attempted to kill these mobs again to finish the quest tonight, but am not getting any updates, and I would assume it is because the item is no longer in my inventory.

The quest, however, remains in my journal half completed. I looked in my Restore tab, but nothing there. I checked the merchant in my guild hall which is where I always sell my items, but there is no Filthy Shirt on his buy back list either. It seems that this item should be able to be bought back from the merchant sold to, or at the very least, should appear in your Restore tab, so that if you erroneously delete or it mysteriously disappears from your inventory, you have a way to get it back. Either that, or let the quest update when killing the appropriate creatures, since technically, the item is no longer really needed once you have accepted the quest.

I'm guessing at this point, I just need to delete the quest and wait for the item to drop again, so I can retake it?
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The drop quest items have a very short expiration time. (not in game to confirm) but I think it's maybe two days once you accept the quest. You can keep the item in your bags until you are ready to accept and complete the quest to avoid this issue.

I can check tomorrow to be sure of the timer. I don't usually accept the quest until ready to do it because of the expiration being so short.

Again not in game to check, so take with a pinch of salt.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

Ok, I have A Strange Rune in my bags, and the quest was started probably around the same time as a Filthy Shirt. The quest was still showing in my journal when I logged in, and I was killing the mobs for that one, when it showed I no longer needed them. I wasn't really paying close attention though, and did not remember clicking the quest reward or getting a mission crate, but if I am not focused, I tend to forget things immediately following doing them. Well, at your mention of a timer on them, I thought hmmm, I still have this A Strange Rune in my bag, so maybe the timer ran out and that's why I didn't remember getting a reward. The timer ran out as I was running the quest, I presume.

Soo, I just started it up again and it does say you have two days to complete it. The item, however. did not vanish from my bag when the quest expired, but the quest did leave my journal.

With the Filthy Shirt quest, howevere, the quest remains...well, on my quest helper but I do not see it in my jounral, yet the Filthy Shirt is gone. Very odd, lol. Ok, so this is more bugged than I had thought, if the quest remains on my quest helper even after it has left my journal.+ :D
    Breanna likes this.