the coalition of tradesfolke faction, how to improve it?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by EQ_Jack, Nov 24, 2019.

1. EQ_Jack Active Member

trying to figure out how do I build faction with the coalition? city writs etc don't seem to contribute to this. Also I don't see this faction listed in any of my factions. is this the same as "city of freeport" faction?
  2. Loresinger Active Member

What city are you a citizen of? You need to be a citizen of Freeport to gain coalition faction, it is the city crafting faction. If you are a citizen you can do crafting writs, or the daily transmuting/tinkering/adorning quests for faction, as well as a few other misc crafting quests. You will see the faction appear (I believe under the shattered lands section) once you gain a hit of faction with them.
    Finora and Breanna like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can do crafting writs. You have to be a certain level before you can get crafting writs (I think 20, but I am not positive). Rush Writs give you better rewards, and most people can knock them out with several minutes to spare.

I sometimes get in a crafting mood and will just do crafting writs while blasting my music. It's a kinda zen thing... not as tranquil as harvesting, since you do have to counter adverse events and keep spamming buttons, but still relaxing. (YMMV)
    Rifuul and Breanna like this.
  4. EQ_Jack Active Member

I'm in Freeport: I dug around on wiki's and my understanding now is that 'The Coalition of Tradefolk" is a series of city factions.

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Category:The_Coalition_of_Tradesfolke_(Faction)

which says "The Coalition of Tradesfolke is the tradeskill faction within Freeport."

what I'm trying to do is get the book

"Reflections of the Grandmasters" which requires 40k faction with "the coalition of trandesfolke"

Looking at the "work order" quest giver it gives faction with "academy of logistics" same with Rush orders (Which is under the kunark expansion) and that is maxed at 50k. amiable.

but this is supposed to be under Shattered lands category. I'm puzzled which I need to work on.
  5. Loresinger Active Member

The Coalition of Tradesfolke is a single faction within Freeport, it is the crafting faction for that city. Every city has their own crafting faction.

Your character may physically be standing in the city of Freeport, but they are not a citizen of Freeport. You are a citizen of Gorowyn. The Academy of Logistics is the Gorowyn tradeskill faction. You can only gain tradeskill faction with the city you are actually a citizen of. So, even if you are at the Freeport rush order NPC, you will still get Gorowyn crafting faction with them. If you look at your 'city factions,' you'll see one city is higher than all the others. That's the city you are a citizen of. (It's also where your call to home spell should take you.)

But, good news for you. :) There's a tradeskill merchant in Gorowyn who will sell you the book you're looking for. They are up in the housing/tradeskill area. If you have maxed faction with them, you'll be able to buy it from them no problem.
    (The NPC is Prime Stockmajor Grelishh <Academy of Logistics Supplier>, you can ask a guard for directions... not always helpful in Gorowyn, though. They not only sell the book you're looking for, but a few other faction items and titles you will be eligible for since you are max faction with them.)
  6. EQ_Jack Active Member

Loresinger, Thank you for explaining this. I had to read it a couple times but now it makes more sense, wow! this is why I like EQ2 its deep. sometimes very confusing, but deep in richness.
    Niami DenMother, Cyrrena and Katz like this.