The Cleansing of the Bonepile - broken?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Tanek, May 24, 2017.

1. Tanek New Member

There is a public quest in The Commonlands called 'The Cleansing of the Bonepile' that takes place around the Siege Lands area. It is marked as a level 20 quest.

I have tried this solo on a level 28 character with the following result:
    • Quest does not appear in the journal
    • No quest announcements in the area
    • Enemies for the quest do spawn and the event will progress when they are killed
    • Final boss spawns and is defeated
    • No treasure chest appears
    • Repeated with the same result
    This was tried solo on a mentored level 20 character with the following result:
    • Quest appears in the journal
    • Quest announcements appear as they should
    • Enemies spawn and the quest updates/progresses as they are defeated
    • Final boss spawns and is defeated
    • Treasure chest appears
    • Quest says "Loot the treasure chest", but when clicked says, "You are not entitled to any of the items in this chest."
    My questions are:
    1. Is the event starting even when no quest was granted intended behavior for the public quest?
    2. What level range will be granted the quest? (Enemies were not grey at 28, but since no quest appeared, that would seem to be over the range.)
    3. Are mentored players supposed to be able to loot the treasure chest? If so, when will this be fixed? (Apparently it has been an issue for a long time.)
    4. I have not yet been able to try this public quest with a non-mentored level 20. Can anyone confirm it all works properly in that case?
    I would really like to be able to do as much of the content in EQ2 as I can. The mentoring system is wonderful for this since I don't need to worry about outleveling areas or quests I have not yet done. However, it becomes less useful if quests are going to be broken when mentored and will only work for a narrow level range.
    Thank you.
    FracasKrusher likes this.