The character which we post as, on the forums

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Trinral, Apr 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Most of you should see a little bit about me to the very left of this post. It should say
    Avirodar
    Server: Oasis
    Guild: Tyranny
    Followed by rank, icon, join date, post count etc etc.

In the past, I came across a section in options which allowed me to choose which of my characters I posted as. I was also able to choose whether or not my guild name/rank was displayed. I can no longer find these options.

In relevant terms, I have not been in Tyranny for months, so the information displayed is not accurate, and I want to correct it. I am not able to find an option to change it.

If you know of where to actually change it, please let me know. I may be missing something obvious. But from what I am seeing, it looks like when SOE done the "security upgrades" after the hacking incident, the ability to adjust this information was lost?
  2. ARCHIVED-Synj Guest

That function is currently not working and they haven't got a clue if or when it will be fixed. I added a signature to show my current information.
  3. ARCHIVED-ToxicLullaby Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

The forums simply do not talk to the database anymore. My guild rank shown in my profile hasn't been updated for 6 months.
    The sad thing is, it would be even more trivial for them to fix this by using the REST API than it was in the past where they had to pull that data from wherever they pulled it. But seeing how the rest of the forum platform is broken, that's just one more thing to toss on the pile of "doesn't work, don't care".
  5. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Lantis@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    We're still in the same boat, half a year later.

I hope this is at least on the table, to be fixed in the future...