The Cabin on the Shore - NoTD Project

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by ARCHIVED-Goldinrae, Oct 26, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Goldinrae Guest

My Nights of the Dead project for 2012.
    I've pubished it on the leaderboards as The Cabin on the Shore for quick access if you'd like to visit. It's Goldinrae's Storm Tower Isle Portal in Qeynos on the Oasis Server.

The entrance is set up to greet people, allow access to calm the storm if needed and there's a little welcome message.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

I put the spiders in to give people a hint that there are some hidden rooms. I originally thought they were fairly obvious but when hubby did his first walkthrough he didn't even glance at the fireplace in the cellar library and missed some of my favourite stuff.
    At the bottom of the ramp is the cabin itself and a misty cemetary behind it
    [IMG]

In the cemetary, the main point of interest is the mausoleum. The portal inside takes you to last year's NoTD project The Murky Catacombs.
    [IMG]

Inside the cabin
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

There's a cellar door at the back of the cabin
    [IMG]

In the cellar
    [IMG]

If you look carefully, you'll see a concealed entrance under the rug decending into a secret library.
    [IMG]

Here's that fireplace I was talking about. If you squeeze through there's a hidden laboratory.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

There's also an underwater passageway here.

[IMG]

It leads to a couple of places. The first one is an old collapsed tunnel just perfect for the resident spiders.
    [IMG]

The tunnel also leads to a room where an evil ritual has been taking place to open a portal to another dimension......
    [IMG]
    If you try the portal, you'll find that it's only partially open - the plan is that it will take you to my next NoTD project.

Thanks for looking and have a great time during Nights of the Dead!
  2. ARCHIVED-Aderissah Guest

What an awesome underwater passageway! And that is a really cool and unique take on a fireplace, I would have never thought to do that! I will definitely be stopping by today.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tyrus Dracofire Guest

i like your theme. it got some classic setting of abandoned house.
    love that dead rats with poison bottle in that corner.
  4. ARCHIVED-Afista Guest

I love how you've connected last year's project to this and allready set up to make an addition for next year as well. The hidden passageways came out great!
  5. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

This is really neat! Must go see....darned server, hurry back up!
  6. ARCHIVED-Goldinrae Guest

Thanks for your comments - much appreciated :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Kurisutaru Guest

Again.. yet another great job! */tips her helmet at Goldinrae* I loved it... lots! And loved how you connected last years project to this one. Honestly can't wait to see the next..
  8. ARCHIVED-ajadams Guest

spooky :) I like the underwater passageway!