The best zone I have never been to... The Estate of Unrest.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Blade Parker, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Blade Parker Active Member

First time in this zone last night. Unfortunately, I got locked out from playing the piano and logging off before completion. I want to buy this house from the Marketplace! (all sounds included of course).
    Brax likes this.
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

You can get that house (or part of it anyway) from the marketplace (prestige housing). The Uncanny Estate Deed of Ownership will set you back 1,350 DBC. I don't know if the sounds are included though.
    Blade Parker likes this.
  3. Blade Parker Active Member

I just checked it out; it's all fixed up and there are no ghosts. Thanks for the info! I was really excited to own this place of unrest until I did a tour. It's too bad they didn't have an option for the haunted estate, I will probably get fright manor for now. Still an excellent and creepy zone to play through.
    HaphazardAllure and Rhodris like this.
  4. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Hands down, this is the best zone they ever created. Playing it at level with no foreknowledge of any of the puzzles was the most fun I have ever had in this game.
    Wurm, Mizgamer62, Dude and 6 others like this.
  5. Strings Well-Known Member

I love it too, I wish there was a way to solo it. (stupid levers)
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

That zone and Nek Castle are my two favorite areas.
  7. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Not sure what "all fixed up means"? But. I'm nearly sure when I bought mine it did have ghostly footsteps.
    Blade Parker likes this.
  8. Haohmaru Developer

:)
    Seefar and Rhodris like this.
  9. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Nek Castle makes me feel physically sick by the time I get through it - all those crooked walls and floors make me literally seasick.
  10. Katz Well-Known Member

I always get lost in it, it is such a maze. But I do love the story and quests there.
    Seefar likes this.
  11. Brax Active Member

The zone itself is a quest. I would love to see more zones like this in the game. Not much, but maybe one every other expansion / DLC would be fine.
    Mizgamer62 and Moonpanther like this.
  12. Lucus Well-Known Member

I enjoyed running estate of unrest many, many times. farmed it many times with two accounts to get an appearance item. You can pull both levers in time for the door unlock using two windowed clients on one machine.

I lost track of how many times i killed the hemogoblin for a chance at bloodspiller. it would have been alot.

Let's not forget running it for the boot sole for the dwarven work boots!
    Katz likes this.
  13. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Only thing, that come to my mind is.... we need more of THIS, NOW :D:eek:
    Mizgamer62, Dude, Jaden and 2 others like this.
  14. Noctew Active Member

It was a great zone back then. Actually, I kinda liked the fact that the top group armor (legendary, back when legendary was still desirable) set in EoF was not attainable by grinding but the pieces were distibuted in quite diverse ways...some in contested zones (Catacombs), some in "ordinary" instances and one as the big reward at the end of this very large zone: The Estate of Unrest.
    Jrox and Jaden like this.
  15. Blade Parker Active Member

So I went and checked it out again. It does have eerie music, footsteps and other surprises... By all fixed up, I meant that it was clean and the windows were not boarded up. I suppose I could mess it up and board a few windows easy enough.
    Katz likes this.
  16. Laleena New Member

My most favorite zones in EQ2 are those that resemble the EQ1 of the day with some obvious changes for the past 500 years. Unrest is a great example of that, KC is one of my favs. There are of course others, but they are also balanced with the new zones that had no name in EQ1 but are extensions of zone that were part of EQ1 or new altogether. For instance I like trying to figure out where Stormhold would have fit into EQ1. Things like that.
    Belenos likes this.
  17. Carni Active Member

It certainly was one of the best zones in EQ1, right up there with Kedge keep. Sadly, at least for me, the EQ2 version is pale in comparison. The same thing happened with the guk zones, great in EQ1 and not good at all in EQ2.
  18. Thand Well-Known Member

i want Kedge keep house :)
  19. Laleena New Member

Yea Cami, I do agree that the EQ2 guk hardly translated that well from the EQ1.
  20. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Unrest is almost a room by room translation from eq1 and then made bigger.