The "best" solo fighter?

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-MysticoN, Oct 31, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-MysticoN Guest

Who is best (realy dont like to use that word) to solo of the fighter classes?

Solo includes: takeing down named mobs and solo quests. in other word for a person that sped the most of his time alone.

if posibel make a list of 3.

2. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

1 Sk with reaver
    2/3 bruiser/monk
    4/5 pally/zerk
    6 guard
  3. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

I'd put Bruiser first, they are generally far more adaptable when it comes to unknown variables that might pop up in a fight. Also, while dependent on gear and abilities, they are less reliant than Shadowknights in that area. At least enough so that it warrants notice.

When you've finally made it to the end-game and are decked out in fancy gear, that may change... but getting there is most of the battle, and Bruisers win in that fight.

Monks are good to, I'd put them behind Bruisers though as they are more group oriented compared to the primarily self-reliant Bruisers.

Paladins probably have more of an edge against heroic mobs over the Berserker, but the fights last a while due to wards/healing being the primary weapon. Against solo and weak heroic mobs however, the Berserker generally wins hands down.

Guardians, well... they're really made for groups and it shows.
  4. ARCHIVED-MightyThor Guest

I wouldn't say Bruisers are any more adaptable than a SK... remember SKs get FD too. SK soloing ability is far superior IMO once you take into account their self heals and DPS.
  5. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

SK and bruiser are equal but different.
    Bruiser can FD and heal up while staying down but SK fein death runs out before you can use it again so you can't use it when standing on top of aggro mobs. Both can solo well, but bruiser can get to places SK can't get to alone.
    Sk can evac but it's on a longer cooldown than scout evacs
    Sk can win tougher fights than a bruiser because they can heal more damage
  6. ARCHIVED-Beldin_ Guest

Yeah .. i'd sign what TheSpin said ;)
    However sometimes there are also Mobs that a bruiser can beat easier then the SK, because with KO-combination you can do some nice burst damage while the Mobs is mostly unable to beat you ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Karlen Guest

I've only tried Mystic and Paladin, but of the two I think the Mystic is the better solo fighter, particularly for individual mobs. For groups of mobs, the Paladin does have some advantages.

My mystic takes mobs down much more quickly than my paladin, and generally speaking can handle mobs of higher level, although neither are particularly good for heroic mobs.

Mystics can only wear chain (vs Plate for Paladins) but get mitigation/health/stamina buffs plus much more powerful wards.

EDIT: note that I am referring to solo fighter here, in groups my mystic almost always prefers that someone else tanks as being group healer and group tank simultaneously can be a problem due to interrupts and a lack of taunts.
  8. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

Karlen@Befallen wrote:
    If you're going to throw melee priests into the mix then I would have to say that inquisitors are up there with bruisers and shadowknights on soloability, but they don't have any of the utility aside from odyssey which is amazing for writ grinding, but that's about it.
  9. ARCHIVED-Karlen Guest

>>>If you're going to throw melee priests into the mix<<<

From a solo perspective, I don't see a great deal of difference between fighters and melee priests and think it is only logical to include them.
  10. ARCHIVED-YummiOger Guest

"Who is best (realy dont like to use that word) to solo of the fighter classes?" -OP
    OP asked for Fighter classes not melee priests. Its off topic.
    I have all 3 Fighter types. i would say SK-Bruiser-Monk for solo ability. Zerk-Pally-Guard just do not offer enough utility or DPS.
  11. ARCHIVED-MysticoN Guest

TheSpin wrote:
    was hopeing to stay at the fighter class here. bq i do not like to be a healer when i get into a grp the few time i wil.

was thinking of going zerker, but now im more interested in sk or bruiser. who of those are doing most dps whit the right gear and AA.. im sorry for talking about sk and bruiser in the zerker forum. but allready got quite a good response here.
  12. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Bruiser will do more DPS then an SK with top end gear. They are generally more desirable for raiding and easier to play overall. The main problem with SK's is that they are a hybrid of tank/caster and its hard to find a good balance of gear for them since alot of stuff is either proc off JUST spell or proc off JUST melee. Bruisers can also farm named like no other because they can FD flop all around where ever they want. If you just want straight solo ability an SK with reaver owns all, if you want something a little more rounded i would go with bruiser.
  13. ARCHIVED-Silentspider Guest

1. Bruiser
    2. Shadowknight (only with reaver AA line, it adds lifetap to all or most of your spells)
    3. Berserker!

I have played all three, and in bruisers are crazy fun. They kick butt in groups as a tank or just DPS. I have a friend who is a 70 bruiser with all the crazy fablic relic 'omgzwoah' lewt and it is amazing what that guy can do. A lot of people throw mud at bruisers saying they are worthless, but they are a really awesome class.
  14. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

how can you rate berserker over monk, they get tsunami, a massive heal, and FD. They are much more effective then we can ever hope to be at soloing.
  15. ARCHIVED-knightofround Guest

1. Bruiser
    2. Shadowknight
    3. Monk
    === Big gap===
    4. Berserker
    5. Paladin
    6. Guardian

Yeah paladins will be slightly better at taking down nameds, but they will be so much slower taking down everything else it's not even funny. For solo content you're always better off burning things down rather than surviving them.
  16. ARCHIVED-Loki Firestar Guest

Skel@Butcherblock wrote:
    That is the exact list imo
  17. ARCHIVED-worshipthesnakegod Guest

I've found with a full pack of totems and a few ninja tricks (tinkered gear, bottles of ether, whathaveyou) a berserker is a beast to compete with. The sole reasons are 1 -the ability to stack massive deepus on a critter with a decent balance of stuns/stifles/interrupts, and 2 -the even more massive damage we can inflict on groups (5-6k).

I've been playing berserker since week 1, and while i have to work a lot harder at it, I've always managed to push the limits and handle white/yellow three arrow mobs, or blue heroic groups, even in the t5 days when that meant a little more.

My last obsession was Kaladim. At level 70 with good gear, you can pretty much solo any heroic encounter in the place except the rodent sk's and the avatar itself (can be duo'd with relative ease). With a 10 minute respawn timer on the queen, and 15 or so on Whipmaster, Gonga, Ursus, Abyss, Rampart (or PH's), 20 or so on tower rings / grygraxin, and the 2 hour turnover on the arena / gamblor ring, you can pretty much kill a name every 7 minutes or so. Thats a lot o loot. Hold on, this was about which fighter classes solo best - not how to get rich.

I'd agree
    Bruiser/ SK/ Monk/ Berserker/ Paladin / Guard
  18. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

The quality of gear needed by the Berserker to compete at that level is the quality of gear that someone interested in soloing is not going to get.

It's also not the quality of gear that someone interested in grouping is going to get nor is it likely the quality of gear someone interested in pick-up raids is going to get.

I think "good gear" is an understatement and perhaps, "some of the best gear ever seen" is more appropriate.
  19. ARCHIVED-TerabithianWhisperwind Guest

grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Look, I have read every post on the first 3 pages of this forum, and all I see for miles and miles are players posting about how another class does things better.
    My zerker rocks. I simply pumped everything toward offense. I do not think of myself as a tank...I think of myself as a guy that hits buttons and deals offense to foes, and when I'm done, I still have most of my life there. I use a 2-hander. So far, I specced Str 4-4-8, Int 4-4-8, and Wis, 4-4-8.
    I am completely crushing my foes. sure, I'm not soloing white ^^^ heroics or anything, but my life is never in jeapordy. My life is a haze of critical hits, and attack speed, and sheer unbridled aggression. The shadowknight and bruiser have tricks aimed at survival, this is true. However, my zerker simply doesn't need them. And adds? I love them. The more the merrier. And if I find myself in a sticky situation, I just click off my auto-attack and sprint out of there.
    it helps to have mastercrafted armor and weapons, and I have found that I can easily afford this stuff by selling my loot on the broker. Same thing with upgrading my combat skills, but in all honesty, most of them are still apprentice. *shrug*
    I just think things around here are being responded to by the same 5 or 6 players, all of which seem to be fairly negative, and all of which really aren't trying new ways of playing their zerkers. I will never, EVER, put 1 single point in the silly STA tree, and all of my defensive skills can rot. I am alllllll about bringing the pain, baby, and that's what this class does BEST.
  20. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

and this is why you cant solo white ^^^