The Bedroom Sanctuary House Decoration Challenge

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Amnerys, Jun 30, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

[IMG]
    EverQuest II
    Bedroom Sanctuaries
    A bedroom can be the most unique room in a home and represents a sanctuary to many. It is an island of calm and a retreat from the whole world after a long day of raid, quests and fierce combats in the universe!
    Read More

FAQ -
    Does my house need to be open to visitors?
    • Not during the submission process. We may contact finalists about being granted access so we can take screenshots.
    One submission per character, or per account?
    • One submission per account, please.
    Can I submit a room I decorated for someone else? Or does it have to be in my house?
    • Because we have no good way to verify who decorated a room, we're going with the house owners on this one. Please submit a room from your own house. If you did have someone decorate it for you, it would be very nice if you would credit them in your submission.
  2. ARCHIVED-DarkDragonVvvV Guest

[IMG]

• Title of the Image : Could You Turn up the Heat?
    • Your Forum Handle: DarkDragonVvvV
    • Your Character Name: Solariss
    • Server: Crushbone
    • House Location: Halas - Valor Homesteads
    • Guild or Association, etc.: Jaded Desires
    • Embedded Image and Link to larger image: None
    • Image Description: Solaris is a baby fae born in the snowy cold climate of Halas. So, after having some older siblings who have ventured into icy keep, he made his home exactly how he likes it, cold! (Items used: Combination of Halas questables/merchant items, station cash/lon items, and Icy keep raidzone items).
  3. ARCHIVED-Hilt Guest

[IMG]
    •Title of the Image : Home away from home
    •Your Forum Handle: Hilt
    •Your Character Name: Hilt
    •Server: Nagafen
    •House Location: South Freeport, 2 Freedom Road
    •Guild or Association, etc.: Champions of Chaos, leader
    •Embedded Image and Link to larger image:
    •Image Description: I have a bed for each of my alts. When I am out adventuring, any trophies attributable to them is placed near where they sleep and eventually will start to look more unique with time. So far each bed has at least a dress cabinet, a fairy lantern to read by, a handful of tinkered items, and amenities.
    Very much like the fraternal brotherhoods of yore...
  4. ARCHIVED-DarkDragonVvvV Guest

Suggestion to sticky this so it doesn't get lost in the forum :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Severai Guest

Could you please clarify - just so there's no confusion - whether this is one image submitted per account or per character?
    I presume it's the former, but the write-up doesn't specify and, with some of us decorating houses and making bedrooms, often very different, for each of our characters, it would be good to know this as decisions will have to be made ... ;)
  6. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

[IMG]
    • Title of the Image : Rustic Beginnings
    • Your Forum Handle: phantie
    • Your Character Name: Zasia
    • Server: Everfrost
    • House Location: Manors of Erollisi in New Halas
    • Guild or Association, etc.: Crusaders of Neriak
    • Embedded Image and Link to larger image: 1600x975
    • Image Description: When Zasia discovered the beautiful homes of New Halas, she quickly processed her papers and moved there. Trying to use a mix of her hard earned treasures and the well-constructed Coldain and Halasian furnishings, she meticuously spent many days custom building a dresser and bed. Now her bedroom is a sanctuary of rustic peace after a hard day of adventuring.
  7. ARCHIVED-Amnerys Guest

Jaitan@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Good question! Just one submission per account, please. :) Thanks for checking!
  8. ARCHIVED-Shaylari Guest

Not quite finished but close enough....
    [IMG]

• Title of the Image :Home
    • Your Forum Handle:Shaylari
    • Your Character Name:Shaylari
    • Server:Befallen
    • House Location: Manors of Erollisi, Frostfang Sea
    • Guild or Association, etc.:Legends of Faydark
    • Image Description: A warm, serene place to relax after a long day of adventuring, crafting or anything else that fills your day....... Home.
    • Embedded Image and Link to larger image:
      [IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-Enna Guest

Oh my, very nice! Everyone's so creative! :)
    I'm not sure how mine would fare, but it may be fun to do an entry anyhow.

... which leads to a question.

Quote: "Images must be in the form of a screenshot from in-game and should not be modified and should not be renders. You can place a frame around it but do not modify the image."

Question: Since both of the bedrooms I'm most inclined to enter (I still have to pick one!) have a divider wall, it might be helpful (for display purposes) to take two screen-shots - one of each side of the divider.
    So, would it be acceptable to paste them together, and crop to fit the specified size, or would that still qualify as "modification," if the two halves are otherwise un-edited?
    Or would it be preferable to post a picture of each side of the divider, and let the judges choose which picture will count and which one won't?

I'm just trying to figure out how best to show off my in-game "restful retreat" without bending any rules out of shape.
    Thank you for your time!
  10. ARCHIVED-Amekoi Guest

[IMG]

• Title of the Image :Colbie's Pink Sanctuary
    • Your Forum Handle:Amekoi
    • Your Character Name:Colbie
    • House Location: Manors of Mithaniel
    • Guild or Association, etc.: Shattered Moon
    • Embedded Image and Link to larger image: http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/.../eq2000001i.jpg
    • Image Description:Colbie is a lover of pink, and of cheese, and is true to a packrat nature! All the houses in his room are themed, including this peaceful and loving bedroom. The bed is appropriately sized for his small stature, and the shelving is perfect for showing all his glowy treasures gathered throughout his adventure. He also has plenty of cabinet space, extra pillows, and cheese for late-night nomming in bed!
  11. ARCHIVED-Starson80uk Guest

Just a quick question - does the bedroom have to be in a house belonging to one of our characters or can it be in a house we have decorated for someone else?
  12. ARCHIVED-Iymthrae Guest

• Title of the Image: How dare you ?
    • Your Forum Handle: Iymthrae
    • Your Character Name: Iymthrae
    • Server: Storms
    • House Location: 8 Indigo Road, Neriak
    [IMG]
    • The D'Lyl family isn't noble, or rich. The furniture reveals it clearly. Even the towel on the dresser is worn out. At the crib's footboard, an improvised picturama helps the childs fell asleep. However, the paintings on the walls are a huge contrast. Maybe a remaining of varnished luxury. The bed doesn't seem to be comfortable. If you come closer, you'll notice manacles on each side of it. Get out of here. Quick !
  13. ARCHIVED-Zhaunil Guest

• Title of the Image : Tranquility
    • Your Forum Handle: Zhaunil
    • Your Character Name: Lyrial
    • Server: Antonia Bayle
    • House Location: 3 Walk of the Dead, Neriak, City of Hate
    • Guild or Association, etc.: The Tempest
    • Embedded Image and Link to larger image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...lyrialsroom.png
    • Image Description:Walking into the room promotes a sense of relaxation. Cool light from dimly lit lanters and magically glowing tapestries make the sight easy on the eyes, contrasting with the warm wood of the furniture and healthy bonsai trees keep the deep scent of strong burning inscent, mixing plumeria flower and sandlewood fresh, leaving room for pure air and solidtude within such bed chambers.
    [IMG]
  14. ARCHIVED-hirani Guest

Title: In out of the cold
    Forum Handle: Hirani
    Character Name: Bagharmin
    Server: Antonia Bayle
    House Location: Manors of Mithaniel, New Halas
    Guild or Association: Kings of Ruin
    Image: [IMG]
    Link to a Larger Image: http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/.../EQ2_000041.jpg
    Description: A home within a home, to retire for a spell of privacy and gaze out upon the Frostfang Sea in introspection when the day has been long and weary. Music, art, and peace, all by the comfort of a heart-warming fire. A place to separate one's self from the rest of the world.
  15. ARCHIVED-Senya Guest

• Title of the Image : Luxury Accomodations
    • Your Forum Handle: Senya
    • Your Character Name: Senya
    • House Location: 4 Bayle Court, South Qeynos
    • Guild or Association, etc.: Stealth
    • Image Description: Senya is a dark elf necromancer, who has managed to manipulate her way into Qeynos, but only long enough to "acquire" a house, through any means necessary. She always wants the most expensive and out of reach things, and she's used to getting her way. She can be nice, if being nice is what gets her what she wants. In this particular screenshot we see her maid just finishing making up the bed.
    • Link to larger image: http://i1026.photobucket.com/albums.../EQ2_000006.jpg

[IMG]
  16. ARCHIVED-DarkDragonVvvV Guest

wow Senya your stuff always looks so good Lol
  17. ARCHIVED-Abal Guest

• Title of the Image : Gnomish Mancave
    • Your Forum Handle: Abal
    • Your Character Name: Abalxx
    • Server: Everfrost
    • House Location: Irontoe's East Large Inn Room, North Qeynos
    • Guild or Association, etc.: Stormsurge
    • Image Description: Abalxx enjoys the sanctity of his mechanized bedroom after a long day of hunting, tinkering and testing new devices. While photo's don't show it, most components of his mancave consist of moving parts along with the whirls and clicks you've come to expect from a true gnomish abode. Enjoy
    [IMG]

Image URL: http://s866.photobucket.com/albums/...lxxBedroom1.jpg
  18. ARCHIVED-Shaylari Guest

LOL that's excellent Abal, I can only imagine how it feels with all the moving and clacking..... I love it (although I do wonder how you sleep at night )
  19. ARCHIVED-mizznibbler Guest

• Title of the Image : wickidlilly'z domain
    • Your Forum Handle: mizznibbler
    • Your Character Name:wickidlilly
    • Server: mistmoore
    • House Location: manors of erollisi, Frostfang sea
    • Guild or Association, etc.: Wrath of legends
    • Image Description: A brief description of your bedroom with a screenshot this is my bedroom where i like to read, chant, meditate, think, play piano, pray to my diety i can also port from this room to different rooms in my home to me the dark colors red and black are very peaceful and relaxing .[IMG][IMG][/IMG]
  20. ARCHIVED-Eslina Guest

[IMG]
    • Title of the Image : A Mystic's Retreat
    • Your Forum Handle: Eslina
    • Your Character Name: Eslina
    • Server:Everfrost
    • House Location: Manors of Mithaniel, New Halas
    • Guild or Association, etc.:Alliance of Hope
    • Embedded Image and Link to larger image: Larger image is here.
    • Image Description: Eslina's bedroom is a comfortable place to meditate and rest after a long day of adventuring. As a wood elf, she makes nature a part of her house by planting vines throughout her home and using natural colors and materials in her decorations.