The avoidance buff is still missing for Berserker after the stats consolidation

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Lcneed, Mar 8, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Lcneed Guest

This is along with the Brigand's resist buff. But there is a post by a dev that it was missed by pure oversight and will be added sometime in the future. Could you do the same with Berserker's avoidance buff? All the other figher classes have it after the change except Berserker. It doesn't do much for max level zerkers but every bit of avoidance help lowbie zerkers.
  2. ARCHIVED-Spite Guest

Lcneed wrote:
    Being the only tank without a self avoidance or HP buff is definatly not goot. Add in that with one adornment and 10 AA Crusaders and guardians can have 80% AoE attacks, our useless raid buffs and the general fighter itemization, you come up with a compelling case that Zerkers are the worst of the tank classes.
  3. ARCHIVED-AziBam Guest

Lcneed wrote:
    I have to ask what you are referring to specifically. I have a locked 39 zerk. The only avoidance buff I'm aware of is the one shared by all fighters. For zerks, it's Reckless Aide. I still have that and use it. Not sure what other avoidance buff you mean but I could easily be missing something.
    We do have spell mitigation (elemental?) added to aggressive defense as well. I don't recall that being there before. Not having an HP or STA buff does kind of suck. I suppose the argument is we have the STR buff instead.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lesa13 Guest

reckless aid isn't a buff all fighters get. every fighter gets a similar buff. for zerk, reckless aid at top tier master1 gives the recipient 54% chance to use the zerks avoidance. all of the fighter avoidance buffs give 54%, but the zerk version gives agi. agi is now a completely useless stat for tanks. the other fighters get parry, defense, and stff like that. useful stuff.

ps yes the ele resist was always there. before resist consolidation is was cold resist. now it's ele.
  5. ARCHIVED-AziBam Guest

Tenka@Nagafen wrote:
    I didn't say that "reckless aide" was the name of the buff shared by all fighters. But all fighters have a similar buff. I was just asking for clarification on what the OP really meant since I couldn't decide. It actually looks like they might have changed it anyway. I see "base avoidance" added to it and no AGI. Although, when I compared it (at level 39 on both toons) it added less than the parry did from the SK version (devious evasion.) Not sure how that would compare at 90.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lcneed Guest

Since DoV came out, AGI has no effect on avoidance anymore. To compensate that, they went and add avoidance to many classes self buff including all fighters and all scouts except berserker. The reason that berserker did not get it is because there is no self buff with +AGI for berserker. The self avoidance buff didn't just replace the avoidance lost with the +agi in the original buff, it also added a little avoidance to compensate the lost of agi from equipments.
    With other fighter classes, there is a drop in avoidance, but not huge. With berserker, it is a huge drop in avoidance. Most berserkers have less avoidance now than any other classes.
  7. ARCHIVED-aias Guest

Probably intended. See a trend?