The Anchorage NPCs leveling

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mermut, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Don't you think her head is at an odd angle?
    ConcealFate, Feara and Breanna like this.
  2. Quillyne Active Member

I'm not surprised at her head's angle...I'm more surprised it isn't spinning with her eyes bugging out. Jurie is a nut.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

The halfling is worse :p
    Cyrrena, Quillyne and Breanna like this.
  4. Ashla Member

I am confused.Yesterday before the patch (Skyfire server) our researcher's were rank 2.with 3 recipes completed,with 3days until the 4th recipe is done.My main char has already gotten the achievement Researcher's Helper rank 3.
    After the patch yesterday our researchers are at rank 1.How can we be going backwards?
    I know the patch notes said if researchers were at rank 2 they would be fixed to reflect the right rank...so why rank 1 and not rank 3?
    Am I missing the big picture and not understanding the whole concept. /sigh
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

They shouldn't have been on rank 2 yet, it was too early. To get to rank 2 they have to have researched more recipes

edit: your achievement rank is not related to the researchers rank per se, it is only a measure of how many times you have helped
    Cyrrena and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. Ashla Member

Thank you Bludd for responding to my confussion :) I think I get it now.
    Bludd likes this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I believe they have to have researched 7 recipes to have attained Rank II so they were jumping ahead. Probably hoping nobody was watching and they could become grandmaster researchers long before their time.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

With a twinkle in my eye and an evil gnome on my shoulder, "It's working as intended..." :)
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

what "bonus" does using the little dragon familiar give?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Summon Familiar: Mischievous Beasty
    Applies Summon Familiar: Mischievous Beasty when Activated.
    • Increases AGI, INT, STR and WIS of caster by 81.8
    • Increases Potency of caster by 128.5%
    • Increases Fishing of caster by 25.0
    • Increases Gathering of caster by 25.0
    • Increases Trapping of caster by 25.0
    • Increases Mining of caster by 25.0
    • Increases Foresting of caster by 25.0
    • Increases experimental success chance by 2.5%
    • Increases rare harvest chance by 5.0%
    • Increases Crit Bonus Overcap of caster by 59.3
    • Grants a bonus to public research mission contributions!
    • Summons a pet Mischievous Beasty

That "bonus to public research mission contributions" means that if you have the Mischievous Beasty summoned when you turn in your mission, it gives the researcher a bigger boost and further reduces the time he or she must spend researching the current recipe.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and ConcealFate like this.
  11. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

That "bonus to public research mission contributions" means that if you have the Mischievous Beasty summoned when you turn in your mission, it gives the researcher a bigger boost and further reduces the time he or she must spend researching the current recipe.

ahh ok thanks...thats what i was after. so just the research time.....no reward benefit
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Well that is a reward benefit to you because you do not have to wait as long for the next unlock!!
    ConcealFate and Breanna like this.