The Algae Fiend Spectral Market

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kojacke, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Kojacke Active Member

Is it intended that this mob be capable of casting 3 curses at 89%?
    From what I remember it was supposed to cast curses at 25% increments and only 1 curse then.
    We power drain and crawl dps (just auto attack) to thresholds and it gives curse to 3 players (4 at most).
    Many seemingly pointless wipes before it didn't bug out and kill us with multiple curses.

Bugged??
  2. Gninja Developer

It can cast more than one curse, but only as a fail condition.
  3. Fairin Active Member

fail conditions are (and it tells you if you read)
    1. not mana draining it
    2. dropping below 20% personal mana
  4. Feaky Member

It has been buggy lately. Wiped a few times in a row and we are draining power from mob keeping it at 0 and no one in group below 90% power at any time. Got 2 curses 10-15 secs into fight and other times a few curses within 10-15 secs later in the fight. With a single healer, anytime you get a curse within 60 secs, it is a wipe.

Essentially, a bugged fight. Success largely depends on luck.
  5. Kojacke Active Member

Yeah, it was literally the same situation. Also, I can read. I know what the fail conditions are and they were not met.
  6. Kari Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the only way that my group can do it is to stop dps as soon as I cure the mob and just sit there for a minute until my cure has refreshed. Because even if he is kept completely mana drained and the group is full power, he will curse repeatedly if we continue to dps. It makes the fight quite tedious because we have to stop multiple times and just sit there for the overwhelming majority of the fight.