The Abominable Shimmeroot

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wipiid, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Wipiid New Member

i Molo'd this guy last night took me 20 minutes to kill him.

Was playing my lvl 93 warden with the new pally merc.
    my typical DPS is about 24-32k
    but for some reason on this guy it was about 1k at the best. i was able to get him to ~55% fairly quick ~1min but it took 19 more minutes to kill the guy.
    i cured every thing, and didnt see any detrimentals etc...

what does this guy do that kills DPS?
  2. Erszebeth Active Member

if you check his buff package you'll notice ~his bark gets stronger the more trees he has around him~ or something like that; basically, when the DPS slows down on him, pull him back 15 meters or so, and finish him off, all the little trees that keep popping up are doing some serious damage reduction.
  3. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

If you see his buffs during combat there is one he gets from the saplings he places. I dont know the exact language but I did notice it while killing him. He gains a dmg reduction buff if he's near his saplings. You need to move him away to DPS him as usual.
  4. Luhai Active Member

He spawns little trees he gets a stoneskin from. One of his buffs indicates it. Move him away from the trees - be ready to kill them if they become aggro - and keep nuking the named tree.
  5. Wipiid New Member

AH HA!
    well, that makes since, we were swarmed by his little horde. i should have thought of moving him.

Thanks!

BTW, i did get a bad *** cloak drop from him!