That's a Wrap

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Aven Elonis, May 1, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    If I see false statements I will counter those no matter what forums they are in. All false statements do is lead to more false assumptions and statements that completely distort reality in how things really are. You state that Guards could be removed from the game and progression wouldn't stop. Well I am telling you that SKs could be removed from the game and progression would not stop at all. Bruisers, Zerkers, Monks, and Paladins same thing. So making a statement like that does nothing in reality because the true is same of all fighter classes due to the limited role that they perform on raids and the fact any fighter can do it.
    No I am not a Guard but I play with a Guard every time I raid. I see his limitations daily and just because I am not the one behind the wheel doesn't mean I can't see and recognize what the issues are...and being on the outside gives a completely different perspective than somebody on the inside like most of these people that have no clue how other fighters play. The fact is I have put up more ideas and better ideas than most of the posters on these forums to help out their class while they will QQ in their beer instead.
    Helping to distinguish how to help Guards does not fall under your "mutual respect" line there. The best thing that can be done to start is getting rid of all the bogus crap that people inflate all over the place and really get down to the bottom line on what can be added to make the class more enjoyable. That is really what this is all about...its not about Guards not being able to do their job or that other tanks seem better...its about frustration at not having as much fun as other people playing this game. Making a sweeping statement that they could remove X class from the game and the game would keep rolling does nothing to help that out...because in reality they could remove any X class and the game would keep rolling just like it is.
  2. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Bruener wrote:
    I've made no statement to that end. I said any raid not choosing zerk,sk,monk as the three raid rank fighters is making a conscious choice for a weaker class. I've said the class is 'done' cause it is inferior in every element of game play to other plate classes. I'm happy to have that discussion with you in the general fighter boards.
    I assure you, I'll be here in the guard forums correcting false assertions and misplaced statements. We're perfectly capable of policing ourselves without your assistance.
  3. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    Yeah that seems to be working out real well for ya.
  4. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Bruener wrote:
    And your commentary does anything more than create noise and inflame the people actually playing the class?
  5. ARCHIVED-Wasuna Guest

Bruener wrote:
    I don't drive a Chevy but I see them on the road every day. Therefore I must know everything there is to know about them.
  6. ARCHIVED-Landiin Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    That is all he is after, He has proven over and over that he knows nothing about balance. remember on the beta forums where he stated survivability should be balanced vs aggro? Remember how he argued that the the extra crit bonus warriors where getting was going to make the SO OP and put the crusader class back in the stone age? remember when I was posting TPS parses and ask him to post his for SK's and he couldn't/wouldn't? Bottom line he just spews things he has read on the forums to incite trouble. I would wager a good bit of his post are in guardian issue threads. Does he even contribute to his own class?
  7. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Toranx@Crushbone wrote:
    I see your memory is as skewed as usual and no suprise that once again you bring absolutely nothing to a thread trying to help your own class. Fail much lately?
  8. ARCHIVED-metalhed Guest

I've read tons of words on how to fix the class,no response.
    The problem is the person making the decisions is making the wrong ones. Class balance is not important enough to them is what I see.
    Someone should make a petition to Sony, that lets them know that the people playing this game wants Class balance to be important, and not just every expansion looking into a few classes, because thats the current trend. Other classes need help too, but some classes need it right now, not next expansion or the following. This class is probably scheduled for an operation in the future. This class needs to be put in the ambulance and taking to the OR quickly, we are losing them fast, the numbers don't lie.
  9. ARCHIVED-Britty Guest

The truth of the matter is that all tanks have abilities that match or exceed the abilities of the Guardian.
    The same cannot be said of the reverse.
    The perceived advantage Guardians are meant to have in single target agro is a myth, completely and utterly, since AoE agro tanks can use their AoE abilities just as effectively and certainly more so than the Guardian.
    The Guardian has over time been made into a completely redundant class due to the consistant incremental revisions and improvements of abilities of all the other tank classes and the complete neglect of one over years and expansions .
  10. ARCHIVED-Landiin Guest

Bruener wrote:
    My memory is spot on, and the post I made brings as much to the thread as your misdirecting in every thread you post does.
  11. ARCHIVED-Emlar_from_Halas Guest

Bruener wrote:
    Except I have to backup Toranx fairly good memory. I'm still waiting for your TPS parses, though I don't give it a monkey.
    You have NO understanding of EQ2 mechanics
    You also kept posting of beta forums how much this extra 20% crit bonus we got, would give us 20% more dps than SKs.
    And despite all our carefull "maths for dummy" explanations on how crit bonus works, you kept misunderstanding this basic concept.
    Keep your posts on SK board where, if you pay attention, we prefer not to post.
    I'm at the point where I prefer Devs to leave guardians in the bad shape where they are, just to avoid reading your name.
  12. ARCHIVED-Aven Elonis Guest

Well they sent me ( and assume a few hundred thousand others) a 7 day - free, try it again offer. Hmm, maybe I will for laughs and giggles.

Avenn Elonis
  13. ARCHIVED-Aven Elonis Guest

Well, nope, Guardians still not worth playing again, but I shouldn't have been surprised. Best of luck all.
  14. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

Lockin this post down as it began two years ago. there has been a lot of changes since then with the game and I do not wish this post to cause confusion to others.
    Before you post, please take a few moments to see when the post began and when the last message was made. Thank you!