That's a Wrap

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Aven Elonis, May 1, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Landiin Guest

Shorcon wrote:
    Hmm I don't see where I said I had any button... Maybe I am reading my own post wrong or something?
  2. ARCHIVED-Raahl Guest

Toranx@Crushbone wrote:
    Wardman did, but they were voting to give guardians that ability.
  3. ARCHIVED-Shorcon Guest

Toranx@Crushbone wrote:
    Sorry. Miss quoted. Was meant for Wardman.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

actually, according to my parsing/watching threat... HG doesn't give me a position every hit. it gives me a 1 position increase on the onset, adn then adds something like 2-3k threat ever hit after for 10 seconds.
  5. ARCHIVED-liken Guest

It seems to me that no one wants to insult the Guardian class. " must be because they have put in the most hours MTing for raids" So lets give plate tank classes a number, like tank 1 2 3 and 4. Just do the math and you will know what tank is the best.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

Shorcon wrote:
    cry of the warrior seems kinda broke to me. i wasted my money on a red adorn for it, w/o really testing in raids. it says it will force the target to target you for 8 sec, which to me means i can go from dead to tanking with the press of a button. that's not what's happening tho. yeah i'm dbl checking to see if it lands, and it is. typically if i'm near the bottom of aggro on a raid mob, i hit cry of the warrior, rescue, and insolence (yes i'm a zerk) before i get aggro. in some cases i have to throw in another snap, ie sneering assult, to get aggro. anyone else getting this ?
  7. ARCHIVED-Landiin Guest

Yea CoW is all but useless. If it don't get resisted the mob is immune to the control effect in raids. In groups meh, nothing is single mob any more so pretty much useless again if not resisted.
  8. ARCHIVED-Grumpy_Warrior_01 Guest

Tenka@Nagafen wrote:
    I think this is Working As Intendedâ„¢. Forcing an enemy to target you, and being on top of the hate list, are two different things. If the mob has some crazy frontals and it's running loose in the raid, this will at least turn it back toward you so it doesn't mow everybody down. Cry (when it lands) also lets you drag a mob over to a safe spot before you have resumed aggro. Yes depending on how far down you are on the hate list, it may take a few seconds to get back up, but it's easier to do that when you are face-to-face with the mob.
  9. ARCHIVED-Shorcon Guest

Grumpy_Warrior_01 wrote:
    Cry is intended as an insult to the guardians who know how to play. It doesn't work on epic mobs for the 8 sec switch. It is a positional and nothing more. Another addition to the " guardians are fine. if they loose agro they can just use snaps to get it back. " quotes of the forums. Guardians are broken in a big way. They are bardly useful at this point. Hope it dont get worse.
  10. ARCHIVED-steelbadger Guest

Shorcon wrote:
    Now now, that's a bit extreme.
    Guardians are fine. We work. I consider us to be where tanks should be. We have a fairly high flexibility, we can change from a decent aggro generator to a very good brick wall. Yes, ok, our aggro generation is never as much as a Crusader but that's really fairly unimportant to our ability to tank. The only classes capable of pulling aggro off me when I'm in aggro generation mode are other fighters, True DPS classes are generally well down the aggro list. I know that some people think our aggro generation while in defensive is a problem I don't. I do think that DPS classes should have to watch their aggro generation when the tank has made the survivability tradeoff.
    There's a few changes I'd like to see to Guards; make our temp mit buffs capable of buffing us over cap for example, but really I think we're fine and any gulf between us and other classes is the fault of those other classes.
  11. ARCHIVED-EasternKing Guest

+1 on the Guards are not broken list.
    I do not agree with any of the whining in this thread.
    I do not see any of the issues raised in this thread.
    I can tank DPS mode and out parse well geared and well played Crusaders single targets nps. i dont lose aggro period, apart from to Conjy Pet that is in Plane shift and just spell DB attacked EB for 400+k damage, and any tank loses to that.
    I can and do get outparsed by Zerks and Crusaders on aoe fights, but hey, i aint supposed to be beating them on aoe fights, so that seems also to be working as intended.
    Heroic zones? i can run them with a mix of t1 dps class's and no hate buffers and have a riot in the zone doing it, snaps arent there to never be used, except in raids when another fighter might aggro your mob, Snaps only work when you lose aggro that is the whole premise of the idea of snap aggro, something 99.9% of tanks would do well to learn and understand.
    So what if the warlock peels when you pulled 16 unlinked mobs at once? throw up sphere, throw up Sentry watch, hit plant and ask him to scoot back oor quick, intercept and interceed the Warlock and let him/her carrying on going nuts, so long as they dont die and the mobs do, you won, and Guards can do stuff no other fighters can do to ensure that happens.
    Basically if they do anything else to make Guards better, they may as well scrap the other fighter class's from eq2.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

steelbadger wrote:
    I pretty much agree. I'm fine with guard threat/dps. As long as I hold aggro, that's all the dps I'm worried about. Any more threat than what is required to hold aggro is fluff. Extra dps is nice, but meh. I have an lolranger for when I want to dps. My main beef is with survivability. Guards don't have enough of an edge in survivability considering how they are pretty much last place in everything else. I wouldn't mind dps having to watch their aggro (and would prefer it actually), if it meant they get to have the hardest to kill tank. If another tank wants to get all offensive and parse 70k dps on aoe fights, he should be a strain on the healers, not be easier to keep up than a guard.
    Shorcon you are being annoying. If you have some idea to fix what you think is broken then fine. But just posting in every thread guards suck omg! is lame... it's not going to get dev attention, and you might as well reroll if you hate it that much.
  13. ARCHIVED-YummiOger Guest

Well thats a Wrap for myself as a Guardian. The class is not suited to my gameplay. I play a mix of Solo/Farming/BG/Boxing/Heroic Grouping.
    Im Not Raid geared. Im not Raiding this xpac. Currently useing full set of BG fabled armor with a healthy mix of Fable/Ledge jewlery from BG/Instances. All my Stats r pretty much capped.
    Iv betrayed back to Zerker and i enjoy the added utility/survivability much more. Actually a gain in many aspects of my gameplay.
    GL with the good fight dear Guardians. personally i got tired of pleas falling on seemingly deaf ears.
  14. ARCHIVED-arksun Guest

Basically on the same agenda, I had always leveled up a zerker for actual gameplay. Guardian is the most worthless fighter class to actually play this game with outside raiding and now that gap has been closed up (crusader fix is inc, but I am not gonna wait around for that). Considering the new mechanics dev has not said a word since beta, I will take that as its time.
    My zerker blows my Guardian out of the water in all aspects, and I have not raided on my zerker since RoK, but just from the abilities I have for solo / group / duoing I know it would be fun in a raid enviroment.
    BUT HEY WE HAVE SURVIVABILITY!!!! /sarcasm off.
  15. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Digg@Permafrost wrote:
    You know they could give guardians the same ability zerkers got from thier mythical. The damage to hate conversion buff. While this would improve the guardians single and aoe hate i doubt it would make the guardian more "fun" to play. The fact is everyone likes doing DPS. The problem is not everyone should be doing massive DPS.
  16. ARCHIVED-arksun Guest

Gungo wrote:
    Mos def everyone shouldn't but a Guardian is not fun outside of raiding and now that slight edge we had is gone. /meh o well, at least I have my zerker to play and it is 100X better than a Guardian.
    p.s. I am tired of unaswered questions to dev's on this subject matter. They are not going to fix anything, its just not gonna happen... either you play the Fotm or suck it up, congrats they broke me and I will just play whats fun now.
  17. ARCHIVED-Shorcon Guest

EasternKing wrote:
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL. My gues is your alt is a conj? Sphere? Intercept? Plant? Ot might cast sphere. If he dies to it no biggy. Watch is junk and hardly ever does what its supposed to. Plant is a non factor on epics. Plant only holds up to 8 mobs. The other 8 mobs just killed your warlock.
    You jump in the middle of a guardians conversation of why he is leaving and you try to noob him up.
    You sir might just be a noob.
    Edited for spelling.
  18. ARCHIVED-EasternKing Guest

Shorcon wrote:
    My Main is a Guard and has been from T5 till eof then i switched to Brig for a while, then to SK for 6months and then back to a Guard.
    I can hold aggro of a Warlock the regularly parses 45-55k dps single target and upto 110k on aoe fights, you can keep calling me a noob all you like, fact is i dont not agree with you AT all. clearly as i do not have the issues you seem to have you might in fact be the noob.
    you cry about everything ...you are a a disgrace to Guardians.
  19. ARCHIVED-Shorcon Guest

EasternKing wrote:
    Rage.... I sence rage.
    My complaints are indeed fact. You must not be very impressive in game as I see your comments on here geared to impressing the forum community. Not impressed.
    Dont forget... when you get to raid........ your guardian is just fine.
    They give us so many snaps because unlike any of the hybrid/puretank classes they know we will loose agro alot.
    If the people cant dps on the pull your guardian is gimped. If they cant push thier limits with dps your guardian is gimped. Other tanks dont have this worry at all.
  20. ARCHIVED-EasternKing Guest

Shorcon wrote:
    Pretty sure you are full of it, to date i have killed every raid mob in its current tier (minus DMP), with some of the very best players worldwide. and some of the Top guilds WW.
    We get so many snaps ? because we are and have been the MT of choice in EQ2 since launch. QQ more.
    I dont need to impress anyone, people who play at the top know who i am, that is enough for me, some random forum troll that likes to cry wolf? just wow you would even think i am trying to impress you.
    I am refuting your assine statements, i dont experiance your tears, i can hold aggro on 450k of raid dps as a Guard just fine thanks.