That's a Wrap

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Aven Elonis, May 1, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Aven Elonis Guest

Well that's it for me, cancelled the account. Was MT, and was reduced to being a DPS type on raids. Good lord what's the point of a guardian on a raid, if not tanking something. Sigh. SOE really needs to get this stuff figured out.
  2. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

the tank revamp screwed up the whole time table but i still had my doubts even after it would have possibly went in because things weren't balanced even going into it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

IDK what class replaced you but they will probably miss your stoneskins, mit, group saves, and your personal saves once they start pulling things that hit hard. What class replaced you and are they better geared than you? Do you have AAs and masters and good dps & survivability?
    Why quit though? Just find another guild IMO. Or be OT/pretend dps and gear up in the meantime while looking for another guild.
  4. ARCHIVED-thial Guest

not sure if hes gona come back to check these boards but if he does I have a few questions as someone asked what class replaced you and why? If its do to agro control on raids I could see where u are hurting by looking at your current AA but I'm not sure what is in your mirror.
  5. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Most likely switched to SK. Not sure what other they would choose and make fly.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Guardians sure give up quickly.
  7. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Bruisers sure QQ a lot.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

I wonder why. /sarcasm
  9. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Not sure. You'd think they'd be happy with all the plat farming shinies around Norrath. /sarcasm = 0;
  10. ARCHIVED-Undorett Guest

Is that Leathe incognito?
  11. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Undorett Guest

bleh, this post is tainted then...
  13. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

14. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

for the most part the aggro issues are to blame, too many scrub SKs who use death march and sacrament and pull aggro off the tank constantly. only time i pulled aggro as a zerk is if i was doing significantly more DPS or some dummy had aggro dumped on me.
    i can understand having to work to do a job and that is why i sympathize with people who retire due to a class becoming overpowered(or at least left overpowered for 5+ months). tanking is work, not like comparing a wizard to an assassin. other tanks making more work for you, of course will over time wear you out. aggro bouncing around is a detriment to the raid and does make the main tank look bad as well.
  15. ARCHIVED-Aven Elonis Guest

Bingo LygerT.
    Sorry hadn't brother to look at this thread until now. Hopefully for those Guardians staying, SoE will get it figured out. Best of luck to you all.
  16. ARCHIVED-Landiin Guest

And I don't care what any one says.. Their DPS with shield and sword shouldn't be what a warriors DPS is DWing or more. I could understand if they used a 2 hander and achieved that DPS but the way it is now it just OPing along with their hate control.
  17. ARCHIVED-Uggliey Guest

I don't think many crusaders disagree with you about the sword+shield vs 2 hander issue. The problem is that 2 handers are just not a viable option, and haven't been since before RoK. They are not itemized correctly, the damage on them is not done correctly, and there are no AA lines to augment 2 handers. Part of this might be because the epic weapons are 1 handed, so the devs added AA's around that. They should of made the epics clickable to toggle from 1 handed to 2 handed, and made a few AA's that adjusted things for the 2 handed weapons. But they did not, so we are stuck.
  18. ARCHIVED-EverAfterIt Guest

I'm an 80 Guard, serving most often as OT but rotating as MT for my guild's raid force.
    My only issue, as I see it, with SK's are the ones that are epic equipped (cannot speak against the Myth versions, never had one yet). By inspection, and correct me if I'm wrong, I see that besides the taunt they throw for disease debuff, the lifetaps they use for damage I'm sure, and the epic's ability to convert lifetap into threat... it' very very difficult to hold against them. They have threat by taunt, by taps (heals) and then by conversion of heals into hate. So why are there not more SK MT's?
    For one, in my experience, they cannot take the hits. Most SK's I think lack the avoidence that a Guard can attain and utilize more effectively. SK's can have as much or more HP, they can get as much Mitigation, similiar everything, but they get shafted on decent avoidence. So, as far as I can tell, they are hate generating machines, but wrapped in a hard plastic coating. Again, I might be wrong, but I see what I see.
    Again, maybe way off base with my assessment. I can, on a bad night when we are throwing a raid force together with what we got, end up with up to 3 SK's in my force. I used to get upset with it, but I don't now. I treat them as type of mitigation... FACT - they will take aggro. FACT - they will die. When I'm waiting for Fact 1, I save my rescue's...and when Fact 1 is realized, I simply sit back and auto attack and saving power. Then when Fact 2 is achieved, I throw a rescue and proceed with business until another SK takes aggro. Rinse and Repeat.
    What's the solution? Nerf SK? Psssshaw. I ask for no nerf for any reason. Nerfing makes things worse overall. Sk's could perhaps control themselves and therefore reduce their dps potential...don't matter since they'll die and reduce it anyway. My solution is to simply sit back, stop wrestling with aggro with another tank - and having my rescues and power down for when I really need it - and enjoy the show and the break.
  19. ARCHIVED-Uggliey Guest

The epic life tap hate mod only works when the weapon procs. It puts on a self buff that grants the hate mod. You don't really have a lot of control over that, and most times you can't really save your taps for when/if it fires when you need. So while nice, it's not a huge effect for the SK hate gen.
    For HP, SK's are the lowest HP'd plate tank. Every other plate tank will have higher HP with all gear being equal. Mit/avoid SK's seem to of caught up with TSO.
  20. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

around half way through TSO progression an SK is almost equal with you in avoidance, they will still be slightly lower in health though but not much.