That sucks Grimwell

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Killroy [DK], Feb 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Killroy [DK] Guest

[p]Im sry to say it, but i thing the old tradeskill forum was way better Grimwell, ware is all the old posts, had a lot of links to Trasmuting and Thinkering lists, all gone now, sry to say but that sucks if u arsk me, was way easyer to find what u was looking for when the defrent traideskils was in groups, well maby thets only my opinion.[/p][p] Killroy....8)[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Landlubber Guest

Well... they clearly stated that the old posts would be deleted and reminded everyone multiple times to save their favorite threads. I'm sure a lot of people have done this, and that the various FAQs will be reposted eventually. But yeah, would have been nicer to keep the different sub-boards for trading instead of crowding it all onto one board...
  3. ARCHIVED-Jeger_Wulf Guest

Sub-boards FTW. Crowding all the tradeskills into one board is going to make things messy.
  4. ARCHIVED-UlteriorModem Guest

Killroy [DK wrote:
    [p]Groan... Please tell me english is not your native language.[/p][p]But on topic.[/p][p]Give it a little time Calathine will get the guides back up. Grimmy has little to do with it.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I have tons of guides archived at Soefancom. I have a copy of my original sticky on my hard drive. I'm also having a LOT of Real Life this week and I just got a part-time job, so please be patient! If you have a guide saved, post it or archive it over on Soefan.com and PM me the link (so I don't miss it). I *will* get our info back up, I swear. Hopefully later today. I'd hoped to do it last night, but frankly? I was watching Heroes and Studio 60 :p
  6. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I miss the edit function.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

We can't edit posts now? Oh that's going to suck...
  8. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

There's a bug/issues thread over on the Forum forum, Grimwell knows. I miss having them marked read, personally.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

Calthine, are you in DoD or am I seeing a display bug?
  10. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Ha. Not only am I not in DoD, I'm not on Najena, lol. /goes to poke her profile.
  11. ARCHIVED-Truls Guest

It's a bit of a forum bug apparently to do with the personna settings ... some info in the forum issues thread.
  12. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

So you see that too? Weird, it must have happened after I posted after you.
  13. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

I see truls in DoD too. I'll go check out that post.
  14. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

If that's the worst problem we have on the new forums, they did pretty good, IMO.
  15. ARCHIVED-Truls Guest

[p]Yep not in DoD either lol ... if I could edit my message I would have added this link:[/p][p] http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=346950[/p][p]Sadly I cannot edit :(. Btw, I tried setting my personna ... chose truls .. and same problem. Can someone try setting there personna to a name other than their forum name? I'd change mine but apparently there is a 1 day lockout on changing your personna lol.[/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Truls Guest

/sigh can't even correct spelling mistakes ... "there" should be "their" ... now I have to be extra careful proof reading my posts lol.
  17. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

Yeah, I hope that editing posts becomes a future feature. Sometimes, my hands and my mind are not aligned. I'd like a spell checker too. I think the good thing about these new boards are that they can upgrade them and add features.
  18. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Looks like Edit made it in.
  19. ARCHIVED-Truls Guest

Just be careful with it lol ... I went to edit our guild recruitment post and everything looked fine. Hit submit and it dumped a bunch of span tags plain text into my post. I'm guessing some of the more advanced html tags are not useable even though the WYSIWYG editor inserts them ... not positive though. I posted the problem in the forum help thread and will see if someone has a solution.
  20. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

[p]Well it is early days yet to know how this combined board is going to work. I am in two minds at the moment. On the one hand I think it may be more difficult to find the topics relating to my tradeskill interests and on the other, I feel that there is more chance of my top tradeskill (provisioning) being remembered! Of course, I haven't been counting all the new recipes that carpenters have been given compared to provisioners but I know that it is more than one! :mrgreen:[/p][p]And can we please have Thripsill's Food & Drink Guide somewhere prominent please? I have the link to his PDF file but need to know when updates are available. Perhaps someone else has the link to his post on the old forums? [/p]