"That account is in use"

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Chris Thompson, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Chris Thompson Active Member

When switching toons on the same account using the command /camp <charname> I am getting the message "That account is in use."
    No it's not, I just logged it out.

Often results in having to go through the login process again.

Please address this.
    Carynn and Breanna like this.
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

Probably just the login servers throwing a wobbly. However if you're on Thurgadin and it happens frequently you might want to check this: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...r-switching-on-thurgadin-always-fails.594859/
    Chris Thompson likes this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

This has been happening for years now. I also wish it would get addressed, it's an everyday occurrence, and some days are worse than others.
    Argosunited likes this.
  4. Wulfen Active Member

This morning it is July 6, 2020. Yesterday I experimented for a minute with the /camp <char name> and still got the "This Account is in Use" warning, after avoiding it for a few months by simply camping to character list window. Just sayin', WHO IS USING MY ACCOUNT?? Is a dev watching me play? is how my mind reacts, seeing this notice.
    I had been enjoying the shortcut for several years after getting wind of it through reading the chats. So yes, you must consume time changing chars the old fashioned way. One of the exploits it discourages is the opportunity for a Main to eliminate aggro for a Much Younger Alt so he can harvest safely, for instance. That was fun when it was successful.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I don't add character name to it. And I don't have this problem.

I just type /camp

After I get out to character select, I choose another character. I never get 'this account in use'.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I must say that I always /camp character and it always works. Except, sometimes, when I /camp character on 2 accounts at the same time on same computer, in which case one of the camps can time out and dump account back to char select.
    This is on Test, so with a single server available.
    Breanna likes this.