Thanks for listening on xp rate-- one more thing!

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by vegasacesvii, May 11, 2022.

1. vegasacesvii New Member

Now all you need to do is drop Classic to at least 8 weeks. 16 is out of control.
  2. Dhamian_Cross Member

Never happy.
    Siren likes this.
  3. Laalon2 Active Member

I'm just happy to be playing the old version again, but they're not wrong. 16 weeks of vanilla is a LOT.
  4. Dhamian_Cross Member

They already said no to shortening the weeks on Discord.
    Siren likes this.
  5. Pharone Active Member

It wouldn't be the first time that they said no about something and then later on changed their minds. You just have to constructively layout why you believe there should be a change made. If enough people like it, they might consider it eventually. You'd be surprised how much hitting that Like link on the thread creator's post matters to them.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

They should do in-game mail polls instead of listening to a few squeaky wheels, who cry no matter what they do.
    Dhamian_Cross, Breanna and Mizgamer62 like this.
  7. Kurth Member

Shortening the timespan between expansions will only lower the lifespan of the server as a whole.

Honestly it's probably a time for a remaster. They can use the same zones, audio, quests, update the character models and bring out the expansions once every 6 months, with time to think about redoing the later ones and ditching some of the stuff that killed the game overall like potency/fervor, ascensions, mercenaries, etc.
    Siren and Daltharr like this.
  8. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

you could just stop playing classic after 8 weeks
    Siren likes this.
  9. Daltharr Active Member

I srsly wonder what youre doing in the game since 16 weeks is too much?? spending cash on krono to sell for plat? doing your own harvesting/crafting? - I think 16 weeks is superstressfull. Nowere near the time id like to have to really dive in. Im all for reasonable exp settings, but im defo not on the page that say we should finish next tle as fast as possible. It makes little to no sense to me. Ofcus its a preference. But I just want to play the game without all the lvl100+ features. Its a digital world to live in more than its a race to DoV/CoE.
    Mebbi ask for a different way of throtteling the difficulty?? 16 weeks being too much?? There used to be raidmobs we couldnt kill in 16 weeks.
    In coarse terms. a week or 2 for the siglines, another few weeks to gear up and now were alrdy 1 month from midcontent. Some are having the first pull on raidmobs, and the gear we grinded will be semiobsolete ine 4 weeks, where the next round of re-gearing start. .
    And that assuming everything IRL is behaving in a way that doesnt cut into this.
    8 weeks. We wouldnt have time to run more than 2 toon through siglines- And Im looking forward to playing 5 different classes, something i cant do on live. Seriously. Reducing the time for each expack is a very poor solution if the reason is the content is a walkover.
    The right solution would be to make the endgame encounters match the momentum of that pace. I can understand 16 weeks is a long time if the only thing people do is run zones where everything is dead on first pull. But theres more to the game than that. - And,the server would be near EoL around xmas. Im barely ready for a reroll. The sole thought of doing it again again is demoralizing af.
    Siren and Turkish like this.
  10. Kindread Active Member

4 weeks would be way better for classic and DoF. Even 8 weeks is too long for that small amount of content.
  11. Kindread Active Member

I cant stand comments like these.

Stop playing
    Turn off XP gains

How about you stop boot licking and agree that 16 weeks of classic is only going to help kill the server even faster.
    adaria likes this.
  12. Daltharr Active Member

May I ask for a short summary of what 8 weeks pr expack would look like for you? Theres plenty reason for more time. Ive yet to hear the reasons for less. "not enough content" - Id love to understand the reasoning behind that
    Siren likes this.
  13. Zenji Well-Known Member

I think people on both sides of this argument are drastically over estimating the impact of expansion lengths on the server health.

Obviously extreme in either direction changes things, like being left on 1 expansion for 8 months kills a server.

But 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 12, 14, 16. The difference is small potatoes when it comes to how long a server keeps a healthy population.

Kaladim had less players at the start than SH or FG did, it had longer expansion cycles than either server, yet had noticeably better player retention by a large margin until it stagnated in DoV for 8 months.

So maybe, a 2 month or 4 month xpac cycle doesn't have nearly the impact all of you keep pretending it does.
    Jadefox2 and Ramblon like this.
  14. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Do you always insult people who disagree with you? Some undiagnosed ego syndrome? I'm not going to agree with your prediction that's already been proven wrong. Not everyone wants to rush to your favorite content.

All these threads about expansion length is pointless anyway. They aren't going to change the durations unless they have some drastic reason to, or some new info shakes out in beta... both seem pretty unlikely to me.
    Siren likes this.
  15. vegasacesvii New Member

I literally made a troll post and it became a top thread. Y'all they won't adjust the time limit because its a monetary thing. they gotta drag it on.
  16. Jadefox2 Active Member

Someone beat you to it with a request post for 4 week unlocks... and they were quite serious.
  17. Ladarion New Member

There's plenty to do unless your goal is to bumrush to 50 in 3 hours after launch and put Icy Dig on perma-farm status.

You see, most people aren't interested in taking less than 16 weeks to get to 50. Maybe they will. Maybe they won't. But just because you rush to 50 doesn't mean the game has to adjust to you and leave everyone else behind. You can still think you're cool for rushing to 50, and the rest of us will do things at our own pace.
    Siren likes this.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

Unless you are limiting yourself to 1-2 hours a week of extremely casual solo play, not sure how you can take 16 weeks to hit 50. "Most people" including the more casual players will be 50 a couple weeks after launch.
    adaria and mrtrandoshan like this.
  19. Ladarion New Member

That's unlikely. Not everyone views "max level" as their goal. Tons of people will disable xp to enjoy the content, and play the game. For most people, the fun part of an MMO is the fact that it's social. But also, when DoF released on Kaladim, a great portion of the population wasn't near the max level. Even during KoS tons of people weren't near 50 yet.

But, if it takes 5 weeks to hit level 50 for a casual player, they don't want to get to 50 and everyone they can group with is now being socially forced to 60. They'll take wahtever time they need to get to 50, and then want to sit there, at that level, for a while. Or maybe make an alt. In my opinion, I think expacs should follow the original release timeline on a TLE.
  20. Zenji Well-Known Member

Good story, thanks but no. ;)