Thank you.

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Papablaze, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Papablaze Member

I know you guys don't hear it enough and usually custom service is a pretty thankless job, but thank you for getting it all right this time. I have been having a great time with the changes in itemization and balancing. Actually dying again feels great, it almost feels like it did on release. It's a shame there's no pvp server but I'm happy just to be playing EQ2 nearly as close as you can to the way it was years ago.

Thanks again for the work you guys do putting this together.
    Xephane, elflover, Spindle and 3 others like this.
  2. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Hah, I actually did manage to die on the island last night, didn't think much of it at the time. I think that's my first pre-10 death on a toon in over a decade.
    elflover likes this.
  3. Nagash Member

Went to The Cave and was startled at how hard it was with a full group. I was actually being careful and still ended up dying twice.
    elflover and Spindle like this.
  4. Momo Well-Known Member

Died on a treasure chest, failing my "disarm trap" roll - sooo good :D

And yes, it's great. I thank you too, for all your work.
    Sigrdrifa, elflover and Spindle like this.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

Is this "the Nagash"? as in the Eastern King?
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm kinda sorry that the crafting tables don't kill me any more :)
  7. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

It would be a while until it shows up on FG but the final crafting for the Coldain Prayer Shawl can still be lethal.
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Heh, I remember dying in an oven fire or a forge explosion.
  9. Conifur Well-Known Member

Well, I am dying a slow death with the slow crafting XP, so it could in the long run kill you.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Slow? I cranked out a level 10 crafter in a day. Are you an experienced crafter, or are you a first time crafter? If the latter, we can probably help speed you up.
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Conifur Well-Known Member

Please do.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Okies.

Crafting consists of a series of rounds, during which behind the scenes, the computer is rolling dice to see what the outcome of that crafting round will be.

Adverse reactions pop up at the start of a crafting round. You need to counter these by mashing a matching button in the crafting window.

However, you should also be using those buttons when there is not an adverse event. Hover over the buttons and read what they do. You will find that three increase progress, and three increase durability. At the start if each round where there is no adverse reaction needing to be countered, mash your three progress buttons. If quality is slipping, instead use the durability buttons.

By spamming the buttons, each item you craft goes way faster.
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Conifur Well-Known Member

That does nothing to make up for the incredibly low exp. Even mashing buttons and countering you still get failures. Your "expert" advice does nothing. Nice try.
  14. Xephane Active Member

Play with vitality :)
  15. Grouse Active Member

The one note I would add; Watch the progress bar. The movement of the bar signals the end of a round. That will be when the next reaction will pop (on not). If a reaction button doesn't pop, you are free to hit one to speed things up.

The reason I mention this is that the timing is slightly different for each of the crafting categories. The movement of the bar is the only clear flag that is consistent to all of them.
    Shmogre likes this.
  16. Conifur Well-Known Member

Once again nice try. Your comment "Are you an experienced crafter, or are you a first time crafter? If the latter, we can probably help speed you up" made me assume you had knowledge of how to level faster, you do not - my bad.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. Xephane Active Member

I did not comment that, so you are mistaken it seems. You said what Sigrdrifa's advice did nothing to help you when you actually did not ask for any specific advice. Vitality actually does help you level faster. If you burn through it, then take a break and do something else while waiting for some to recharge it goes a lot by faster.

"Are you an experienced crafter, or are you a first time crafter? If the latter, we can probably help speed you up." Was SIGRDRIFA'S comment, not mine. So I recommend you actually read before you insult somebody.

So once again, you can say "my bad" because your sarcasm really backfired here.
  18. Xephane Active Member

How to level crafting fast...
    -Build vitality
    -Do crafting quests for 1-9 until you run out, then grind out some combines to finish tier 1
    -Level 10 and do the Halas timeline, very difficult at level 10 but still doable, just bring extra mats.
    -Grind 14-15 through spam crafting a single item the same level as you, or if you did Halas timeline as a Qeynosian, make the level 15 plates over and over again
    -Do work orders until level 20, stopping whenever you run out of vitality
    -Do rush orders from there on out, stopping whenever you run out of vitality.

This is the FASTEST way to power up a crafter, in terms of actual time invested in tradeskilling. Sure, somebody who is sitting there 16 hours + a day will definitely hit 50 faster than you, but you will have spent less time at the tables yourself if you wait for the vitality, it wont feel like such a brutal grind.

If you don't think this is helpful advice, nobody can help you. I don't even know why I bothered posting this with how you called me out for a comment that wasn't even my own.
    Ryuken and Prissetta like this.
  19. Conifur Well-Known Member

Yea, sorry about the misquote. My bad.
    Xephane likes this.