Thank You Devs/Those working for EQ2

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Trasor, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Trasor Active Member

I just want to say that you guys created the best PvP game I have ever played and for that I am eternally grateful. I will never forget waking up in the mornings eager to log in and try to go out and find a fight.

With the resourcing that was available to you, it got hard on the PvP community to accept that we were very frequently going to be overlooked in decision-making and designing future content. I definitely got fed up one to many times.

Regardless, that isn't the point. I am just here trying to say, and I hope my fellow PvPer's will support this, that we really do or at one point did love this game more than anything and that is why we are so passionate about it. Thank you for all your efforts and your dedication to EQ2 will be sorely missed.

Sincerely,

A Veteran since 2005
  2. Fetish Well-Known Member

Absolutely. There was never a better MMORPG PvP rule set...thank you to everyone who made it possible by their man (and woman) hours invested. I'm pretty sure that it will never be recreated in any game. It was that good. Thanks and hopefully you are some of the ones who were kept.

Except for those who worked on BGs...for you, no thanks.
  3. Tippysaurus Active Member

I could not agree more. I have been playing the field and trying new games. I have ground out endgame on 3 other MMORPG's since leaving EQ2. I still long for the days of huge wars in the open world. I long for the anxious feeling of questing while looking over my shoulder for an assassin to jug slice and decap me. I still hold out hope that EQ2 will return to the top of the PVP MMO world. Alas, I have had the same dream for about 5 years now since PVP was broken. I will not point fingers but will reiterate the causes of the steady decline in PVP over the last 5 years:

1. Battlegrounds
    2. Fast Travel
    3. PVP Experience
    4. The removal of Level Locking
    5. Guild Halls
    6. Green Adornments (Their lag effect on PVP Combat in large scale multi-faction fighting)
    7. Gear Seperation
    8. Removing all procs from PVP rather than utilizing the "PVP Check Box" to tame OP PVE procs.
    9. Pay to Win with subscription based gear and spells
    10. Firing the great spread of PVP developers that were present until around 2009.
    Hopefully things will get ironed out... but before the Daybreak debacle I had all but given up hope on the best PVP Franchise ever created. After the Daybreak debacle my hope is gone too.

Another Veteran of 2005 and a PVPer since launch.
    Fetish and Trasor like this.
  4. Trasor Active Member

Lol Fetish when I saw that I just cracked up in a room full of people.

Not that I approve of this sort of PvP, yet this is my favorite kind of all time:

5. Siren Well-Known Member

Hahahaha. Okay, thanks for the belly laugh there, Fetish.

I feel horrible about all those who were let go, and can't believe there was actually any cutting left that could even be done after all the previous layoffs and studio shutdowns.

If everything hits the fan and Daybreak gets broken down by game with parts either shuttered or sold off (common with these kinds of quick-return investment takeovers), you devs please remember there can always be spiritual successors made and players will follow you:

Kickstarters are all the rage right now!!!

Just sayin'. :) Even MMO blogging site Massively.com just got shut down by AOL, and within a week they had a new site up themselves (massivelyop.com a.k.a. Massively Overpowered) and got a Kickstarter going. They reached their Kickstarter goal in 2 days flat and are now around 120% with about 3 1/2 weeks still to go. Not to mention all the games out there getting Kickstarted every day!
  6. Maddest Active Member

Yup, thank you for the years of enjoyment and attempts to please a playerbase that was never happy. As Maddaus would say You guys did your best! From those of us smart enough to see how many times you really tried to make it a funner environment for us you have our deepest gratitude.
    Trasor likes this.
  7. Nucular New Member

Thanks EQ2 Dev team (past and present) for one the best PVP games ever! Its given me years of great entertainment.
    Trasor likes this.
  8. kafodoo Active Member

Everquest 2 was my happy place when I was younger. I remember being an eager player that would perform to my max in pvp, but a few years back when eq2 hit rock bottom, I still had the hope that it would be fixed. The devs did everything they could, but once a game gets almost 10 years into the makes, everything starts to go down hill. Thank you so much for making my gaming experience a great one and if I could re-live it, I would.

I would really like to see this game not be lost, but I would love to re-live it. If kick starters are aloud we should make one to save the game. I probably wouldn't play the current version of eq2, but if there was enough funds left over, they should bring back old code and allow players to play in the old days when pvp started back in the Kingdom of Sky era.:)
    Siren likes this.