Thank You Daybreak

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gerras, Feb 14, 2017.

1. DamnataAnimus Active Member

Show me your character soloing one of the hard dungeons lol I await your frapsed proof.
  2. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

heh remind me ye'old good times in EQ1
    Entrance of Guk .... Camp check! :D same was for OS or PoE ... Fly's are camped! :)
  3. DamnataAnimus Active Member

I actually played eq1 today instead of eq2 for the first time. Once you get past the crude interface and graphics it's actually a lot of fun. I recall camping named in eq2 long ago and eq1 to me seems more rewarding than eq2 if I'm honest and reminded me of how eq2 used to be. I can easily see myself boxing a group there too. Though I might also try tle too.
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Word of advice - unless things been changed too dramatically - do yourself a favor and give a try for necro
    I know nowadays its less of relevance but back in time
    Necro DE - ultravision (priceless at night in EQ1), Feign Death (priceless), as a caster ban bind anywhere you like, at low levels fear kiting ... fun! at higher levels - agro kiting (heh even more fun), once you get a bit used to mechanic try lifetap tanking (heh priceless for summing mobs).
    Be aware thou - death did cause experience loss, death did require CR (corpse recovery) .. could be a pain (unless you bind at good spot ;)) but necro have neat spell - summon corpse!... DMF (yeah one I loved most - dead men floating) - let you have UV vision, fly and underwater breath. In my time necro was one most self sufficient class.
    Other great class who not mind slow pace of killing was shaman - regeneration + slow on mob and you can slowing beat crap out of something that no one else dare to solo :)
    Lastly enchanter - unlike EQ2 enchanters in EQ1 at some point were able to charm RAID type of mobs ... imagine feeling you have full raid force crawling trough BoT (Bastion of Thunder) to get you flag for Elemental Plans progression and what you finally getting to last room where boss is ,.. or should be ... just find that lol the boss (you brought raiding force to kill!) been camped by SINGLE enchanter lol
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

you need old content for epic 2.0 as well I think this is what the poster as saying
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

Maybe people play alts because their main gets boring sometimes.
    Maybe people play alts because they had to switch mains for different readons
    Maybe people play alts coz they like different playstyles
    Maybe people play alts coz they've been here since the beginning and at some points except grouping or raidong u can't do much with your main. To get him better gear

I love when people criticized other players. Judge them even.

U play only one toon now and it's enough for u ? Great. But some like diversity
    Alenna, DoomDrake and Prissetta like this.
  7. DamnataAnimus Active Member

I've made a magician wanted to try the eq1 version of conjuror , loving it so far it's fun giving the pet armour and weapons etc. Thinking of boxing a enchanter too for the mana regen might throw a necro in too (based on what you said) and idk, shaman or druid as I've read mercs are good clerics (though they don't cast some skills) I'm open to any other advice you have :p
  8. Shmogre Well-Known Member

My last paragraph even explicitly said that the grey grind comes if you want your epic 2.0 ("The "lots of past quests" speedbump comes if/when you start working towards your epic 2.0 weapon. Then it does bog down and sends you off on a fair amount of old/grey/outleveled/faction quests (assuming you haven't already done them on your toon).").

I was providing a counterpoint to the "KA expansion requires tons of grey quests" by pointing out that there is a whole signature line of content that can be done with minimal old quests (Greenmist and the languages are the only requirements), as well as the solo, advanced solo, and heroic instances that come with KA.

As Conifur rightly pointed out, for many the epic 2.0 *is* part of the KA expansion, so yes, the "going backwards" can be onerous (and time consuming and tedious and boring). But for people reading this thread who haven't bought KA or who may not be concerned about the epic 2.0 just yet, I wanted to be sure they knew that there *was* new content and questing and adventuring (and tradeskilling!) to be done in KA.
    Xianthia and Prissetta like this.
  9. Tajar Well-Known Member

Box a bard instead of a chanter, way better mana regen :) They can also tank, pull, mezz, and super freaking fast run speed.
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

And necro even better for that lol .. at one point (unfortunately for necros) on raid they been known as twich-***** because only necros could sustain 2s CHeal chain for clerics :)
    But chanter had a different purpose (in my time) - charming raid mob to mop floor with it and unlike EQ2 no quality of pet degrade upon charming! Mez/Stun of course neat but think about Tashania and Slow! Imo Shammy fit better for pair with magician (slow + regeneration) >>>>> everything for tanking.
    Judging by choice we talking about "goodies" - hence choice could be magican-enchanter-druid (for snare and transportation around Norath) or darker version - magician-necro-shaman with shaman tanking
  11. Carynn Well-Known Member

My subs are going to time out, as well, because KA doesn't have much content for the casual solo player. There is the Signature quest line, but like with ToT, I can finish it in a day. Spending $35x2 for a second expansion in a row that has given me only one day of actual new content has soured EQ2 for me beyond repair. I'm also a person who waits six months or so before starting on new content so the zones aren't overpacked and content blocked because everyone is going for it at the same time; come to find out, doing this screws me over if I ever wanted to try and find a PUG for heroic content because that's where the drops are in this expansion.

Luckily, you can still play this game as FTP, so my toons are still around to enjoy old content by chronomancer if I ever feel nostalgic.
    babettelabete and Meneltel like this.
  12. Kaarkula Active Member

Everquest 1 in its pure form... would make most people used to this world of war crafted version of EQ quit in a week.

There are some real revisionist, selective memories going on in this thread.
    Deveryn likes this.
  13. Kaarkula Active Member

Everquest 1 was x10000 times the time sink this game is. It always was.
  14. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Which is why, if you go to PoK, there are lots of people there. Many be afk in the buff lagpile, but they are active or f2p accounts that are used. Compare that to Eq2...

The channels are more active, more people talking and lfg and raid and so on. EQ1 is doing well EXCEPT in RP. Why I call both games MMO... for the RP is either so sick it could be buried in EQ1 on FV server and no one would really miss it but the few who RP ingame or the weakly RP in EQ2. Its there, but ive seen a MUCH healthier RP community in WoW.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  15. Cragfire Well-Known Member

Mmm EQ1 Bard song kiting.. Loved it.. :)
    babettelabete likes this.
  16. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Heh Plane of Justice ... all 43 mob within zone been kited by single bard :D what a lovely picture
    Cragfire likes this.
  17. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Or the levl 5 bard who "brought" friends to do pvp on Sullon Zek...
    Mensa likes this.
  18. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Time sink by definition is something boring that required from you in order to progress ... EQ1 was nothing like that at least until time mudflation of AA was started.
    Outside of that? what were time sinks are? - camping rare spawn for rare drop aren't time sink in my eyes - you getting experience, you getting loot, you are progressing
  19. Brightlyz Active Member

I have played at least 6 hours a day since i came back at the start of AoM, until 2 weeks ago when i started to feel like the OP of this thread. I cancelled my sub a few days ago. Having said that i still love the game(what it was at least) and hold hope that this disgusting repetitive boring grind will somehow be changed. Wont hesitate to come back when changes are made.
    Cragfire and Meneltel like this.
  20. VGScastaway Member

I was talking playstyles more or less, Doom, not parses, but you're right. If it's a short burst fight, anything that goes longer and the whole "everything on coolddown forever" thing pushes us farther from the top.