Thank You Daybreak

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gerras, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Lucus Well-Known Member

hardcore players do not solo heroic content, only boxers and botter can do that with multiple accts.

as for the casual vs hardcore on time investment it is more down to having the time to play and choosing to spend that time playing.

people hurt most this expac are people that do not have all day and all night to play the game without real life getting in the way, almost all players are hurt this expac on running alts.
    Mizgamer62 and DoomDrake like this.
  2. Iceane New Member

Find the right guild. I had to break from my previous guild because no one logged on. The new guild has groups all the time for all levels of players. Raid to non raid. I love seeing 15+ people on most nights.
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

In depth respond ...
    Many of us here are veterans not just EQ2 but EQ1 - we played many chars back in time. My firstborn here back in 2004 was a coercer ... playing him was a fun until it last (read charm got nerfed to oblivion) so my warlock was born (like half year later) - those 2 chars was played back to back and done well many quests. I did retired from hard core playing for 10 years and then back as casual gamer, I did spend few months of catching up (basically running my warlock through most of Kurnak quests). By time of ToT release I felt I did sufficient catching up to NOT do any more not relevant questing, hence my coercer been catching up on levels via agnostics.... Somewhere around GU100 (and even earlier) Daybreak (what a surprise lol) reshaped class balance to the point that warlock become unplayable and I have been to darn tied to beating my head over break wall regard class balancing so I decided you can't beat system you can rather join the system and have a fun ... thus beastlord been born - do you really think I would just level this char though all old outdated content?.
    Here is more for you. Because BL now is my main and I HAVE to do Epic I been forced into content that I actually never did even with my warlock and here is why
    City quest line - in time it was release it was already not relevant in terms of time/reward
    Epic 1.0 was done for reason that BL do not had ER but Epic 1.0 was and is REALY good and relevant even in current contents
    TS - I disdain them in 2004 and disdain them in 2017 I have no fun or interest of doing them but nether mind I was forced into that. For nowadays casual game who do have couple hours a day leveling from 9 to 100 take around 16 playing hours (with all power gamers technics) - that's my friend 8 playing days! of no fun clicking 1-2-3, 1-2-3
    Saying that - I am absolutely not mind do content relevant questing like visiting Grand Chapel of Inquisitor .. supposedly solo instance (ha!, lol) which I was do with my friend dirge and 2 mercs (thanks to feign death devices)
    But now time came for useless faction grind which NOONE ever did in same mind. Shall we look closer?
    Rim faction - guess what my warlock out of sheer interest did ALL Kurnak timelines and quest lines ... except this one, might be a reason behind this eh? Rim faction never been part of any mainsteam quest line nor side lines that ends up with any interesting rewards sort of dead end (like mushroom faction in TOT but least mushroom faction do produce some semi useful rewards ... this quest line produce NONE)
    Requirement of Dark mail gloves HQ is FINE it was semi entertaining and semi useful BUT request of 50k with Unseen hand? - to get here you need do AFTER you finished HQ longish repeative quest many times that net nothing but faction for what reward? - lol appearance items. So this faction NOONE did either (for this very reason)
    I am fine with re-visting old ToT heroic zones solo ... its kind of entertaining :) but artificially play for WEEKS grey outdated no fun content? sorry not my vision of fun
    Meneltel likes this.
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Actually casual love also solo heroic content (providing they playing flavor of x-pack)... in the end of ToT I loved lay waste SOLO on the KP contested. But I agree on 110% with rest what you said. I have few hours a day to play and I HAD to spend around 8 gaming days just to press buttons 1-2-3, 1-2-3 (TS leveling)
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Nope Warlock progressively worst now - while Sin still can be in top 5-10 on parse ... you won't see many (if any) warlocks playing around
  6. DamnataAnimus Active Member

You really are salty about the evil botters.

Some people are just better at the game than you no reason to call legit boxers botters. Yeah, I use isboxer to box my 6 chars probably better than you can play just one. Isboxer isn't breaking the eula unless if I was to use key cloning (1 keystroke being sent to multiple clients). I do not as that has been clearly stated as being equal to botting. So what if I can send a single keystroke to a different client from my main character? I'm still using 1 keystroke = 1 action.

Fyi I know a few real botters, none of them care. Why? Because half of epic 2 pre reqs are scripted - city time line crafting some factioning about the only part that isn't are the sig quests. But why would they care? They can bot instances afk while doing the sig quests lol.

Get a clue before you post crap that you obviously know nothing about. Oh while you are at it get good.
    Meneltel likes this.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I care less about botters and boxer as well - hell I actually LOVE having them as a casual gamer. Why? because they drive market price down! so instead PUGing for hours otherwise useless content I can buy something of the botter or boxer
  8. Azian Well-Known Member

Did you consider that the city timeline was not part of the game in 2004 but was added in 2011? I certainly never felt the need to take my level what were they then..90? characters through them when the quests started at level 20 difficulty.

I have numerous characters that have been around since 2004 and 2005. I've done many timelines big and small. Claymores, original epics, HQs, etc. etc. Prior to the epic 2.0 requirements, I had done the otherwise worthless city timelines exactly zero times on any character.

P.S. The game name comment is just a silly and tired distortion that some people like to drag out to try to beat others over the head if they don't love doing in game "quests" more than needed. The "quest" in the name of the game is the ongoing journey your characters are taking that never ends. It is not that you have to go pick up 8 mushrooms for Snarf out of that scary cave over there. To put your comment into current real world narrative, it's an "alternative fact."
    Tekka likes this.
  9. Azian Well-Known Member

This is actually kind of how I feel about the brawlers flopping for shinies. Finishing collection metas this expac is borderline impossible and the few I know who have done so literally were paying 1million + each for the last shinies they needed and none were on the broker. Gating the shiny spawns behind killing named mobs killed supply. FWIW, I agree with you about the boxers too unless they are disrupting a contested area which I really haven't seen happening in a very long time.

Side note: I'm not sure I've seen a more passive-aggressive thread than this one since...umm...ever.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  10. DamnataAnimus Active Member

Lol yeah... I've made a good 80 million plat more than enough plat to sub all of my accounts with krono for the next 2 years by selling shinys/green adorns and flipping krono . I've been buying krono to resell later too should I need to or use to sub when I get fed up with dbg shenanigans.

500k plus for the rare shinys. Takes a while to sell some but they always do eventually.

Lets face it between ascension spells and stuff like the shinys eq2 is coming VERY close to being if not already p2w. Sure you can get by without buying ascension upgrades or collections but vs someone who does your at a severe disadvantage. It's cool though in just 3 years roughly you can grandmaster all 4 ascension classes spells lol.
    Meneltel likes this.
  11. Zule Member

well, that's what you say. but I see differently. I didn't mean challenge zone. but hell, even i can solo lots of heroic stuff already.

that is a silly attempt to cover your botting. of course, why would you ever admit it.
    no, i don't pity at you. you have 6 toons, then work some to get their epics.
    but then, if you are such a great player, why do you need 6 toons? only reason i can think of is to raid T1, and maybe at some point, since you can have well above 400 resolve solo, try some T2.
    these days geared toons can kill heroic names before I even get a good shot at it, so having 6 people in group can be a waste of zone's air lol.
    oh well, maybe you aren't that great after all... but poor me, what can i know lol.
  12. DamnataAnimus Active Member

Lol, I still play 6 chars at once while you... play one. Go solo a t2 or t3 heroic then we can talk. Like I said salty lol.
    DoomDrake and Meneltel like this.
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Can you enlight me what so interesting about collection meta in KA? 20 resolve neck w/o any foci on it who in the sane mind would use it over Epic 2.0 piece?
  14. Yards Well-Known Member

The collection neck is BiS neck. The epic 2.0 neck can be warn in ring slot.
  15. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Okey could you please be a little more specific what make it "best"? does it have any fervor attached to it or may be any "foci" or it just plain 1.2k Pot neck with 20 resolve?
  16. Zule Member

lol you probably didn't comprehend, so let me reiterate - some players, with specific classes, use 1 toon for heroics, including t2. toss in a shaman and its even easy. at the same time noobs need 6.
    and yeah, im getting those shinies all the same on my... single toon.
    hell, i didnt even know that one should have 6 toons to be decent player lol. its like saying that you're good in box or taekwondo when you come with your friends and have them doing all the work for you lmao
  17. Yards Well-Known Member

DoomDrake likes this.
  18. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

19. Yards Well-Known Member

That is the one rewarded from the the collection. Once you have that one it lets you purchase an upgraded version the same way as the sig line and crafted line secondary and cloak.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  20. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

It's the nature of the time sink. I'd rather spend all night every night camping rare spawns for rare drops in old school EQ1 than play through KA. It was ultimately a more rewarding experience in the end.
    Meneltel, DoomDrake and Tekka like this.