Test Update Notes: Friday June 3, 2016

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Montag Well-Known Member

Definitely looking bad for tanks, can we just slap some mit and block on all three and call it a day?

Also gonna suck big time for people like me, in raid i main a dps class, but during non-raid hours my tank alt is usually the only tank available for running zones, so not only will i be stuck playing my alt just for there to be guild groups going, but im sure to be getting non tank jewelry on him and the coins ill earn wont even be usable for my main:/
    Lucus likes this.
  2. Talduke Active Member

I kinda think these items should also drop from zone bosses. Seems like the goal of ethereal summer should not be to get everyone to log in for 2 zones a day and and extra 1 or 2 for the weekly. It should be to give people a reason to revisit the now ultra easy zones and keep active LFGs. Currently if these items do not drop from bosses most will log in do the weekly day after reset and the daily and log back out. The rest of the week will be a log in run daily log out. If zone bosses also dropped items people who don't have the schedule to run zones every day of the week but have one or two days they can roll the dice on loot drops and grind zones for 6 hrs on the days they can play. This would also allow those that are forced to play a needed class to swap to their alt they want the items on when something drops.

Just my 2 pennies
  3. Enigma Active Member

Whats up with the +health? Why not just add more stamina?
    Beee and Montag like this.
  4. Lucus Well-Known Member

There's also the fact there doesn't seem to be a tank-centric rune there, i don't see why they couldn't add the ethereal ones that drop from contested on the vendor since it is a temporary event after all.
  5. Cutcha New Member

The runes that are on the vendor are the same ones that come from contested. If you are talking about the runes shown in the screen shots, he is on a mage so it's showing mage runes
    Lucus likes this.
  6. Sylke Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the runes are class (well, archetype) specific. The person looking at the vendor was a mage, so only saw mage runes.
    Lucus likes this.
  7. Lucus Well-Known Member

Thanks both of you pointing it out, it's pretty cool that the contested ones are on the vendor.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

Cool Thing!

Is there a way for a mage to get a 100 Fervor (scout) rune too? Would be great havin a choice between reset and fervor on ranged item (or let's deam 100 fervor AND reset) :)
  9. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Ok, that sounds very good in principle. ...

But there is this year no tank-specific items, such as the last years?

It may be that many of the tanks swear DD items, but I do not belong.

It is always useful if the items classes according to stats and effects offer to support the main function and not only dps gear.

It would be nice if you add please appropriate items for tanks or this new ethereal items stats a few tank, such as mitigation increase or block chance and so on ... adds.

The best are those items to choose from, so the DPS tanks do not have to get upset and they can choose their pure DPS items. So that each play style is appreciated.

thank you
  10. Arieva Well-Known Member

You have it equipped in your main hand...gg.
  11. semisus Does not play this game

the coin seems to be tradeable for me ( at the screenshot in page 1 ) before its unpacked
    so wondering why people are asking it to be heirloom?
  12. Lucus Well-Known Member

Ok if you are going to keep them no trade, how about letting players sell any excess tokens for a chunk of status so they keep running zones when they have everything they want so they keep running them and filling group roles players need to be able to run the zones?
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I assume they are like mission crates, which consume automatically. You then either get an eth, or the no-trade coin.
  14. duckster Active Member

Whilst likely to be in the minority of folks who have their ethereal runes, this event will only favour my alts however i still would like do run the zones on my main(achievements etc).

Would hope there would be a system to allow alts to benefit either from the rune being tradeable to likes of any of my scout alts or something along those lines.

Having already looted a rune i don't need from the blood iron keys, this event has no incentive to run my main character through.

Alts have needs too particularly with resolve being how it is(they need to be raid ready :))
  15. semisus Does not play this game

ok that makes sense
  16. duckster Active Member

You dont think alot of folks already feel hard done by with RNG through ToT keys/everdropping leather loots/Hammer drops/Zek key quests? If RNG is to remain the same, the grind option shouldnt be as harsh given its a whole 7 months into the expansion and folks are already on the verge of quitting(bearing in mind the limited availability of the runes until now). This no trade malarky is an obvious attempt of sorts to get folks to roll toons onto that new bazaar server imo.
  17. Kuulei Well-Known Member

From the Producer's Letter:
    Most items tagged as “Heirloom” can be traded freely between players. Only Heirloom items purchased via a merchant, marketplace, or granted from repeatable quests remain Heirloom.
    I saw nothing stating NO-TRADE will be able to be traded. Also who would care? It's not like you can move to that server, gear up and go back to your regular server.:rolleyes:
    Feldon likes this.
  18. sycla Active Member

Towards the end of the summer ethereal time it would make sense to allow us to collect all the remains coins on alts to get a item or two for alts..since you dont want us getting items faster than others without alts this would be a good workaround.
  19. Retrebution Member

Dev what you did to address the rune issue is great! Could we germane a piece of jewelry or two added for tanks? For what ever the reason good tank items (jewelry) seem scarce since zek update. Arguably most of the best appear to be legendary which means low resolve and resist which is sad for those who raid. It would appreciated to maybe see an item or 2 similar to mibble's ring or the high priest wrist from CT since there aren't any prestige tank items with increased pot (200-300 range). Keep up the good work guys !
  20. Jrel Well-Known Member

Please change all prestige AA conversions to 12 pot > 1 pot before adding more massive potency items. Class balance became unbalanced with ToT and is now broken with GU100.
    Cutcha and Montag like this.