Test Update Notes: Friday June 19, 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Caith, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Tkia Well-Known Member

I can't believe the dev team are wasting resources 'fixing' them at this late stage.
    Jrox, SolarFaire, Gregore and 3 others like this.
  2. Twisty Well-Known Member

this is a normal reaction, dont be puzzled. when you have insufficient information many things seem strange and arbitrary
    SolarFaire likes this.
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

I'm not puzzled, I'm appalled. Just because it's becoming the norm doesn't make it a good idea.
  4. Occam Well-Known Member

Everybody cries for class balance until it's their class losing an OP item they shouldn't be wearing anymore anyway.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  5. Aniwiel Member

OP item ? Are illy Top tiers DPS ?
    It's a shame illy had to use this item because devs can't balance their game.
    SolarFaire likes this.
  6. Twisty Well-Known Member

yes. like i said, when you have insufficient information many things seem strange and arbitrary
    SolarFaire likes this.
  7. CSP84 Well-Known Member

What are the new "Advanced /Special" Recipes from the Researcher pls ?
    SolarFaire likes this.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

No clue, you research a book on all 3 researchers for 7 days, which, I think, should unlock advanced recipes on the vendor in Fabrication Hall
    SolarFaire and CSP84 like this.
  9. Gregore Active Member

Yes.....I'm going to complain about this, so why don't you just get drunk, lost, or both!
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  10. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

When information is in short supply, people will try to put 2 and 2 together, and draw their own conclusions. This is understandable, and people shouldn't be patronised for it. If DPG don't want frustrated players, they should explain what they're doing and why, when it has a significant affect on gameplay.

Other producers, like Square Enix, are extremely transparent with their players when it comes to changes in their games. And although the players may not always agree with these changes, the devs there have the guts (and social skills), to talk through their actions to help the players understand why they're being done. What we get here is, this is being done, and no response to any question on why. That's pretty cowardly imo, and disrespectful to the players.
  11. Gregore Active Member

Yes...we are! With so many other things deserving their attention, they choose to "fix" stuff like this?! Really! Half the raid mobs in the game don't work, but hey let's nerf TOT cloaks! You haters know there's a huge trade off to wear said cloaks, right? Cloak wearers are losing a boatload of resolve, POT, and other stats to put them on, and can't even wear them on progression fights, so were they really that OP? The answer is NO. So many other classes/class items have been broken in the game for long periods of time, but I never complain about it, because those folks should be able to enjoy their toons while they're a little more uber. I've been playing since launch, & EQ1 before that, and the game is going down the toilet, and nerfs like this just make me want to give the toilet and good old flushing! You all can hate on me all you want about me "complaining" about the TOT cloak nerf, but I'm still going to complain, because I'm PO'd!
    Jrox, SolarFaire and Aniwiel like this.
  12. Observing Active Member

If you earned them in the past or want to grind an item from the past to use, why not? If you want to argue that an item should have never been added to the game, I might buy that. But when in the 20 year history of EQ2 before this expansion, have items from previous content been rendered inoperable?
  13. Gregore Active Member

Listen scrub, if you chose not to use the cloak and do more DPS, that's your choice, but I like being high on the damage parse, so I'm going to "CRY" like the biggest baby eva'! You must not be even the slightest bit of a competitive player!
  14. Gregore Active Member

NO, not everybody cries for class nerfs. I've never called for another class to get nerfed, or items to get nerfed. I did call for class changes to the Coercer, but my pleas fell on deaf ears, so I betrayed to Illy, and yes, I have enjoyed using the Illy cloak tremendously. Now I'll no longer get to use it, so I'm justifiably upset. So take your high and mighty stance elsewhere, cause it's falling on deaf ears with me!
    Jrox likes this.
  15. Gregore Active Member

I know what you can do with your insufficient information comments....
  16. Gregore Active Member

BTW, who are you Sir? No signature, so do you raid, even play, or just come on here to troll?
  17. Frogert New Member

At this point in the game, you would hope at minimum as a company they would be 2 steps forward and 1 step back. there are always ups and downs with any company. This year has by far been much worse than many with it feeling more like 1 step forward and 2 or 3 steps back.
    Mid year changes like spending 3 month trying to fix a nearly 4 year food hack, the whole time Raid bosses were either broken or removed from the game. Than reducing Shaman ward while touching no other types of heals. Lag in raid zones make really cool fight mechanics impossible to do sometime.(cure in 3 second or mob heals, or people die but cures lagging 5+ seconds)

The only thing Companies react to are $$$. People can complain all they want but as long as you stay and pay, they won't change. I would encourage anyone who reads this and not happy with the last 7 months of game to just quit the game for a while and go play something else. Ethereal don't look like Must have items at this point for next expansion and the way DB has been treating old items are likely to be made impossible to use next xpac by making starting resolve 250 or 300.

Go find another game for 3 months, go outside and play a sport. Just stop paying them and either the company will fold or will start listening. Jenn Chan like many company heads will speak like a politician and kiss our bottoms at the same time stealing our wallets. Money talk and it seem to be a good time as any to stop paying people you think are killing a fun game.
  18. Jrox Well-Known Member

Are you serious with this post? How are you not using that same argument, "of all the things wrong with this game..." for the wasted time on something that has been around? I really don't get your thinking. Why is it now, after all this time, considered broken? Did they just now have like a moment of Epiphany and realize, OH **** we need to fix this... No I am sure it's more likely you went and called for a nerf , or someone like minded. Without any care for your fellow Norathians. For you a nerf makes you feel god and easier to come by than asking for your own class to become balanced, or something to that effect.
  19. Jrox Well-Known Member

It's funny you think you do...
  20. Jrox Well-Known Member

Again, so basic lol