TESO PVP V.S. EQ2

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Soulflare, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Soulflare Member

There is no comparison, TESO is horrible. Let us pray, successfully, that the upcoming PVP "ideas" make a suitable comeback too EQ2 PVP. However, something to add to Nagafen's population would be stellar probably much more preferred: I would suggest reverting WFs back to revolving between Antonica and The Commonlands each hour (more often of an occurrence to keep one engaged). Furthermore, lowering the effectiveness of toughness and lethality would be most beneficial to the community, this way PVP is focused on skill rather than gear and slightly more welcoming to newer/returning players. On a side note, I don't think I need to elaborate on the subject of Warzones, anything will help here...
  2. Soulflare Member

I was also curious as to what others feel of TESO PVP:
  3. Pawder Active Member

It is totally different game than EQ2. Really hard to compare them. Is PvP balanced and rewarding in ESO..yes.
    Siren and Fetish like this.
  4. Vandrago Active Member

Sadly, I can't get passed the controls, other than that, game runs smooth, looks great and has people!! but I have to have the set up like eq2 with controls, character movement, targeting.
    Raff likes this.
  5. Fetish Well-Known Member

Yeah...a lack of tab targeting will turn away a lot of people. I am liking it immensely though...not because it is better than EQ2 PvP was...but because it is better than EQ2 PvP is.
    Siren likes this.
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

It could have worked, if they bothered to figure out what their game actually was. To me TESO did not feel like an MMO (possibly a good thing) but it also did not feel like an Elder Scrolls Game (A bad thing for TES Fans).

PvP Had promise with the variety of useful skills to me the problem lied in implementation. There are just some abilities that are hands down "better" options which means less variety which means more cookie cutter fighting styles.
    Slant and Neiloch like this.
  7. Pawder Active Member

Its not for everyone, but as a game, it does a really good job. It feels good and refreshing. There are many more options behind the 10 hotkeys you have. It is a fun game all around and for a new launch, it is amazing. The only thing you can compare between the EQ2 and ESO is the fun factor. ESO is very good and only going to get better. EQ2, well, it started off buggy, got a lot better, got worse, then died.
    No cookie cutter classes there. A mage can tank and duel wield, you can switch between offense and healing during combat and it also switches weapons during combat. There are so many skill lines to go down that it takes skill to choose which ones you want to put on your limited hotbars. Targeting is manual, no auto targeting here. Is that easy mode?..No. you have to move and soft aim at the players jumping around, skill needed. Yes, it is different from this game that has become easymode when it comes to the basic functions. We all got spoiled. ESO is much more than auto target and mash buttons. Very different and hard to compare. Damn good all around game and very good graphics. Oh and they have over 7 mil subs from what is rumored. EQ2 has been home for 10 years for me. I am not happy with where they took it. I hope they fix it someday but I have been wishing that for several years now. I still log in and see my friends, but ESO has got my attention, and will for a long time.
    Fetish and Siren like this.
  8. Pink Poodle Maid of the Evening Storm

You also gotta look at TESO just being released, so yeah.
  9. Sirvandal Active Member

Elder scrolls online is ****** beast. The pvp is actual 'war' and not the **** in this game. In this game pvp is about how no-life you are and eso pvp is about how much skill you have. It is not strange people can't get used to the controls because of this game (no offense, but then you are just too old... Even though someone I know, quite old in my opinion, learns it very quickly...).

I am not forcing anybody to play teso and try the pvp, but it is definately worth a shot (if you can check it out at a friend's then you really should). Played teso for 3-4 hours and I am already ready to admit that I am addicted in some sort of way ;p
    Fetish and Siren like this.
  10. Sirvandal Active Member

Also for the people who claim it is heavy for your computer, it runs smoother with much higher graphics then eq2. EQ2 is programmed in a really old way (well, 9 years or so?). I must say there are some server issues atm because of the many people who are playing it.
    Siren likes this.
  11. notimpressed Member

Cant plug pull in ESO soulflare?
    Fetish likes this.
  12. Fulton Active Member

loving teso right now, excited to get off work and play, havent felt that since tso expansion. graphics are awesome and smooth, very nice change imo. so many builds and choices i wanna try, teso will def keep me interested for a very long time, sorry eq2, i stuck with you through all the other game launches, but how pvp is now, dont think ill ever bother returning, was a fun run :)
    Pawder, Fetish and Siren like this.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

Yup, I'm with the ESO fan club now too. Everything from the advanced character building, to the great quest lines that all seem to link together throughout a faction, and the depth and flexibility of the crafting system, to the open PvP and the graphics has me hooked. I already play Tera (Unreal 3 FPS engine) and have played Reckoning: KoA as well as Elder Scrolls since Morrowind, so the controls and UI don't bother me a bit.

I can definitely believe 7 million boxes have been sold; there were over 5 million beta accounts, and of course launch was Friday so all the procrastinators and impulse buyers have jumped aboard as well. Skyrim was only eclipsed by Call of Duty in sales the year it came out, never mind that there are five Elder Scrolls single-player games total, so there were a whole lot of fans of the series out there even before the online game launched.

It needs a bloody auction house, though, and I don't like being forced to use my login name as a global handle for friends' lists and guild rosters. A lot of peeps are complaining about the login info issue, though, and a forum mod said Zenimax is reevaluating its security decisions, so we'll see. So far, they have listened to their fan base concerning many things.

Now if only the small group of forum idiots who've been asking for PvP arenas and/or battlegrounds since beta would just switch games....At least most of the forumites (including myself) jump in and tell them why this shouldn't happen every time the subject is broached. So most people realize that BGs and arenas are open PvP killers at least.

PS/ I even got the name Siren for my Daggerfall Dragonknight. Are you guys the same user names in-game too? We should make an EQ2 Refugee Guild!
    Sirvandal likes this.
  14. Fetish Well-Known Member

Daggerfall: Fetish, Abney
    Ebonheart: Miette the Black, Miette the Mouse

Still deciding which faction to play...obviously torn between Daggerfall and Ebonheart; Screw the Dominion. Friend me! I'm on most every night.
    Siren likes this.
  15. Fulton Active Member

Ebonheart - Fultin - Dragonknight

currently one hand and shield and leveling up restoration staff, love the freedom of classes :)

i was hooked when then sun came up and reflected sun off the water and shiny snow, and when i walked it left foot prints, the graphics are stunning for a mmo. i also love the combat, its not just tab and smash buttons, u dont need the best gear to be good :) the exploring in this game is just a blast, its not a rush thing, just play and enjoy

kk back to game!!
    Siren likes this.
  16. Driskell Active Member

Wow ESO pvp sucks!!! I am 15 lvl so I can weapon swap etc.. The pvp is mass numbers running around..no one can see your name or even remember it.The controls are horra bad for targeting pvp..when you are fighting huge numbers its way hard to not be able to tab a target but you have to mouse over him with like 50 dude running around in a mass ball..Oh and lvling is way slow quest quest and more quests ..so lame..The newness of the game will wear out and people will return or look for another game..Everyone uses a bow or range spells and the aa lines are very limited..I do not see how anyone thinks it is better in pvp then eq2..if eq2 had population it would be a great game again..Don't kid yourself and claim ESO is a good pvp game its a joke, especially after playing eq2 for 9 years...
  17. Xray Active Member

good to hear that driskell
  18. Gaudof New Member

Unfortunately ESO at this point is better. I much prefer the pvp system of Eq2, but you can't have Player vs Player without population. I've been with Eq2 since 2 months after launch and I'm sad to say that I have cancelled my sub for now. Hopefully the devs can find a way to add population otherwise everything else they do will be for nothing.
    Siren likes this.
  19. Pippin Active Member

Guess people hear what they want to hear....

Stuck with eq2 for 10 years so it obviously had some pretty amazing qualities... Having said that Driskell clearly has not given eso much of a go or there are fundamentals in the game that just dont gell with him/her..

Whilst EQ2 recovers from last expansion destruction of any semblance of class balance this most definitely is in my opinion a better option. There is a tab target but it isnt like eq2. There are pros and cons but right now the pros are a frikkin light years ahead for me.

Would love to get balance back to pre expansion in eq2 but wont hold my breath. I want to want to play eq2 devs thats what really bugs me here...

Oh and I know this is a PVP forum but damn guys if u have ever liked PVE adventures in a game but for years hated it because it always felt not like that first game you have rosy coloured specs for... u need to try this.. go dominion - after 15 years of mmo's this one finally has me feeling like walking into aviak village for the first time in eq1 and going woah....
    Siren likes this.
  20. Fetish Well-Known Member

Indeed. I am with you. EQ2 PvP, back before it was borked into the mess that it is now, was by far the best gaming experience that I had ever been given the pleasure of enjoying. It was epic beyond words...and it isn't just a nostalgia thing. It really was that good! However the current iteration of EQ2 PvP is an empty shell of what it used to be. There is nothing other than level 95 grinding in Battlegrounds....there is no red server culture left. Even the people on Naggy spend their life in BGs as it is all that there is, short of Warfields...which are of zero fun...their only importance is for the tokens.

ESO PvP doesn't compare to EQ2 PvP back in the KoS through EoF era...but the current EQ2 PvP game has withered to the state that it doesn't take much to top it. A rousing game of pong would even make a strong contestant.

As good as PvP was in EQ2, there are still people sitting on blue servers running tired blue content, waiting with little hope for the game that they used to love to make a return...
    Siren likes this.