Terrors of Thalumbra Beta Rewards

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Foretold Well-Known Member

I finished the adventure line, and I have no claim on live :( Maybe it will come eventually...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just about anything you want/can think of. ;->

We decorators have been chafing at the bit over them for quite some time now; check out the Norrathian Homeshow forum! :D

Uwk
    Kalderon and Griffon Lady like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

SHhhhhh! Don't give them any ideas... :eek:

But yeah, it's infuriating, and I'm not even doing the Beta stuff. I sincerely hope the lack of tradeskilling mount is a bug that will soon be fixed. >:-/

Uwk
  4. Awkk Well-Known Member

I sure wish there was another chance to earn that Carpet of Assured Quality.

I was too busy doing something else back then and couldn't beta at that time and missed it.
  5. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Same here. Finished both TS and Adv. No Adv reward to claim but had the TS one.
  6. Almee Well-Known Member

I guess I'm lucky I couldn't get my characters copied over as I would have been very disappointed with the TS beta rewards. As it is, I got to enjoy NoTD, with all the great new recipes, so I'm a happy camper. I feel bad for all of you who didn't get the reward you expected--especially after missing the 2nd best holiday of the year to test ToT.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

sounds like I will only run the trade skill quest through once and than the same for adventuring
    because with beta down all this time I wont have more time than that
    but well would be nice to get a nice reward but I like to just test anyway
  8. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Hey how about we actually get to test some of the content that would be reward enough after having to pay to test it. Geez I love this game to the point of an addiction but DBG is really making it tough to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  9. dngrmse Active Member

I just finished the adventure quests...and I'm being offered the ts quest line reward.

Sigh.
  10. Jrel Well-Known Member

I've only completed the 27/27, but no mount claimable on Live either.
  11. dngrmse Active Member

You have to complete the quests in Maldura too.
  12. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Perhaps a good thing, that light could be the express train wreck headed your way :(
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  13. Elowith Active Member

Have completed everything but tradeskill on one toon; however only the tradeskill reward appeared on live.
  14. Jrel Well-Known Member

Ahhh... I'm missing one Maldura one. Dang it.
  15. Tomshindo Active Member

Same here. I have finished Maldura(11) and Thalumbra(27) quests, however I've got Tradeskill rewards.I didn't even start a crafting quest then. Please fix that.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Waitaminute...just dawned on me. Was anyone eligible to do Beta testing without having paid for pre-order...? :eek:

Uwk
    who'd thought everything had been seen before; now the Powers are having us pay for the privilege of doing their testing. Well, at least they're more honest about it than most game companies... ;->
  17. Katistrophic New Member

I would be great if I could even get in to Beta...just a black screen and nothing.
  18. Elowith Active Member

I was granted the adventure reward this morning for a previously completed quest line. I then finished up the same line on another character, and received the tradeskill reward instead of the adventurer one. So much for it being fixed.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

To permanently disable the intro movie, go look in your EQ2 Beta folder (probably somewhere like C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II\BetaServer) and find the file eq2.ini

If there is not a file by that name, you will create one. Open the file in Notepad (Start >> Run >> Notepad.exe). If you don't have the file, open Notepad anyway.

Add this line to that file:

cl_movie_enabled 0

Now save the file as eq2.ini (doublecheck afterwards to make sure it didn't name it eq2.ini.txt -- if it did, just rename it and remove the .txt part).

The next time you start the game, it should not try to run the intro movie. The movie gakking is what causes the black screen.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! But just to be on the safe side, is that "cl" bit in New Courier font a lower-case CL or is it a C1, as in the number? Sometimes it's confusing. :-/

Uwk
    who'd not had an issue with getting into Beta for that, but it was long ago and far away...