Terrors of Thalumbra Beta Rewards

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Kuulei Well-Known Member

So many people pre-ordered the expansion just to get into beta and are now unable participate to get the beta rewards. Two days now in my case, I was so close too. One quest away from the tradeskill achievement and very close on the signature line.
    I do hope they get this fixed before beta is over and those of us that are gated from entering beta have time to complete the requirements for rewards.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, those are the Sandstone and Granite ones, that I hope will still have the recipe book somehow available after the World Event (crossing fingers!)! :)

The other triangles I'm looking at are the ones for every tier, which I've been campaigning for along with other folks for a LONG time, so it's good to see they're coming. I just hope they'll be here for all of us to access once the expansion goes live, rather than only being available for pre-order, or fancy versions, or only people who buy the expansion, etc. :-/

Uwk
    not looking forward to the price probably going up by 1.5-2x once the pre-order period is over, but also not terribly thrilled with the expansion in general... :-/
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ouch! And I hope they keep the progress you'd made on it! :eek:

Uwk
  4. Ecugia88 Active Member

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Oh thank you for the laugh, sir/ma'am.
  5. Foretold Well-Known Member

Cute.
  6. Chikkin Well-Known Member

the other triangles are in a book you buy from deepforge founders faction merchant, 10k faction and 5 coins of the grand artificer, they are not exclusive to anyone really, other than 100 crafter requirement

oh I think you mixed triangles with dhalgar blocks, these only CE or premium editions get per expansions content here https://www.everquest2.com/expansion-content
    these are special looking building blocks, but triangles for all previous tiers we will all get with just TS questline done really.
  7. eana Member

Not sure how you will even know you did all the adventure quests. Many times no feather shows up and you just luck out and talk to someone who gives you the quest Not sure all the bugs will be out of it for someone to complete them all. Would really be nice to have a list of the quests under achievements.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Waitaminute...the recipe books for the triangles that you only have to be a level 20 Carpenter to Scribe, you have to be level 100 to get in the first place?? Gah, I hope the books are at least HEIRLOOM, if not TREASURED; I'd gladly pay plat for that opportunity (not too much plat, but still) that we should have had for awhile now. :-/

And yeah, I've heard about the "SPECIAL1!1!!!" blocks for a bit; still festeringly irritating. Hopefully, the Powers will do with them what they did for the Thurgadin blocks (not that I know whether or not they were just "special order! :D" before): make them available to anyone with the plat. :-/

Uwk
    who really thinks the devs need to work on their self-esteem: yes, folks, you CAN make bags bigger than 48 slots! You CAN make triangular Building Blocks! There's a lot of things you said were impossible that you've done! I have faith in your abilities! :D
  9. Awkk Well-Known Member

What is the big deal with triangular building blocks anyway? Are you guys planning to build pyramids?
    Kalderon and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, that's okay; if you're not a decorator, you wouldn't understand. ;->

Uwk
    Kalderon, Alenna and Foretold like this.
  11. Gigglezzz Member

Completing all Terrors of Thalumbra Adventure Quests

If you complete all of the Terrors of Thalumbra adventure quests on the beta server, you’ll be able to claim one “Kaeonos, the Dark Spirit” for one of the characters on your account on a live server.

Ok so I have completed all the Signature Line, 27/27 Thalumbra Overland Quests, 11/11 Maldura Quests and have received the achievements for all of them but yet no reward of a mount on live servers? Only reward I received was the "Terrors of Thalumbra Tradeskill Beta Reward" for doing all the quests? I haven't even started the Tradeskill Questline yet.

This is what I received when I logged onto live with my char that I have been beta testing with. I received a Potion of Progress, Thalumbra Beta Equipment Infuser, and Coin of Tithing. a Beta Test Infuser and Coin of Tithing (same reward as Tradeskill Beta Rewards).

Something is seriously wrong with this! :(

Oh, and did we mention that the beta rewards are claimable NOW? :oops:

Hehe, yea you mentioned it, but it's not true. Please fix ;)
  12. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Maybe this is a stupid question... but how do I know when I've completed ALL the Terrors of Thalumbra adventure quests? I've gotten the achievements for the 11 quests in Maldura, and the 27 quests in Thalumbra. I've also finished the signature questline. I did get a claimable reward on the live server... which contained a potion of progress, an infuser, and a coin for extra tithe - all pretty cool stuff! Still, like many others I am most excited to pursue the mount portion of the beta rewards... I would appreciate some more specific clarification on what exactly I need to do in order to meet the requirements for the "Kaeonos, the Dark Spirit" version, since I don't see that anywhere in the achievements on beta. I don't see it having been discovered on any live server either, so I'm just curious if anyone knows if it's still a thing, and what we need to do to earn it?

*Edit* um yeah... basically what Gigglezz said. Heh.
  13. Awkk Well-Known Member

But I asked what you could make with them. Why not just tell me? Obviously I didn't understand, isn't that why I asked?
    Kalderon and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you are building houses entirely from blocks, you will have places such as the roof peak and odd corners that need a triangle to fill. If you are building a staircase, again, triangles to panel in the sides will be helpful.

Pyramids are build from square or rectangular stones, piled into a pyramid shape, BTW.
  15. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

So... That tradeskill quest reward... right? Did I miss something, or is there no mount or the trades killers? -.- I /claimed my live reward and I got.... 3 consumables.... that was all.... I'm extraordinarily busy between midterms and my mini-home business (already months behind in orders), and I missed out on NOTD almost entirely because of how busy I've been (And NOTD is my FAVORITE holiday!), but I couldn't resist the ghost pegasus. I wasted what spare time I had in 3 days to get a few consumables? o.0
    I fell for the bait and trap. -.-
    You know, if you devs REALLY feel like crafting is so worthless, why not just remove all but furniture crafting from the game? -.-
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Trilly Active Member

I too was very disappointed in the tradeskill reward! I am wondering why devs think that tradeskillers don't like to have new mounts too? Some of my tradeskillers are adventurers also...but it doesnt mean they should have to do both for the uber award. Give me a choice between the 3 consumables and the mount...mount wins!!
  17. Fulenstixx New Member

I completed the Adventure Sig series, and the 27/27 and 11/11 achievements (including the Ash district Heroic update) and got the Tradeskill Beta reward, but no mount on Live server
    dngrmse likes this.
  18. Alexic Member

I agree with the no mount for tradeskill testing = suckage. I have 51 level 100 tradeskillers on two accounts so am a tried tested and true die hard tradeskiller. If not a mount how about some super graphic upgrade to the Epic tradeskill master tradeskiller and cloak of the harvester cloaks hmmmm? We as crafters do put in an insane amount of time and seem to be getting squeezed out by gear we make becoming minimal or even totally useless to adventureres.
  19. Mythical House Item Well-Known Member

I agree as well. We crafters at least received the Carpet of Assured Quality in a previous beta test, so we know it's possible. Could we not have a mount that offers some exceptional stats focused on the trades and maybe a 5% bonus to rare harvests?
  20. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

The adventure quest reward is fixed! I just claimed Kaeonos on the live server. Hooray! <3