Terrors of Thalumbra Beta Rewards

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Lillim New Member

You said that we can get the beta rewards now . I have completed the ADV.Timeline . So how can i get the reward on live?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. GeekyGothy Active Member

We were told on the Beta Test live stream on the 26th that completing the Tradeskill questline would also reward us with the same appearance mount just with different stats. So were we lied to again? I spent $90 on the collector's edition and I've been beta testing for the sake of reporting bugs but I was also doing the Tradeskill line for the mount so that I didn't have to spoil the PvE content. Thanks for that. Glad to know I got excited for absolutely nothing.

Please make good on what you told us on the beta stream on the 26th. Give Tradeskillers who complete the line the mount. Everyone else is saying you don't get the mount, just a tithe and some other things not worth your time bothering with.
  3. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Almost all my toons arrived by this morning to beta server that i did a /beta on (last Thursday !), but right now, most of them disappeared, and the ones that are left, the server cant find it, and it tells me to rerun the patcher which i d id like 10 times, do i get a special cookie ?
  4. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Anyone else completely unable to enter beta server?
  5. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

So, another mount that will be superseded by the content once it goes live?
  6. Adevil Well-Known Member

I'm certainly not going to pre-order for the "TS reward".
    Belenos and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Actually, the Altar is about the only thing that's tempting me; when I found out we can ONLY get triangle building block recipes through buying this, I got irritated and am willing to figure I'll wait two years for this content to be incorporated. X-P

Uwk
    Belenos and FriggaWitch like this.
  8. Desmodontinae New Member

I also heard it stated Tradeskill Signature completion would give the mount reward.
    If I've spent a week beta testing and reporting bugs without a mount reward, I'm expecting a Full Refund.

First you have 2 ethan's in isle of mara, both with "Signature" quests.
    So I completed the one "outside" the tavern's quest line.
    Then was told, no it must be from ethan "inside" the tavern. -.-

Get most of the way through this and there are Still quests that can Not be completed as they are not finished / fixed.
    So there is No Way I'll have time to continue testing / completing Tradeskill Signature quest line, because you folks didn't have the quests available to "Beta test".
    Not our / my fault. I wont accept being denied the reward when you did Not have the content fleshed out enough to complete the content.

So what is the Official verdict, not someone "guessing". I want to see an Official statement regarding the promise already given in the live stream.

EVERYONE that participated in this Beta "Deserves" a mount in my opinion.
    We all waded through a lot of grief with /beta, overflow into inventory from All characters on your account (I have 11...), broken quests, the first 2/3 of the week Beta testing there were no way points / POI's, to Little information for quests to had been completed sooner.

Again, EVERYONE that participated in this Beta "Deserves" a mount in my opinion.
    We're the Customers' and we've bent over far enough trying to help and accepted it out of good faith, but truly you aren't going to cut us all off from receiving SOME sort of "Decent" Beta reward?

For $39.99 I at least expected the content, the virtual item (this case the alter), and ---> 30-day game time like Every other expac standard purchase.
    I'm even more furious that we can Not equip Relic items unless we're a Member???? I've had memberships through out the years, so I get punished when times are tough? Some heart you all have.

11 Year Veteran on just this account. Not to mention the number of years EverQuest 1, Star Wars Galaxies, etc etc etc.

At this point I'm going back to Live and waiting to see a response. I'll play a lower level character and if Beta mounts are not given out to all participants, I'll be glad to get a refund and get rolled back.....

This is legitimate feedback, possibly bordering on negative, but not all feedback comes back nice and shiny.
    Nooloon and Juraiya like this.
  9. Jumpity Member

Since we can't even log into the beta server, or any other server for that matter, this is going to be a lot harder to get done before it goes live...
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think Daybreak should wait on the relies another month or so
    this sounds like a big mess
    I don't mind it that its a little bumpy at the beginning it was last time. I love testing that's why I also play on the test server ( shameless promoter of "public test server ").
    but I also think we had more time to test and no other events to worry about with all that's going on
    I almost had no time on beta.
    please wait on the relies for the next x pack and give us a little time to catch our breath
    I think you should give yourself a break too people of Daybreak
    you must be getting yourself sick with all the projects ,Consolidations festivals, moving the office, and so on
    I think most people would agree that a good quality game is better than one that's put out on the run
    my kids are already asking if we are going to move to Norath.

I just tried to get into beta and it went between of line and cant find character so I belief the problem is being worked on.
  11. I like bears Member

How come there's no mount for tradeskills? :(

We work hard too!
    Xillean, Belenos, Kurisutaru and 2 others like this.
  12. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Forget the rewards for a second DBG is taking everything down for a 2 hour +/- maint. to fix stuff at 8 pst. Lets hope that this gets things fixed. I would just like something playable.
    Cheers to the public test server!! testing new content for the festivals so that we all can have fun during the Holidays without all this commotion. Hope to see yous on live, test or beta after the maint!.
  13. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

Well now I'm kinda glad I'm only getting a black screen with music and unable to Beta test, and no help from DBG. Seems it saving me a lot of aggravation. Good luck to all those who can. Wish DBG would postpone this expansion with everything else that's going on, so everyone, gamers and devs, could do a better job.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I dunno about negative but it's quite entitled sounding feedback at the least...!
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Daybreak is running a general maintenance
  16. Foretold Well-Known Member

Were there not triangle recipes rewarded for doing the sundered earth (or whatever it's called) prelude to the new expansion? Currently live on the regular servers. Maybe you should go do it so you can have less angst over the preorder.
  17. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

I haven't even been able to log into beta since yesterday morning.
  18. Desmodontinae New Member

Adding to what I've already posted, we're expected to play the full content from the signature quest line, plus the heroic mobs to get a mount for one character. Yet, not receive the same reward for doing the same "amount" of work on the opposing side of Beta testing, AKA Tradeskilling.
    Not really entitlement, as much as it is, alienating 1/2 of their player base.

We've not had Full content available to comply with the requirements for testing.
    How are we supposed to complete the requirements if we wont have access beyond the time we've already invested?
    I don't know about you, but I've put in over 40 hours. So don't even begin to "assume" it is about entitlement or my lack of work / cooperation to assist in testing.
    Now call it "entitlement" or not, I was hit by a drunk driver and had knee surgery... but I am dedicated to testing and help making this a better experience for all. I gave legitimate feedback... like it, don't like it. Don't comment on it. It isn't you who I purchased this expac from!

Side note:
    Oh, and sweetheart, no disrespect... your "opinion" is not being put down here, but you don't know me well enough to "assume" where I'm coming from.
    Juraiya likes this.
  19. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Is anyone else unable to log into beta still? Does anyone know what's going on with beta? Is it down, or is it an account side problem? I pre-paid on October first. :\
  20. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

I was on beta for about an hour from 6-7pm eastern Griffon Lady. I was about to go and try out some recipes I hope it's up now,
    Edit: nope sayin it's locked must be fixing the hp on the instance mobs or something