Tenacity

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Bhayar, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Logged in on my inqy to do a PQ this am and had the oddest thing happen trying to use Tenacity. The description says it's a "group spell that is on until cancelled." However, when trying to cast it this am, absolutely would not stay "on." It was like it was an insta-cast spell. I was the only healer in the group.
    Has something changed about this spell recently that I'm unaware of?
    Redid my AA and prestige and saved and applied. I'm scratching my head. Any info on this? Much thanks.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  2. Daryx Well-Known Member

If you are referring to what I think you are, the icon on your hotkey for some reason will stay "off" after casting it, i.e. it does not turn into a dark mode like most buffs. There are several buffs I have seen that do that and it's a bit annoying when trying to verify what you currently have cast. They've been that way for several months at least.

Is it on in your maintained spells window? That's where I double check in these cases. I logged one of my inquisitors and it's doing that.

If that's not what you are referring to, then as Emila Litella said, "Never mind!"
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  3. Doobius40504 Active Member

I noticed last night that "Ro's Blade" on my Wizzie was lighting up after I had cast it on my merc. Turns out that since you can cast it on multiple targets, it stays lit up. Could this be the same in your situation? Just something I had noticed just last night

HTH
    Peace!
    Daryx likes this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

No, it's a group spell only.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Yeah, had a brain fart. Didn't check that possibility, but I will next time I log in. Thanks for that tip
    Doobius40504 and Daryx like this.
  6. Daryx Well-Known Member

As an FYI, or possible future bug (it's mostly an annoyance to me at this point), these buffs I've seen are indeed group spells and on several different classes. I think at least one other is changed by an AA to a group spell from a solo, but I'm thinking there's another that is just a normal group buff. I know I submitted a bug on one of them way back before the system only let you do it online.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's up and running on maintained spells, but isn't greyed out.
  8. Ravenlook Member

Tenacity IS a single target cast on friendly target spell

[IMG]

there is an option in the class focus to turn it into a grp wide spell, but since it is originally a single target spell it still function as one.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Unless the player only solos, in my opinion, you'd be daft not to turn it into a group spell. Whether you do so or not, the problem still exists.
  10. Melkior Well-Known Member

The issue I think is how it is coded. Before the AA it is a spell you can place on as many people as you have concentration slots for. So it doesn't darken in single mode because you can place it on additional people. Agree it should do that when it's turned into a group spell. I have an equivalent spell on my mystic that works properly when turned into a group version. Just another bug for the list I guess.