Temple of the faceless: Advanced solo (spoiler alert)

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by rantamizer, Feb 23, 2013.

1. rantamizer New Member

After killing Saranich. I went to kill the shiverbacks so my next boss fight would be easier. When I shot one with an arrow, EVERY shiverback in the area came and pounded me and my merc to a pulp. Tried it again 3 times. Same result except the last time. I used escape and got to the entrance to the instance, Before I could zone out, I was summoned by Boraddas and stomped to a pulp since I was already half dead. Something isn't righht here.

Can't think of many toons that could handle the entire shiverback population of that instance in one pull so this has to be a bug. Now i get to wait 3 days for the instance to go away so I can try again. Anyone else have a similar occurance in there?
  2. Mohee Active Member

Instances are resettable every 90 mins (alt Z, click instance, click reset). Have you tried again? Usually the culprit of this event is the fact that the big monkey has such a huge hit-box that often AoE's or even AoE auto attacks will hit him, even when you are down below and think you are safe. I suggest pulling any monkeys that are remotely close to him but below him, far away before attacking. And you can always zone in to your same instance and try again :)
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Mohee is correct in that Borrodas has a massive hit box. If you have AE'd him all Shiverbacks will aggro.
  4. rantamizer New Member

Thanks for the inputs,. Didn't know I could manually reset the instance. I'll give it another shot. Don't think I got too loose with AOE but yeah, that puppy has a BIG hitbox.
  5. Thand Well-Known Member

kill the shiver back closest to the entrees on the grass on the right side just before You kill the lizard boss. That was you wil not accidentally agro barbados. I usually try and kil most of the shiver backs on the first Floor before the lizard boss anyways. You have to kill all the shiverbacks And the lizards below Barbados plat form before you attack him anyways or they all will come
  6. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

I routinely tag Baroddas in order to pull every Shiverback at once. Makes it easier to clear them all quickly.
  7. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Yes, but some of us just aren't that cool :)
    Cyliena likes this.