templars how well do they solo these days? how about BOL?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by EQ_Jack, Dec 5, 2019.

1. EQ_Jack Active Member

thinking about leveling a Templar and I recall historically they killed things very very slowly... how well do they do these days solo? How about in BOL content?
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

Lowest dps of all the classes to start. Tough to level by soloing. Good healers though.
    If you are going to play this class, I suggest you find someone to power level you.
  3. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

If you are starting from level 1, play an Inquisitor, then betray to Templar at level 100 when Inqs become a garbage class.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Every class can solo with a merc.

No one can really comment on BoL because it's only in beta right now.
  5. questcraft Member

my experience with Templar leveling was nothing but pain, even with a merc it was slow. I recommend boost, power level, or possibly play inquis (I hear damage is way much better) as others have said. I can't comment on 100-110 Templar but I Do get the impression they get some love that makes them much more playable..
  6. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

If you like healers - Templar, Warden or Mystic
  7. Doctor New Member

Hi, templar dps is still awful. You can only rely on your Ascension.

I dusted out my Templar to give it a try with the free gear and the solo zones took me for ever to clear.

It took me an average of 20 minutes per boss to kill them with a merc.

So it took me like 2 hours to clear a solo zone when with my scout, it takes me max 15 minutes.

I haven't try other healers because I only have a temp 110 with 2.0
  8. quisling Well-Known Member

yeah...the hammer is okay...but after than templars have no offensive class spells that matter
  9. Ragna Well-Known Member

Well, every merc can solo with a class pre-100 :p
    Momo likes this.
  10. EQ_Jack Active Member

Haha that’s pretty much it.
  11. EQ_Jack Active Member

i hear ya. My dps classes blow through the solo zones. Healer...well... if you like super slow fights and spending an entire game session on one zone sure... they are great!