Templar's Divinity's Aid Prestige Line Issues

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Daalilama, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Divinity's Aid Prestige Line
    The right side prestige for the templar offers a nice mix of utility (group power regen), survivability (single target ward and increased healing recieved of target by 30%) and dps (damage proc and component attached to our single target reactive and passives) on paper. However, the mechanics of the Divinity's Aid line require that we intentionally allow our single target reactives (Vital Intercession) to expire natually thus setting off the subprocs (this mechanic basically goes against our very nature of letting reactives expire natually especially in a raid situation as things can change on the fly very fast). In addition, the general duration of only 6 seconds for the procs is completely inadequate.

Divinity's Aid
    (Vital Intercession will apply an effect that increases healing recieved by 30% when it expires naturally). Currently this does not apply to wards including Repent (which is a templars bread and butter on single target heals) and needs to be looked at.

Solutions:
    This ability must apply to wards as well to make this ability and this line a desireable option otherwise this line will become mostly an unused choice.
    The standard duration of Divinity's Aid and its sub-procs currently stands at 6 seconds which is woefully short when compared to many standard heal procs in game that last upwards of 30 seconds. As such, kindly change the duration of them all to 10 - 15 seconds.

Divinity's Punishment
    (Divinity's Aid will grant a chance to inflict damage when the ally attacks). Currently this ability has a 50% chance to proc when its active. In addition, this ability suffers from the 6 second duration this entire line does and needs to be increased (the 10-15 second duration suggested for Divinity's Aid). "A proc chance on a short duration buff that you cannot control is a big problem. Sometimes you get absolutely nothing out of it. The damage numbers are good, but the problems in triggering that damage are troublesome." (Hat-tip to EQAditu)

Solutions:
    Change the proc chance from the current 50% it is now to 100%.
    Since the duration of this proc is tied to the duration of Divinity's Aid's short 6 second duration, same fix as suggested above and increase to 10 - 15 seconds.

Divine Mana
    (Divinity's Mana will have a chance to restore .4% power per point to the targets group when attacking). This ability looks really good on paper, a power regen for the the templars group is great since we have no inate ability to get power, but it has some serious issues. First off it has a 50% chance to proc power to the group (again attached to the unnatural mechanics of the Divinity's Aid) and the returns on this ability when and if it procs is seriously abysmal to the point of not even bothering to put even 1 point in.
    Solutions:
    Please change the % per point from the lackluster amount of .4% per point (1.2% when/if maxed out) to at least 1% per point (3% when/if maxed).
    Change this ability's proc chance when up from the sad 50% chance to 100%. In addition, this seriously needs to be allowed to crit to get any sort of worthy numbers to warrant anyone to take this ability.
    Finally, again this is subjugated to the Divinity's Aid general mechanic and as such stuck at a 6 second duration, same recommended fix by increasing duration from 6 seconds to 10-15 seconds.

Barrier of Divinity
    (Barrier of Divinity will ward the target for a small amount of damage). I have been seeing some nice returns on this so I dont have an issue with this ability, however its only major drawback is its exceedingly short duration (6 seconds via Divinity's Aid subproc mechanics). Would have like this ability to be also attached to our group reactive as well maybe with a ward amount for say 1/2 of the base of vital intercession's ward amount but applying that individual ward to each person in the group would give this ability some enhanced versitility.
    Solutions:
    If Divinity's Aid's mechanics is changed to a 10 - 15 second duration as suggested previously, this will be a very solid ability.
    Consider allowing Holy Intercession to be added as well to this ability with an individual ward applied to each person in the group with an amount of 1/2 of the base of Barrier of Divinity's ward amount thats applied to Vital Intercession.
    Finally, again this is subjugated to the Divinity's Aid general mechanic and as such stuck at a 6 second duration, same recommended fix by increasing duration from 6 seconds to 10-15 seconds.

Wrath of Divinity
    (Wrath of Divinity will apply an incremental damage proc to mark of divinity, involuntary gift, divine fate of healing/fate of healing when casting damage spells). I have no complaints on this damage amount is decent and max increments is relatively easy to maintain. Sadly mechanics wise this is the best ability choice from the Divinity's Aid line in its current form, which stinks as its the endline.
  2. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Hopefully we can get some love on this line...
  3. Bolbir Active Member

Agree on everything here!
  4. Daalilama Well-Known Member

TBH I'm testing out the left side line and aside from a few quirks its not bad especially for some of the hm scripts but still missing right side broken abilities and illogical mechanics and all.....thing is currently templars only have 1 full side (with few minor issues) Sanctify, and 2 abilities of the right side(the many issues cited above) even worth using....leaving wards out of divinitys aid is a poor oversight at best and leads to the conclusion not one dev plays a templar at any level other than a beta buffed lowbie...sadface.
  5. Balbasur Active Member

I use to think Templars were just underpowered, but then I realized Inquisitors were overpowered. I feel like SOE should remove the group cure off their mythical and turn it into some damage proc or something; maybe like a death save as the INQ mythical stand atm it is just too over powered.
  6. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Comparing my temp's prestige versus my inquis...yeah we kinda got shafted by the fact the right side is broken and its mechanics doesnt make sense at all from a healers perspective....where as my inquis prestige both sides are nice....although I tend to believe the inquis left side prob suits a templar more but what is what is....not looking to nerf their mythical clicky...tbh does no good to make that drastic a change and its way too late for that...however with that said we should have 2 working prestige lines and our concerns about the issues on both (which were repeatedly brought up in beta) should be taken into account and not ignored yet again.
  7. dahmerkitten New Member

Speaking of mythicals..

It would be really nice if ours didn't heal the mob on nearly all of these new raid bosses this expansion. Yay for negative dps!

Anyhow~ I never fully understood the right side and how it was meant to be fully utilized in a raid environment. During Beta Xelgad posted that it was intended to be used for the "OT templar" That alone was laughable and more than enough to keep me from posting any further.

But~ Blessings, overtime really has become worthless. Procs don't crit anymore, and half of all procs arn't even modifiable. To put it in perspective...Every dps would rather take additional pot/cb over a lame damage proc. Which leads me to next point......

Wrath of Divinity: Would be really nice if this was a Group Wide damage proc considering we are now the only the only priest without one. Like seriously guys, please make this happen!

Within the first month of this expansion we cleared everything up to drinal 3 & 4 because it has been broke.

With nearly every single encounter being turn and burn, What is the real point of maintaining a Templar on your roster?

Side note:

Yes inqs got lots of love, and i have been really enjoying playing mine this xpac. ~ Although, i found it a little funny that every single thing they asked to get on their Mythical Cloak they got in their prestige's.(and got an upgraded cloak)

Group Ward, Inquest giving power to the grp. FD procing on heals. Everything was per request from them in that thread.
  8. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Every temp I've talked to about our prestiges has basically said they have no clue what they intended or were thinking with the right side mechanics first off and those that have tried it have pretty much come back with the same issues I brought up...

As I stated earlier most of what I brought up about concerns and issues with the right side myself and others tried repeatedly to bring up during beta only to get the feeling of being ignored on our concerns....again just like when the initial prestige abilities were on test (Xelgad's lack of a response to the templar feedback thread was almost comical if it wasnt sad and the one or 2 times he did manage to chime in were interestingly enough within hours of me sending private mail to every dev and the head of community relations).

Last I checked Smedly said they had improved the 2 way street of community relations for all their games (granted that was for their photo-op for EQnext) as you can see here the lack of any response on what amounts to an unfinished prestige line not ability is garbage.
  9. Daalilama Well-Known Member

With the holiday break over (fingers crossed) that we may a red text to review this breakdown of the right side prestige problems....just a one line stating "we are looking into it" would be nice for once.