Templar soloing mobs

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Fizzles Inapinch, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Fizzles Inapinch New Member

I have found since using the lvl 125 potion on my Templar Fizzelz on Maj'Dal that it takes an hour or more to kill a even mob. Yes I upgraded my spells (not all grandmaster) and that has not helped. I have not been able to do solo quest or continue crafting timelines, Not even the holiday mobs. It should not take a hour to kill a patcthwork mob with a lvl 125 templar.. Can you please look into this
    Thank you
    Fizzelz In'APinch
    Twyla likes this.
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

In a zone or in overland ?

And which mob in which zone ?
  3. DENSER Well-Known Member

4. Escape Goat Member

I had the same problem as a Defiler. I could fight a named mob for over 10 minutes in a solo zone. I wouldn't take damage but I couldn't give any either. It's the very definition of tedious. I went into a zone required by a solo quest and it would take so long that I just gave up. Absolutely ridiculous. The game has fallen victim to Stat bloat and unless you have friends to carry you through you'll be unsubscribing before too long.
    Lysia and Twyla like this.
  5. Kari Well-Known Member

The guide that was linked is a good one to follow for gearing up. Also the mercenaries can help, if nothing else, bring along an inquis merc so it can verdict the mob for you at 12%.

For something more templar specific, your best dps is from your Unswerving Hammer, Rapturous Strike II, Reveal Fate II, and the prestige ward Bulwark of Fate. You won't be able to get the prestige ward for a while, but if you can craft up the other three skills to Expert and use them in combat, that should help. If you take the skill Exorcise in the cleric AA tab, that does a constant aoe pulse damage to mobs when you are engaged, and it is really helpful in solos.

If you need help getting your experts made, you can contact me on Karika or Kari. I have a sage that can help.
  6. Fizzles Inapinch New Member

All of them :(
  7. Lysia Active Member

I found that after I started to use a crossbow (master crafted rare, not from a raid)
    it got a lot better for my little Templar - thank you DB for letting us use crossbows !
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If this Fizzelz is you, then some suggestions:

(1) You have on a mix of harvesting gear (Cloak of the Harvester, Othmir Shell Armor, Deckhand Labor Boots, Earring of the Solstice, Girdle of the Vigilant) and adventure gear. You want to have two sets: one for just harvesting, and one for just adventuring. I recommend a third set for just crafting myself.

(1A) For your adventuring gear, as has already been recommended, take a look at my VoV Gear Guide. You want to completely update everything. Your weapon is a Panda Hua Jubilee, for example, and there's a better replacement for it in Tishan's Lockbox in Svarni Expanse.

Once you have the gear updated properly, then redo your adorns. There's step-by-step info in the VoV Gear Guide. Basically, you want Panda Hua Mein adorns, not Acrylia, for the white adorns.

Where possible, instead of Abysmal Sea Rune: Blissful Thought, go for the Force Projection red runes that convey Potency. Potency is the big thing you are after.

(1B) There is more crafting and harvesting gear to be had out there. Although a little dated now, this thread on tradeskill and harvesting gear may help you a bunch in adding to your collection.

(1C) When harvesting in harvesting gear, you can and probably should try to avoid the local wildlife. Generally your stats overall drop a ton in your crafting/harvesting gear, making it way more difficult to fight anything. If you draw aggo, try sprinting away then quickly using Gigglegibber's Secret of Death to feign death (these are Tinkered baubles).

(1D) Look in your Character window for the Sets option. Create a Set for just your adventuring gear, name it something logical (I call mine War Gear), and save it. Then create a new set called something like "Harvesting", equip all your harvesting gear, and then save that. If you have crafting gear, repeat the process and make a "Crafting" set. I also have sets for Tinkering and Transmuting.

(2) You are using food and drink from several expansions back. Get some VoV 5-hour good-quality food and drink with useful stats, such as Karuupa Candies Kumquat and Vetrovia Midnight Vintage.

(3) The name of the game in VoV is lots of Potency. Ultimately, you will want your Potency to be higher than 600,000. Aside from that, a Templar's main stat is Wisdom. You will however want to carry some Dreadfell Elixir of Intellect, because they boost Potency. You will also want to get some Extended Bloodbound Insight temporary adorns to further boost your Potency. And you will want 11 Svarni Barding of the Potent to boost Potency. And so on.
    Miauler and Twyla like this.
  9. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Er - this might just be because he was in fact harvesting when eq2wire polled him....
  10. DENSER Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure, in my opinion he needs to overhaul his character deeply. we all spent time doing it for those who took a break.
    Personally, 2 months for me to learn how to play properly after 10 years of absence
  11. DENSER Well-Known Member

In my opinion she/he uses this character mainly for crafting and wanting to try the adventure side, confronts the prerequisites of stats, addorns and so on that are likely to discourage hier/him.
    Courage! ;)