templar reactive heals and Shaman wards

Discussion in 'Templar' started by ARCHIVED-zubad, Mar 1, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

PeterJohn wrote:
    Would love to see that change implemented though I fear they may break more than fix with heal mechanics but I agree way heals work today its basicly wards>reactives(when they actually trigger and heal instead of healing for 0)>hots (though this is debatable now considering some det ticks bypass reactives after first trigger if we're lucky). Baring that if they wont fix game mechanics how bout giving us a group wide repent as well....hey I can dream cant I
  2. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

I am going to point out that reactives do not trigger when target takes a multiattack or a flurry hit. Other classes have similar triggers which DO trigger off of a multiattack or flurry hit.
    See for example the Shadowknight's Innoruuk's Caress... this is supposed to trigger when the SK takes damage from a melee weapon... Here is a parse example: (player names changed to initials to protect the innocent or guilty)
    [Mon Apr 30 22:03:27 2012] Malignon Voidcaller tries to slash T, but K blocks.
    [Mon Apr 30 22:03:27 2012] K tries to confound Malignon Voidcaller with Provoking Counterattack, but Malignon Voidcaller resists.
    [Mon Apr 30 22:03:27 2012] T's Aura of Leadership absorbs 487 points of damage from being done to T.
    [Mon Apr 30 22:03:27 2012] E's Runic Armor absorbs 1166 points of damage from being done to T.
    [Mon Apr 30 22:03:27 2012] E's Revered Lands absorbs 100 points of damage from being done to T.
    [Mon Apr 30 22:03:27 2012] T's Deathless Devotion absorbs 1200 points of damage from being done to T.
    [Mon Apr 30 22:03:27 2012] E's Umbral Barrier absorbs 9662 points of damage from being done to T.
    [Mon Apr 30 22:03:27 2012] Malignon Voidcaller multi attacks T but fails to inflict any damage.
    [Mon Apr 30 22:03:27 2012] T's Caress Feedback critically hits Malignon Voidcaller for 2163 disease damage.
    [Mon Apr 30 22:03:27 2012] T's Caress Feedback critically increases THEIR hate with Malignon Voidcaller by 3008 threat.
    So any theory that a multiattack or flurry hit counts as a "proc" and thus does not cause triggers to go off is out the window... Reactives have been selectively made to NOT trigger off those multiattacks or flurries. It would actually seem that multiattacks and flurries were made specifically to reduce the effectiveness of clerics and their reactive heals?
    Note also that Divine Guidance (another cleric heal when target takes damage) also does not trigger off multiattacks and flurries.