Temp Buffs

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-BlueX, Jul 2, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-BlueX Guest

I'm trying to figure out the best use of my temp buffs... specifically Inspired Daring, En Garde, and also Dance of Metal. My first thought was that I should use them with aoes to get maximal damage, but I'm not sure if Inspired Daring procs off CAs. And I'm not sure if the other 2 proc off of all hits of an ae or only the first. Does anyone have these answers?
    Thanks,
  2. ARCHIVED-Delowen Guest

Inspired daring is great to use just before you AE since it procs on all successful hits. Its somewhat of a long casting time until you get Swarthy Expertise but if you have a lot of AE targets it is worth it. If you dont use it prior to AEs trigger it just before the mob reaches you so you can start with it up (so you dont have to wait for it to cast during combat). Just make sure if you open with it in a group/raid you manage your agro! If your soloing use it whenever you need extra DPS (names mobs, bad situations, etc)
    En Garde is good pretty much anytime, its very very useful when you are engaging Brawlers since they have such high avoidance abilities. En Garde will only proc off you avoiding an attack, your target avoiding your attack or it has a chance to trigger off a successful combat execution. You will get really good DPS numbers from this temp buff, it is one of our best so make sure to invest in the AAs to enhance it ASAP.
    Dance of Metal places a temporary buff on you that has a limited duration, each time you execute a CA successfully it will trigger and the buff on you will be replaced with another that has a shorter duration up to 8 times. This continues in that fashion until you have either A) Completed 8 successful CA executions within the time allowed on the buff, or, B) The timer on the buff lapses and the buff drops.
    The best time to use DoM is whenever you feel confident you will not pull agro (if grouped/raiding) and have enough CAs up to complete the chain within the allotted time. Otherwise use it when soloing whenever you need that extra boost of DPS, its recast time isnt terrible so realistically you could use it each time its up when soloing.
  3. ARCHIVED-BlueX Guest

Thanks for the info!
    By the way, I briefly played with the training dummy (group of heroic ones) last night, and it appears that DoM fires off of ae hits too. I hit DoM, then Dashing Swathe, and ACT reports that DoM did 20 or 30k. I'll play with it some more when I get time to make sure all 8 triggers were used. But anyway, that's good news for parses if I can manage to not pull aggro.
  4. ARCHIVED-Crewzer Guest

I have been told that DOM does not work with AE's. I am not certain, can someone please clarify with certainty?
  5. ARCHIVED-xKHONSx Guest

It does work with our AE's. Each mob the AE hits will trigger one of the procs, but at the same time if it misses a mob the ability will reset the procs. It is an easy way to get the first few procs out of the way to get to the meat and potatoes of the ability. I don't recommend using back to back AE's to trigger all 8 procs since the bigger procs won't be landing on the fully debuffed mob and therefore wont hit as hard.
  6. ARCHIVED-Daladfar Guest

Thats nice to know but ive hit the dummy's and i only get 7 triggers when i use a Ae -- act only shows regular ca's triggering it not one of our Ae's -- ill keep hitting and watch act
    Just done some dummy's it is confirmed like they say but so far only Lucky Gambit will trigger it none of the others