Teleport Pads on the Fritz?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Wizzam, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Wizzam Well-Known Member

So my guild leader over on AB asked if I had any ideas on making a trophy room for the T3 Ant hall. He was looking for something their collection could grow in to. I excitedly took on the job and a few hours later this was the result. The next morning, I logged in (this morning) and he asked, Hey Wiz, where's the main port pad? I was like, wut?! I went to it and it was missing. So I flew around and realized more were missing. Checking the moving crate, 8 were placed, and 6 were in the crate. Ok, so I tried to move one out of the crate, and it wouldn't let me. It didn't say I couldn't, but it just didn't move. And one of the placed port pads had it's name changed to the name of a missing pad.
    My question, has anyone come across this? Of course, I feel terrible now, as this could very well be from something I did. I use the editor in every decorating thing I do, so maybe that had a hand in it? I even reloaded the saved layout from last night but that did nothing. He's not upset in the least, and is very relaxed about the whole thing, which I appreciate. But I still feel badly.

[IMG]

Thanks!
    ~Wiz
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

This sounds like a bug for sure. I've been having trouble in houses with them renaming themselves then later going back to what they were. I'm not sure what the trouble is.
  3. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Right, 8 + 6 = 14 so it sounds like you have both the Localized GH Teleportation Network and the Expanded GH Teleportation Network?
    I remember there was a thread a while back saying that that was a bad idea, leading to missing pads and such.
  4. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Yes, I just double checked, they do have both the Localized and Expanded. That's strange that it would be a bad idea, if the game allows both at the same time.
  5. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

6. Wizzam Well-Known Member

7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be the plat that would bother me (the gods know it's as easy as sneezing during Blooming Season to get that stuff), it would be "wasting" the 5 million status. :(

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Avarice Member

I ran into this today. Step out of the guildhall for a few minutes, long enough for the zone/instance to 'despawn', and the pads work when you go back in. To be clear, I had the localized set in my T3 Commonlands guildhall already, then bought expanded, then placed some new teleport pads from expanded that would be replacing the others, then removed the localized amenity. At first, the new pads didn't work and relogging to myself didn't work. But waiting a few minutes in Commonlands without anybody in the guildhall fixed everything. I did not need to remove/rebuy expanded.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Mine has never worked. I had the small one, bought the big one, found this thread, sold them both back and bought just the big one and it still will not let me place more pads then the small one will allow.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hang on, this is for the T3-T4 guild halls? Aren't they supposed to have EIGHT placeable teleport pads as part of their network amenity? You need at least that many to get around those huge places! :(

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I wasted like 15 million status trying to get the expanded teleportation network to work, finally I just gave up. I still have it but it only lets me place 8 pads instead of the 14 that I am supposed to be able to place. I do not have the localized teleportation network as I sold that back. I have also sold back the expanded teleportation network so that I had no network in my T4 and started over fresh by buying only the expanded teleportation network and I still can only place the 8 pads. Its been 3 years now. I have petitioned to no avail, I have /bugged it, no dice. I gave up.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OW! Jeez, that sucks. :(

I'm kind of shocked no one responded at all about it in any way...maybe Dreamweaver could poke one of the techs/devs? :-/

Maybe it's now a feature and they don't want to admit it? :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.