Teku weapon procs

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Twyxx, Sep 29, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Twyxx Guest

I am using Conflict, Bow of Sanguine Fields and Kraden, Eradication Blade and am not seeing the proc's perform as stated in the description.
    The two procs on the weapons are Tyranny of the Devout and Reign of Terror. Both are group stat procs with a damage component.
    The other procs I run are: Major Rain of Blades, Greater Magnitude, Pure Viciousness, Major Siphoning Eulogy, Shrapnel, Talon Strike, Desolating Rampage.
    Here is a boar plus trash parse from two days ago: Only Tyranny is proc'ing, no Reign of Terror hits in over an hour.
    [IMG]
    Here is Berik and Eriak (each took a few pulls...total 28 mins worth of fighting). Reign of Terror procs very little (27 ticks in 28 mins...should be 5 hits per proc) and Tyrrany of the Devout didn't proc at all.
    [IMG]

Then here's the rest of the zone: Glokus thru Teku (40 mins worth of fighting). Only 24 ticks of Reign of Terror and again zero Tyranny of the Devout.
    [IMG]

Testing on Dummies is equally unreliable. Tyranny was proc'ing on maybe every fourth dummy kill and I couldn't get Reign of Terror to proc at all on a dummy. I tried taking out the bow to see if the blade would proc and it didn't. Tried taking the blade out to get the bow to proc more and it didn't make any difference.
    Since it's happening on dummies it can't just be another player in group with the proc over-writing it. One of our dirges just got the bow as well at end of raid and couldn't get it to proc on a dummy at all.
    So, not sure what the bug is but these procs are what make the Teku weapons so powerful, but they're not working.
    Can you check see if you can figure it out?
    Thanks!
    Twyxx
  2. ARCHIVED-Hennyo Guest

The issue of proc confusion is a large one with modern items, and here are some ideas to fix this. The core issue with proc issue in the game is that the players are left in the dark about almost all the finer details about a proc from the description alone, and to learn these detail requires extensive testing through trial and error. So here is my proposal to change the way proc information is shown on an item to fix these issues. First display the proc name as it currently is, on the very next line have a proc code that shows exactly what the proc is considered on the back end. This code should be the same on all procs that the game considers to be the same proc from the back end, and not rely on players having to guess if one similar effect will stack with another proc or not. The next line on a proc should contain a coded information line, that represents every little detail about a proc. To decode this line, since it would only be a line of numbers, letters, and spaces would require something like a stickied dev decoding item proc post on the item forum. Here is some information that could be included in this line; effected by potency, effected by proc rate increases, effected by criticals, clicky reuse effected by stats, dot component effected by potency, regenerating ward effected by potency, regenerating ward amount hard capped, effect works in pvp, clicky effect can be cast under which control effects, aoe proc damage is blue or green, effect can stack with other players same effect, and effect modified by primary stats ( str, agi, wis, int). That is just a few examples of various bits of data that could be included in that line, of course every proc would have different information it needed. Last but not least, one more change should be made to the way procs are currently listed on items. Currently a proc is listed multiple times for every different thing that can trigger it. What should be done is that a single line should be used and it should list every thing that can trigger a proc on it, like this: This effect triggers on, any combat hit, any hostile spell cast. Then after that line, then put in the proc description, but leave out stuff like this proc doesn't work in pvp, or can't be modified except by direct means, because all that information is in the coded information line. I would to end this with, through out the many years I have played this game since it came out, all the way back to the very start, that item procs have the subject of more confusion, exploits, disappointment, stealth nerfs, and various other issues than anything else that I have seen when it comes to itemization. If an overhaul to the up front information about procs was done like this, most of these issues would vanish.
  3. ARCHIVED-Twyxx Guest

A lil Monday-morning-Kander-look-here-please bump...
  4. ARCHIVED-Kander Guest

I'll look at it today. Sorry for the delay.
  5. ARCHIVED-Twyxx Guest

Lookin' good (on dummy tests at least). Thanks, K.
  6. ARCHIVED-tomsky Guest

So did this fix work on items such as This (Not had hotfix till the morning on SP so can't test, but patch notes said nothing), or have all the broken Teku items that are replicated with the ST named broken too?