Tears of Veeshan Open Beta

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Kodimus New Member

Merc slots are a convenience, so I'm not surprised that it costs station cash. Or are you saying the mercenaries themselves now cost station cash?
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

I'll wait...want it to be a complete unknown when it rolls out. More fun that way.
  3. Virgatus Member

I missed the beta for the past two expansions, so I'm excited to take a sneak peak this year.
  4. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

they may be seeing in the market place, back on the 1st all of the AOD features became purchasable on the marketplace individually or all for a set price
  5. CoffeeGeek New Member

yes i have validated the files and still no go............if someone can help thanks in advance..........this is what i have done.
    downloaded tov changed server to beta....loaded the game but before it gets to character select it bombs
    i have as said above i have validated the files. i have tried loading this on two computers and i get bombed on both computers
  6. PandaBear New Member

You could try deleting your cache folder...I know it works with a lot of log in issues with EQ2...or get a rl friend to log you in and move you to a different zone than you were on live.
  7. Seni Active Member

Do you use a custom UI like Drums or Profit? This sometimes causes me problems with changes to live/beta that haven't been updated in Profit yet. The UI authors can't update until they see the changes themselves, so you'd either have to give it some time or switch to the default UI temporarily.
  8. Virgatus Member

A lot of us in my guild were excited about the idea of being able to switch between mercs, but having to use station cash deflated that excitement. I'm not going to spend SC every time i want to switch to my elite merc.
  9. Bashem Well-Known Member

So is this a known fact about switching mercs or still unknown atm?
  10. Virgatus Member

I just tested it and as it stands right now you have to unlock the merc you want to switch to by paying 250sc. It looks like you only have to pay for the unlock once though for each merc.
  11. Sapienta Active Member

Is that a per character unlock or per account unlock? I was VERY excited about this feature, but now, not so much.
  12. Hanab Member

Im having the same issues with the Beta crashing... Worked fine yesterday and today nothing..
    Getting a blackscreen and with the mousepointer as it should... and just nothing... It doesnt even run in the background when im looking on Taskmanager... The firewall isnt blocking it.. Anyone have any idea?
  13. Nightshade New Member

Thanks for this. I looked around for something like this, but either am blind or it's non-existent, or buried.

The developers should add this to a sticky or something, if they haven't already. For those who have metered bandwidth and don't want to be downloading 15gb of data for no reason whatsoever.
  14. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Yeah, okay, NOT paying SC to unlock a merc I've hired when I've already paid for the ability to use them.
  15. Tineren Active Member

It's really just another way for them to make the 500 monthly SC for a subscription seem useful. They have also lowered the unlock fee to 100 SC (it's worth noting though that you'll really want a minimum of 2 unlocked mercs, so it really starts at 200 SC per char).
  16. ZUES Well-Known Member

I completely agree. We've already paid for an expansion that was to include mercs, tradeskill apprentices and more. I'm not paying again and it urks me that they would have the gull to ask. By the way, does TOV include COE and all previous content?