Tears of Veeshan: Falling Tears

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by High Elf, Mar 6, 2014.

1. High Elf Active Member

I've done this whole quest series and am now on the last part of it in The Nexus Core: The Shattered Heart.
    I killed the first core guardian, but could not kill the second one yet. I was in there so long that the platform before the hall to the north went down and I could not proceed. I had to leave and now it's reset back to where I have to start over again by replacing the heart.

Can anyone give me advice on how to finish this? I am stuck on this part right now: Destroy the three Tears of Veeshan before the Awakened can seize them. Also, the very last step where you have to kill Commander Raklish sounds very difficult. This is solo and you can't bring your merc. Can you bring a friend to help? I need to do something more to get this done I think. Any suggestions?
  2. High Elf Active Member

The only writeup I could find for this part of the quest looks good, but this is not how it happened for me.

http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/eq2_zone:The_Nexus_Core:_The_Shattered_Heart

What happened when I was in there was I went down the east hall (to the right as you go in) and killed the first core guardian. Then the only door that was open was the door to the north and that is where I was trying to kill the second core guardian.

The wiki says to do them in east, north, then west so that matches more of what happened to me. But, looking at the wiki did not help me in this fight.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Tears_of_Veeshan:_Falling_Tears
  3. High Elf Active Member

I just finished this quest. It took me from when I last posted until now. This time I just clicked on the core instead of right-clicking and things were a lot different. Even the buffs I got were better this time.

The writeup on ZAM was what I used this time and it was correct. The ZAM link I posted above is the way to do this.

A few comments I have for SOE about this Nexus part of the quest.

1. You can kill my character, no doubt. Big Deal, it's not even a fair fight.

2. You can throw my character around the room. Big Deal, It's getting old already.

3. Having fights where I lose complete control of my character is not enjoyable to me.

4. I finished this quest, but am losing my desire to play this game due to unfair fights like this.

5. My computer which is top end could not handle the graphics during most of this part of the quest. So, what's the point?

I hope this does not offend anyone, but instead prompts some changes to this miserable quest.
  4. Jolemai Active Member

Was struggling inside here last night. Couldn't work out why everything was stoneskinned. Then I read on ZAM that a Necro should turn Lich off and I started to kill stuff...

Seems like I needed to kill the first wave of adds to get the ramp to raise, then I went for the red crystal before my server went offline...

I would recommend just trying again and try to put out as much DPS as possible. Yes, I know you're a Templar but :)
  5. High Elf Active Member

I completed it thanks.
    Charlice likes this.
  6. Charlice Well-Known Member

I absolutely hated that part of the quest, and I hate Nexus Core with a passion. Don't let it put you off, just stay away from Nexus ... forever.

Have fun :)
    High Elf likes this.
  7. Jolemai Active Member

Noticed. You ninja'd my reply!
  8. Asuna Member

When I try to do the quest I zone in Lendinara boosts my stats and the aerakyn attack me. I run into the east hall and the doors lock on both ends and then I quick travel back out and try again to run into the same problem no matter which hall I go down. I don't know why it won't let me finish it. If anyone knows why this is happening to me I would greatly appreciate your advice. :)
  9. elflover Well-Known Member

Asuna , when you go down each hall way and the doors locked behind you there are some mobs you kill and then the doors open up to let you continue. If you kill them before the doors closed you get locked in.