Fixed Internally Tarsil, the Pure is not a part of my Mercenary Battalion

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Evguenil62, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Tarsil is level 13 and she is not giving me Battalion buff. Is it only me or you also have similar problem with missing buff from Tarsil?
    Merriel, Perciful, Nabu and 3 others like this.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I'm getting the buff from Tarsil.
    Cyrrena and Evguenil62 like this.
  3. Moss Well-Known Member

1) just to be sure : did you use dbc to unlock it permanently ?

locked mercenaries does not give any buff, look at your mercenary window, it should be present under "Hire Anywhere" with a green checkmark icon on the left, and not under "Restricted" with a lock icon on the left

2) you could also try to switch it with another merc to force the buff to refresh

when you switch with another mercenary did your fervor/crit bonus change ?

3) did you you use the "Enable Spell Filtering" option

some buffs could be hidden after a wrong right click in the interface in that case try the command :

/hidden_effects list

and look for a message like the following in one of your chat windows
    ID 673347220: Mercenary Battalion: Blood of Luclin

if you see it, type the fllowing command to unhide it
    /hidden_effects delete 673347220 (replace number with the one you find in your chat window)
  4. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Yes, I have unlocked Tarsil. I have about 10 unlocked mercenaries. Each of my unlocked mercenaries above level 5 provides a Battalion Buff except for Tarsil.
    I have tried to switch mercenaries, dismiss, logout, zone in/out - nothing helped me with Tarsil's buff.
    One interesting thing I have noticed. If I dismiss Tarsil and I try to re-hire it from "original" location (as it is shown in EQ2Maps), Tarsil is not there, so I cannot re-hire Trasil from original location, but I still can activate her because she is on a list of unlocked mercenaries.

I'll try /hidden_effect list command to see if I can do anything with it, thank you
    Perciful, Nabu and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Can you get some screenshots showing what you are seeing vis à vis Tarsil and the Battalion Buff? That might help whoever has to diagnose the issue.
    Nabu, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

1. The Dark Ones mercenary, level 20, unlocked.
    When I activate it I get a new buff that looks like a golden coin with a healer symbol on it
    When I hover with my mouse over this golden coin icon I get the following details:
    Mercenary Battalion, Shattered Lands (Healer):
    * Increases Fervor of caster by 13.8
    * Increases Ability Mod of caster by 345,839.0

2. Tarsil, the Pure mercenary, level 13, unlocked.
    When I activate it I get a new buff that looks like a golden coin with two cross-swords on it
    When I hover with my mouse over this golden coin icon I get the following details:
    Mercenary Battalion, Blood of Luclin (Melee):
    * Increase your unlocked mercenaries ranks to contribute further to this buff! Every cumulative 20% will increase the effect.

3. Raffik mercenary, level 5, unlocked
    When I activate it I get a new buff that looks like a golden coin with a healer symbol on it
    Mercenary Battalion, Shattered Lands (Healer):
    * Increases Fervor of caster by 5.3
    * Increases Ability Mod of caster by 132,354.7

-------
    My Fervor is 155.2 when I don't have any active mercenary and no active Battalion Buff
    My Fervor is 169.0 when The Dark Ones is active
    My Fervor is 155.2 when Tarsil is active
    My Fervor is 160.5 when Raffik is active
    --------
    Nabu and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I think I understand it now. When I call Vylkorin, the Vile, it says

4. Vylkorin, the Vile, mercenary, level 1, unlocked.
    Mercenary Battalion, Blood of Luclin (Healer):
    * Increase your unlocked mercenaries ranks to contribute further to this buff! Every cumulative 20% will increase the effect.
    * When you summon a Blood of Luclin mercenary that has been unlocked to hire anywhere and is Rank 5 or above it, it will add the contribution to the Mercenary Battalion: Blood of Luclin persistent buff. Contribution for that mercenary will increase at ranks 5,10,20 and 25.

So I guess I need to level my Vylkorin up to level 5 at least to get Mercenary Battalion: Blood of Luclin buff because right now only one mercenary, Tarsil, contributes 12% to the Mercenary Battalion: Blood of Luclin buff, but I need at least 20% of contribution to have it active!
    Nabu, Argosunited and Merriel like this.
  8. Nabu veteran infrequent poster

Similar problems to others. Have multiple mercs at rank 20, including Tarsil and Vilkorin from BoL, but neither Vilkorin or Tarsil contribute to Battalion Buff, even though they are level 20. Tried summoning, logging, back to original place etc. Nothing works to get the buff from them.

Any ideas would be super useful.

Thanks, Nabu
    (on Thurgardin if you're about)
    Perciful likes this.
  9. Nabu veteran infrequent poster

I have Horsith, Tarsil and Vilkorin. All are level 20 and unlocked, but I get nothing from any of them... Tried summoning, dismissing, zoning, re-logging, re-summoning. Nothing... Petition say - "Sorry, can't help", Bug not dealt with.. It seems it is random and a lot of toons have the issues. 10-15 fervor is a lot of difference when it comes to dps and imho needs fixing.
    Perciful likes this.
  10. VagerEq2 New Member

I have similar issue, All of my BoL Merc's give no bonus, all of them above level 5. Ive tried dropping/rehiring/etc with no joy. Needs fixing.
    Perciful likes this.
  11. Perciful Active Member

I have same bug in that BOL Mercs do not give Buff. Apparently there might be a bug when you level any of the old mercs (Shattered Land Buff) - you might loose any BOL buffs from the new Mercs. The old Shattered Land Mercs dont contribute to BOL mercenary buff and if you worked to level the old mercs, it negates the new mercs. Been this way for a while. I have been making do with old Mercs since BOL launch.
    Evguenil62 likes this.
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

I understand now what the OP was stating. I have several mercenaries at level 5 and one at level 20. Every single one of my mercenaries, when I call them out and right click to examine, tell me that my total contribution points are 22 out of 100. With exception of Tarsil. Tarsil is level 5 and when I examine him, it says he is contributing 3 points and that my total contribution is 3 out of 100.

Also, my friend, Vasciagio gets 25/100 from all his mercs, with exception of Tarsil. His Tarsil is level 10 and it tells him Tarsil is contributing 6 points and the total contribution is 6/100.

Therefore, Tarsil is ignoring the total contribution and only counting his own contribution in the total contribution.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It sounds like there are a few different issues in this thread. Battalion buff only increases at the 20% marks of contribution so 20 > 40 > 60 > 80 > 100 any contributions in the middle contribute but do not increase the buff.

The player that has level 20 across the board, it sounds like we might need more info on that one since at least as it's explained it should be working.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Merriel Well-Known Member

dreamweaver, when I right click on the mercs to see what it says regarding their contribution to the battalion buff, every single merc contributes some small amount with exception of those that are under level 5. It tells me how much that specific merc is contributing, or if it isn't contributing, it tells me that as well.

It then goes on to tell me the total contribution I am getting in the batallion buff. With Tarsil, it tells me the total contribution is the 3 contribution he is providing. ALL the other mercs tell me that my total contribution is 22 out of 100.

With Vasciagio, it is exactly the same situation, with Tarsil telling him his total contribution is the 6 that his Tarsil is providing to him, but ALL his other mercs tell him his total contribution is 25 out of 100.

I am only bolding these points to make it clear I am speaking of total contribution and not just the individual merc's contribution.

So the messages read like this:

[Merc name here (any merc I own besides Tarsil that is level 5 or higher] has added # contribution points to the Mercenary Battalion Shattered Lands buff, which is currently 22 out of 100.

If the merc is not contributing as it is below level 5, it tells me the merc is not contributing but still tells me my total contribution points are 22 out of 100.

The message for Tarsil only, reads as follows:

Tarsil the Pure has added 3 contribution points to the Mercenary Battalion Shattered Lands buff which is currently 3 out of 100
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

So, dreamweaver, I've read and reread your post on how the battalion buffs work, but I am completely confused on the difference between the Blood of Luclin and Shattered Lands contributions. I reread Tarsil's message and it does indeed say Blood of Luclin, not Shattered Lands in the message.

But from what it sounds like, is that if we are using a Blood of Luclin merc, it is completely wiping out our battalion buff from Shattered Lands mercs and starting over with just the Blood of Luclin merc contribution points.

That seems unfair after all the time spent leveling those mercs. Instead of just wiping out their contributioins, the new mercs from Blood of Luclin should just offer more points than the Shattered Land mercs, but we should still get the Shattered Land contributions as well. I think that if it is done the way I'm reading into your post and what's happening with Tarsil, that this system has been made unnecessarily too complex for the casual players.

Also, if I am reading this right, the current system makes using Blood of Luclin mercs less desirable because currently I can get 22 points from Shattered Land mercs and I can just keep raising that, or I get 3 points from Blood of Luclin and still have a long ways to get Tarsil leveled to even get just 18 points. I spent a lot of time leveling Booghar to 20 and am not inclined to start leveling Blood of Luclin mercs if I can just keep raising my battalion buff with Shattered Land mercs.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue still happening?