Tarinax

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Poopoo, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Poopoo Member

Where is the info for the new TLE server?
  2. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the pvp server is not a TLE server for say but is considered permanent .
  4. Hoiyay Active Member

Still a TLE server...
    Siren likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Yea it is back when I posted this it was still not quite clear , but Tarinnax is supposed to never get merged , that's the difference .
    So it better work out , I think this is our last chance .
  6. Kotter Legendary Member

i keep getting jumped while harvesting.....

they take my rares!

/cry
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  7. Hoiyay Active Member

I'm not sure why, but on this server, its about 100% guarantee to drop rares if you have any on you when you get killed in pvp. Previously it was just a random chance to drop (almost) anything from your bags.
  8. Kotter Legendary Member

i couldn't take it anymore, so i went back to Kaladim like the Carebear i am.
    Schmetterling likes this.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

You should roll a harvester and lock at L9 so you won't lose any rares. You can't be attacked in PvP until level 10, except in end-game zones, which are always unlimited level range areas.

You will be able to harvest rares if you craft with this L9 alt, and raise your crafting skill up high enough. As long as either your adventure level or crafting level is high enough to harvest rares, you'll get them. Right click and on a harvesting node then click "examine." It will tell you what your harvesting level is for that type of mat, and what level it needs to be to harvest rares from the zone you're in.

FYI: Lowbie Scouts have run speed buffs for quicker harvesting through the zones. And even level 1 Scouts also have Player Tracking, so you can also use them as a "zone checker alt" if you PvP with non-Scout classes later on, too. You could even pick a race that reduces the run speed nerf while steathed.

If you accidentally ding 10 eventually, just delete and reroll.

There are other PvP Newbie tips here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/new-to-eq2-pvp.599013/

Kotter likes this.
  10. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

11. Kotter Legendary Member

thnx for info Siren!
    Siren likes this.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

No problem! Good luck, whatever you decide. :)
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I's kill that little harvester toon ( under level 10 ) already in all zones from level 50 zones and up .
    As in look out there is no limit beginning in zones like Everfrost , Lavastorm and Feerreott , that's a far cry from the top zones of this server , that would be KoS .
    When I go in to those zones from now on I shall strip down to my undies , if I get one shot anyway .
    looks around being paranoid . You can's have my cheese sandwich .
    Siren likes this.
  14. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

It is funny how the ego works isn't it. If we get 1 shotted by a raid mob, well that's no good... but okay it happens, and the ego stays small. We expect it and rez up for another pull. This is not something we expect to solo, and we are excited to keep practicing and working for gear and get more players to help and tune the raid setup for an even the playing field.

When we get rolled by a pvp group, well that's no good at all. It happens and we expect it, but then it's not the same is it. Suddenly there is ego because it was another player and not a mob. Now we have feelings, anger, revenge, frustration, bad at game... or victory and trash talking and rubbing it in if we win.
  15. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I recall a Q making a low level toon to trash talk us by calling us "pathetic and weak." I can't remember which raid mobs were current at the time but I think it was Lord Vyemm who said that when he wiped the raid. Not only do mobs trash talk, opposing faction pvpers steal their lines.

Mobs play fairly, players are jerks.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you can't very well be angry at a NPC , Sixgauge .
    If I get caught with my pans down and get robed of 60 % of my coin , I will be angry at myself for not putting the money in to the bank , after all this is PvP and you should expect to get attacked by other players .
    I personally always thought that 60 % is a little steep .

There are mean people everywhere , and merciful ones too , Arielle
    I have met people that saw you struggling with that mob and kill it for you , even that they were from any of the other 2 faction , (don't forget the Exiles) .
    And I have seen those waiting outside an instance to kill you for the loot you just got inside .
    Or wait till your health is down and take advantage of that .

If you don't like those things happen to you , don't play on Tarinax . And if you don't like the mocking , ignore the jerk,
    they want to provoke you to get in to a fight that might not turn out good for you .

There are nasty people on PvE servers too , they are on general Chat on all servers and in all games ,
  17. DENSER Well-Known Member

Nop, i'm 64, and has been killed twice today by 70.
    They just drop common from me