Tarinax patched?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Squall Leonheart, Jul 28, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Krontak Guest

2. ARCHIVED-Adrionica Guest

yes there is a wwkd revolution ishbu is leader and goin off that no mob needs to be discussed at all just ask yourself WWKD and you will have victory so lock every thread in name of wwkd cuz only a newb would ask someone else
  3. ARCHIVED-vinterskugge Guest

It's hardly been changed at all. Got the new one first pull. If you can't kill a **** add every 30 seconds or whatever, you probably couldn't kill it in the first place.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Believe it or not, this post is 10x more comprehensible than his last one.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jounar Guest

The new version is alot more fun to fight than the old Tarinax and over all seems a hell of alot easier imho.
    Message Edited by Jounar on 08-04-2006 11:56 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-MeridianR Guest

Yeah didn't see an issue with him last night - he spawns adds, ok :smileyindifferent: - if you could beat it reliably before he 'changed' you can beat it now.
  7. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

I do wonder if he's working 100% as intended back when KoS first came out now. I do think his AE's and adds are most likely working as intended. But if you recall they did change how both pets and swarmpets died awhile back. Both now post messages as if a player died which is not how they worked when KoS originally came out. Curious if this change to their deaths had never been made if they would still be effected as they are now. Not a huge deal or game breaking effect but just something I noted and thought was odd.
  8. ARCHIVED-Stygx Guest

They are not going to change anything back. They will not take back the qeynos rewards because if they do so , they will have to take back the beyond the death's door rewards. and although that would suit me fine since I want to get to choose that reward again .. well it will not happen.

they are not going to go through everyone's journal to find when he finished those two quests like they did not go through everyone 's journal when ppl were getting the master for poets' access and it was later changed.

As for ppl who were beating tarinax before, most of them will still be able to do so. It will just be easier for us who have been farming him for some time and have some good items /claymore stuff from him. Keyword here is the "some"....

As ppl stated above esp, in light of the new changes, the loot table / qeynos final rewards need re evaluation imo.

anyways .. back to my vex-thal the return crawl (aka hos) :p

Phaerun, 70 Shadowknight of Innoruuk
    Mistmoore

Message Edited by Stygx on 08-05-2006 12:15 AM
  9. ARCHIVED-Gyilok Guest

taking away claymore rewards would be funny but pointless (same as talking about it), since im pretty sure that atleast the first 20-30 guilds that beat tarinax for them, already beat the new version too
  10. ARCHIVED-CalypsoCGN Guest

Ok...this thread made me post my very fist comment on these boards...lol

For my part the downturn is, that it took SoE 5 month to get this encounter to work properly...
    I don't mind, that they changed him...that just means we have to figure out how he works...same as we had to do it with Vyemm while SoE changed him every week!
    Give it a few weeks and he will probably go down like Vyemm did!

Isn't it fun for you guys to stick together with your guild and try to figure out how to kill a mob that is a bit harder, even if you can't kill the mob during the first 3 raids in this zone??? Raiding is NOT all about the loot (well...at least for me).
    It means that you acomplish goal together with you guild, with friends you know for a long time...and if this means, that I have to suffer a lot of deaths to figure out how
    Tarinax works...I'm fine with this (probably because my repairs are the lowest one as cloth wearer :smileyvery-happy:)! There is nothing better than killing a mob that you were struggeling with for a long time...:smileytongue:

And when it comes down to these "uber guilds"...be serious...you should all know, that they are capable of defeating the "new" Tarinax also...

We weren't able to kill him yet, because we saw him first on that weekend when he was "ninja fixed"...so...what's that matter??? We could have had easy loot, if he still would have been the old one, but now we have to take the challenge, which is part of the game. If you have decent players in your guild that are capable to play their class at the very best level, almost every raid-guild should be able to gank this mob, even is it means some try-and-error first!! And for my part...I know that we WILL get him down sooner or later,well...probably sooner :smileywink:

Message Edited by CalypsoCGN on 08-05-2006 06:53 AM
    Message Edited by CalypsoCGN on 08-05-2006 06:55 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-JNewby Guest

see but tha is the point we couldnt kill him in the first place.. only had 1 try at him.. but did get him to 30% on our first st of attempts.. the point is now.. is now he is harder and well we only tried him once since.. and only got him to 80% so for people who were on their way to killing him but yet had not yet.. it is a royal pain.. I know if we had kiled him 3 or 4 times.. I woudl be kinda happy about this change as it owudl bring some new life into dt
    but as it is.. its kinda upsetting cause after working so hard on claymroe and dt access it appears we did it 1 week to late.
  12. ARCHIVED-vinterskugge Guest

If you're getting him to 30% on your first try then he's too easy.
  13. ARCHIVED-ChaosUndivided Guest

Any mob that you get to 30%/kill on your 1st try is too easy imho.
  14. ARCHIVED-Miroh69 Guest

This thread is still going? As someone wrote, he's not harder, he's different....i.e fixed. Learn a new strat to take him down if you can't with the old one is all I can say and deal with it.
  15. ARCHIVED-HerzenFunia Guest

Imho just fix a bit your old strat and he is dead... And I can agree that now he is a bit more interesting to fight, but rly not harder.
  16. ARCHIVED-Ellrin Guest

Well we fought him for the 2nd time this Sunday and our best was getting him to 84%. I write that without any sort of shame at all :p
    We are at the stage of examining logs and effects and seeing what he does! The bastage debuffs we know that now and also that Soul Evisceration can be resisted or cured, we also know we get adds that can be mezzed or offtanked, we know he mem whipes and can use a knockback which due to his size can be a pita.
    I dont feel cheated in anyway really, in fact zoning in and getting him to 30% on the first attempt would have felt worse than getting our behinds handed to us. I personally cant wait till next Sunday and our next shot.
  17. ARCHIVED-MeridianR Guest

It's nice to know that a guild isn't pissed off cause they can't beat Tarinax right away, and is actually going over logs and [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] to get it done....
  18. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

You mean, like a real raiding guild?!
  19. ARCHIVED-MeridianR Guest

The amount of instant gratification needing guilds these days' is sickening.....so yeah it's a nice change of pace :p
  20. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

Seeing someone who is willing and actually enjoying/looking forward to a challege makes me happy.

On the contrary it makes me hate the majority that just whines, [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]es, and moans that tarinax being fixed ruined the game or their quest update was standing around waiting for them, all the more.