Tarinax Lives on May 11th!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 30, 2021.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Tarinax awaits. It's time to see who can dominate in Player vs Player combat on May 11th!

(Lives...because he's an undead dragon...get it... I'll see myself out.)

Stay tuned for more info on Tuesday!

UPDATE -

[IMG]

1. What time will the server release? We will be targeting 12 PM PDT

2. Will we have frequent patches/updates to fix bugs or any other issues? We will patch every second and fourth Tuesday of the month and fixes will be applied as they are completed or necessary.

3. Will there be Turq adorns/slots? Yes.

4. Will we have Pvp quests/rewards? No, there is no plan to do any specific PVP quests or rewards at this time.

5. How long will each expansion be? We’re still reviewing and it may depend on how popular the expansion is and how it is being enjoyed.

7. Will Kingdom of the Sky open with mid content or without? Kingdom of Sky will open with mid content active.

8. Will EoF have avatars enabled? No, Avatars will not be active on Tarinax.

9. How will betrayal work? Same way it worked on Nagafen, you can do the quest at any time but there will be a token that has a cooldown as well.

10. Will there be another patch on beta? No, beta will close on Thursday, May 6 but will have a launch day patch on May 11

11. Will Marketplace be unlocked for Tarinax? Anything available on TLE servers besides XP potions will be available on Tarinax.

12: Will Tarinax have Free Trade enabled? It will!
    BrownEyes, Drelkag, xxKRSNAxx and 8 others like this.
  2. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Tarinax hardly looks ALIVE so it will a miracle to see this Terror of Bonework moving and snarling and breathing! It looks like a Player won't be LIVE for long if they tangle with Tarinax either!! But perhaps the big bonepile has some fatal flaws that can be employed to bring him down? .. at least to our level of existence? On May 11th, one day before my hubby's birthday (yes his birth month that we celebrate all year in our entire family began today .. he wants a hovercraft as his main present this year; he's getting 3 pair Harley blue jeans LOL) the Terrors of Tarinax begin .. who among us shall survive this encounter???
    Drelkag and Cassta like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

hmmm I make him some giant pie and a big barrel of wine , that will bring him back to live .
    I bet back in the days when he first lived he was his moms and dads big boy ;) :D .
    And than we all have a big rebirth party with jousting ( lots of dead bodies ) .
    Drelkag, WhysperWynde and Cassta like this.
  4. Rebelde Active Member

PvP seasonal server called Tarinax?
    WhysperWynde and Cassta like this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Luckily, Tarinax is a permanent free-trade TL PvP server, not seasonal. It's Factional (Q vs FP) with Exiles.
  6. Foruminator New Member

time to resub
    WhysperWynde and Siren like this.
  7. Foruminator New Member

What does Free-Trade mean pls?
    WhysperWynde and Cassta like this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

It means a lot of items (especially dungeon drops) are not bound to anyone when they drop, and can be freely traded or sold on the broker after they're picked up. Quest items are still no-trade when you get them, though.

Oh! And equally importantly, whenever you're killed in PvP, you drop an unbound item from your bags plus 50%-70% of your carried coin, so with Free Trade, even Fabled and higher quality gear can drop.
    WhysperWynde, Cassta and Foruminator like this.
  9. Renew Member

cant wait we all just waiting for live .
    WhysperWynde, Cassta and Siren like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you won't have bags and bags of heirloom items .
    And Tarinax is a permanent PvP server first caped at DoF , level 60 .
    They use the model of a TLE server as in bad public transportation and a carpet in Freeport and Qeynos .
    No level baubles to instant end game .
    Cassta likes this.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

It's initially capped at KoS Level 70, and I think they mentioned it may lock for good at RoK somewhere down the line.
    Spectre and Cassta like this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thanks Siren I was a little mixed up .
    But the model was also changed around somewhat to suit peoples needs .
  13. Hazimel New Member

Is it confirmed with capping at Rise of Kunark? Does it mean it will be included, or EoF will be the last one?

I am asking because I have played on pvp servers for 6 years. RoK was the expansion where outdoor PVP started gradually dying. I think it was mostly due to zone design - too much overland, too many zerg-spawn points. I would cap it at EoF (included) - this was the last expansion when PvP was excellent.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

You know, I'm double checking on that now on Discord, although Dreamweaver isn't on so nobody may know for certain. We get more info Tuesday, so I'd keep an eye on Announcements then. But it doesn't look like EoF will be the last one. We're opening with vanilla+DoF+KoS already open. EoF is the first post-launch expansion that comes right after KoS.

I found two tentative Discord posts from Kander from a little ways back that are both mentioning the same idea:

will be starting at Vanilla+DoF+Kos with Eof and RoK as later releases.

and

we open with Vanilla + DoF+ KoS and then open Eof and Kunark one at a time in a few months.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  15. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Wow PVP sounds rather .. intensive? I guess peeps don't carry much coin around then when they're fighting? I'd shite myself losing 50%-70% of coin I'm carrying. Nothing like getting a person steaming mad for more fighting!!
    Schmetterling and Siren like this.
  16. Hazimel New Member

Thanks Siren. I would advise to consider stopping at EoF - or maybe opening a poll for all server members at some point in EoF.

BTW is there a final ruleset published for Tarinax? Including things like existance of pvp armor, tokens, titles, crowd control adjustments etc?
  17. Siren Well-Known Member

Yep, it's always been that way that I can recall. Original Nagafen server went in back in February 2006, and to this day even on PvE servers, I only keep a few silver on any character no matter what. ;) All the rest is always, always, always in the shared bank.

You get to know where all the "safe" banks are and where the most remotely-located, least-often-visited banks are really fast, too. And how long the zoning immunity timers run for. There's also the infamous "gank at the bank" scene that plays out quite a bit on new players, too.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

Nah, there's not a concrete list of details yet. We learn more on Tuesday. But Kander already said a hard no to PvP gear: way too many players exploited the tokens. There was no PvP gear on beta over the last month, either. Kander called PvP gear "the end of PvP in EQ2" so all the exploiting clearly killed it for good.

That final patch feels pretty good; there are just a few OP dumbfires (Warden Pack and Brigand Thugs) that need major tuning down and we'll be close. It doesn't seem like avoidance has been fixed yet, but maybe after Tarinax launches we'll get one more patch?

Titles are definitely in right now, so I expect they'll be there just the same for launch.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Thanks Siren , your the best .
    Siren likes this.
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

WhysperWynde likes this.